“Sleep soundly in a mountain lodge”
Review of Bent Creek Lodge

Bent Creek Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Arden B&B and Inns
NC
“Sleep soundly in a mountain lodge”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

About a month ago, I had the opportunity to stay at Bent Creek Lodge. It has an Asheville address – close to Asheville, but in a lovely out of the way secluded area. When we arrived during that week, it appeared that there was only one other couple there. Because our rooms were next to one another, Doug kindly moved us to the Water Room. (Can’t say enough good about that shower!)

Each room has an entry to the back balcony overlooking the ‘back yard’. I walked down to see Bent Creek and was rewarding with sculptures and stain glass along the way. Loe-D and Leona, the two lodge dogs, were there to encourage me along – even though they ran circles around me!

Breakfast was a treat. Jodee is an incredible cook and enjoys seeing others enjoy her food.

And, if you want to venture into downtown Asheville, it isn’t far. But, personally, I loved staying at the lodge, playing billiards (something I haven’t done for about 35 years), or taking a hike and then sitting on the deck with my book. Now – that’s relaxing!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LJKNc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the warm "hearth and home" feeling we felt when we arrived. We stayed in the "Barn" room which had a king bed( most B&B do not have) and spacious bathroom. It was located on the main floor, tucked in the back corner of the lodge. We enjoyed the view from the beautiful raised deck which ran across the back of the lodge.
Our second day there was rainy and chilly so we were pleasantly surprised, when we returned from visiting the Biltmore Estate, that the hearth was blazing and there was warm cookies and hot coco,tea or coffee ready for us to warm up. The common room also had a pool table, which helped break the ice and we enjoyed the company of several other couples.
The only issue we had was with the portions and choices at breakfast, so I wrote to Jodee and she was gracious to respond and apply my suggestions. She has since incorporated a side table with additional choices and extras. We would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank giulianogirl
Blacklick, Ohio
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I found Bent Creek Lodge by accident and I am so glad I did. Jodee and Doug made me feel welcome the instant I walked through the front door. I was impressed by the setting, the building, and the quietness. I needed a place for a night's rest and got so much more. In the morning, I felt not only refreshed with a great night's sleep, but happy, satisfied, and peaceful.
The accommodations were heavenly. The restaurant suggestions for dinner were right on target, and I felt comfortable bringing my "carry-out" back to eat in the common room. The view out the back is outstanding. (Sunrise over the mountains is more breath-takingly wonderful than over the ocean, I must say!) The food that Jodee and Doug prepared for breakfast was amazing.
I hope that someday, my travels take me to Ashville again so that I can return to this little slice of heaven.

Room Tip: The best view is from the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cathy M
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

It was just as advertised. Peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. Everything was perfect. The room and bed were so comfortable. The breakfast was the best. Even the coffee was spectacular! We will be back.

Stayed April 2012
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 2, 2012

In 2011 my wife and I stayed at the Bent Creek Lodge bed and breakfast in Asheville, NC. The lodge was very nice and the room that we stayed in was very comfortable with hot tub, flat screen tv, and an adjacent porch with a swing. The breakfasts were very unique and quite gourmet. The location of the inn was very good for traveling around Asheville and going to attractions and parks. The location was secluded and away from some of the busyness that is common in Asheville. If in Asheville, we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marty Z
FL
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The inn keepers were very welcoming, attentive and informative. The lodge and surrounding trails were beautiful. The room was impeccably clean. Loved sitting out back on the deck watching the many birds and squirrels. The breakfasts were awesome. The location couldn't be better as it was close enough to the interstate that everything was easily accessible. Biltmore Park and the Arboretum were just minutes away. Just came back and already planning my next trip.

Room Tip: I stayed in the "barn" room which had a jetted tub and a tv but no direct access to a balc...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank stopngo
Berkeley, California
Reviewed February 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I absolutely loved this place. Unfortunately, we could only stop here on a road trip, arriving late at night and leaving the next morning after breakfast. In the morning, Doug and Jodee showed us a hike route leaving directly from the lodge and let us take our coffee mugs with us. Then they prepared a delicious, wholesome breakfast for us. We had a little while to enjoy the wonderful living room, with its fireplace and library. Our room was also very comfortable, functional and cozy (we stayed in the mountain room). Jodee and Doug were really nice and their dogs were very friendly. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OlgaAlexandrovna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arden
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
The Residences at Biltmore
The Residences at Biltmore
#22 of 66 in Asheville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
The Inn on Biltmore Estate
The Omni Grove Park Inn
The Omni Grove Park Inn
#12 of 66 in Asheville
North Lodge on Oakland
North Lodge on Oakland
#18 of 39 in Asheville

Been to Bent Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!