All reviewshoneymoon cabingas fireplacehot tubcomfortable bedbiltmore estateinglesinternet
Reviewed April 1, 2018

My wife and I took a 8 day 1400 miles road trip from ohio-wv-va-nc-tn- and back to Ohio. We chose to stay two days in Asheville to see the Baltimore Estate which is worth seeing. The stay at the river cabin was one of the best parts of the trip.
The inside of the cabin is clean, and has the look and feel of a fishing cabin. I used the grill and the fire pit. We walked at night near the river and watched the lightning bugs. We never met or talked to the owners while we were there, but that is not an issue for us. We like the seclusion the place offered us. Everything we needed was provided.
Easy access to town. It took us a little while to find the entrance since it is tucked away. We will definitely stay here again when back in Asheville.

Room Tip: Call ahead and get directions to the entrance.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
nba1943, Owner at Asheville River Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

These are close to town but feels like you are out. It is very close to Asheville airport. The "cabins" could use a few upgrades to get the trailer feel out of them. Overall I was happy with my stay,but I probably will not return due to the high price. And the wifi does not work at all.

Room Tip: A step up from camping
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2017

This place is a gem. Close to shopping, the Biltmore Estate, and restaurants. Very quiet, and the river is serene. Highly recommended! Also affordable, and the kitchen has everything you need.

We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the Americana!
Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2017

I was charged half the rent upon making the reservation. I cancelled 6 weeks before reservation and never received a refund. They did not answer phone nor reply to emails (though they had responded very quickly before when requesting information about availability). After I had contacted them about the refund, they had the audacity to charge me the remaining balance. I had to go to my bank and file a dispute. In-laws had a similar experience - though they did get Atticus on the phone who pretended to know nothing and said he would look into it. Never heard back. AVOID!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Colin S
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Quiet cabin right on the river, other cabins available but this one was ideal! Great porch to relax, have meals on and watch the river flow by. Tubing close by, and 25 minute ride to Biltmore Mansion. Secluded but easy drive to everything. A bit pricey but worth it.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
nba1943, Owner at Asheville River Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2017

Thanks for your positive review. May the memories of the visit bring a smile to your face for years to come.