“Very impressed! Can't wait to go back.”

Tamarind Thai Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Girls night out decided to try Thai and it was wonderful. Nothing fancy from the outside but the inside was nicely decorated. It is small but well laid out. The food tasted very fresh and we had great service. It being almost everyone's first time trying Thai our server made great recommendations, and was very kind. You can get anything spiced from a scale of 1-5, me being a wuss, this was greatly appreciated. I had no problems with the level one. Lots of choices and a "heat" range to fit everyone. I can't wait to go back with my husband!

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Camping at mills river but didn't want to cook supper the evening we arrived. Decided to try this. Happy with our choice....basic Thai vegetable medley and garlic chicken were our entrees. Spring roll appetizers very good! About $40 total with tip.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This a fairly small restaurant in a strip mall but the inside is very nice and comfortable. We had a great dinner here. I had the, Panang Curry I think, which was excellent. Wife enjoyed the Green Curry and the kids raved about the Pad Thai. I hope to go back before we leave. Highly recommended if you like Thai!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

There are lots of soso and decent places to eat in Arden. I just visited Tamarind for the first time the other day and I have to say I loved it. I went in between lunch/dinner on a weekend. I loved the vibe and decor. My 4 year thought it was super nice too. I find that other thai/noodle type places in Asheville really scoff when you come into their quiet zone with little kids. This placed seemed to be really welcoming and the staff was great. I had the boston rolls, which were really quite simply good. It had been a while since I had such fresh rolls here in AVL. I had the calamari which was super good and the fried wontons which were a bit crispier than usual but really good too. My favorite part was their wonton soup. WOW, can we say fresh? Not that gross 100 year old broth with pungent pork flabby wonton that most have. This wonton soup was very very very very good. It renewed my faith in simple dishes that seem to get gross over time. I loved it, can't wait to actually try the thai food.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Tamarind! The food was fresh and wonderful, with incredible flavors and perfect heat! The service was friendly, attentive and efficient. Will definitely be back, and often!