“Finally something delish in Arden.” 5 of 5 stars

Tamarind Thai Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: Thai, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Finally something delish in Arden.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

There are lots of soso and decent places to eat in Arden. I just visited Tamarind for the first time the other day and I have to say I loved it. I went in between lunch/dinner on a weekend. I loved the vibe and decor. My 4 year thought it was super nice too. I find that other thai/noodle type places in Asheville really scoff when you come into their quiet zone with little kids. This placed seemed to be really welcoming and the staff was great. I had the boston rolls, which were really quite simply good. It had been a while since I had such fresh rolls here in AVL. I had the calamari which was super good and the fried wontons which were a bit crispier than usual but really good too. My favorite part was their wonton soup. WOW, can we say fresh? Not that gross 100 year old broth with pungent pork flabby wonton that most have. This wonton soup was very very very very good. It renewed my faith in simple dishes that seem to get gross over time. I loved it, can't wait to actually try the thai food.

• Visited May 2013

“Absolutely Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Tamarind! The food was fresh and wonderful, with incredible flavors and perfect heat! The service was friendly, attentive and efficient. Will definitely be back, and often!

Visited May 2013
“Great Thai and Japanese Sushi only a mile from Asheville Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I just moved to Asheville and am learning about the excellent restaurants in the area. Tarmarind is one of them. It's a Thai restaurant with excellent Sushi on the side! The different flavors and complexity of the food is perfect. The atmosphere is lovely and simple. I plan to be back often.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Knoxville, Tennessee
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

It is a great locally owned restaurant! They give you enough food for at least two meals and I highly recommend the salad with ginger dressing (made in house) and the dressing goes amazing with the noodles as well.

Visited February 2013
“Consistently Great Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We love Tamarind. They always have great food and great service. The restaurant is clean and the atmosphere is comfortable. We don't live close anymore, so we don't get to eat near as often as I prefer. I highly recommend this restaurant if you love Thai food or want to try it for the first time. My favorite dish is the Pad See Ew with Chicken. Cream Cheese Rolls are a great appetizer. Be prepared, after you eat Tamarind, no other Thai food will be good enough.

1 Thank UltimateActionSports