“Best BBQ around!!”

Add it.
Big J's Bubba-Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I am from Alabama and know good BBQ. But I must say that NC BBQ is better.... Thanks to this place! Great job Bubba!

Reviewed March 19, 2008

Who would have thought this tiny unobtrusive bbq shack would have some of the tastiest BBQ in the Asheville area. We ventured to every place imaginable to find a decent bbq joint worthy of praise, and after our long quest, we will say this is some of the best we have tasted in Western North Carolina.

While waiting in the tiny one room shack for your order you are bound to end up in a conversation with a loyal Bubba-Q fan who is not afraid to tell you that Bubba's is the best around and it seems most rally together to see who has driven the furthest. They definitely have a strong and loyal customer base! The drawback is that there is no seating in this establishment and the restaurant has odd hours. Those on the "in" know to phone in their orders about or around 4:30PM and let them know when you will be by to pick it up.

The ribs are fall-off-the-bone scrumptious with a slightly spicy sauce (no vinegar here), you get three southern sides to a plate and hush puppies. They also have some of the best fried chicken we have encountered in a restaurant setting (meaning mine is better LOL!) Pork is unsauced.... you pick the sauce.

Friendly, Friendly, Friendly!! "Bubba" has been cranking out his BBQ for 35 years now....and seems to never tire of smiling!

They have opened another BBQ place on Airport road called Circle B Ranch BBQ. i have had lunch here twice, and I am not sure why it is different; It's good....just not as good as the take out at Bubbas.

Now I know there are die-hard fanatical BBQ tasters out there...I am not saying Bubbas is the best in the world or the south, I am saying that for us, this was the best we have found in WNC.

5  Thank NcMysteryShopper