Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Archdale
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
“Be Warned!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Long story short, reserved a Non-Smoking room several weeks ago for 9/29/12. Got there at 3:13pm and they had us in a non-smoking room on the 3rd floor right in the middle of the smoking sections. The room reeeeeeked of cigarettes and we refused it. Check-In is 3pm this was now 3:30pm and they had no rooms cleaned and where cleaning 2. We had to leave for the wedding at 4:30pm and at 4pm my wife had to go into the downstairs lobby bathroom to start getting her make-up on. Didn't get a room until 4:15pm (same with my sister in law at the same time in same hotel) Did not have time to shower, just had to quickly get our clothes on and leave for the wedding which we barely made in time. They would not compensate us nor my sister in law in another room. I can see why this hotel only has a two star rating and I have rated it one star. Absolutely horrible, except for the breakfast which was really good. Highlly recommend you heed this warning!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Frank F,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you encountered with your room accommodation. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding, and the whole wedding party and family was from at least 6 hours away. We all stayed here. All of us had a blast - the staff let us check in with the bride early - they allowed us to all to be jovial in the lobby as we hung out for a bit after the wedding - everyone was super friendly. Great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Its your typical HIG but the front desk agent was very friendly upon check in, She was even smiling which is really not what you see now days. The room was very clean, beds comfy nice flat screen in the room. We didn't hear the highway with the fan running in the room and the price was great!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I'm very glad I did not make my decision to stay there based on some of the reviews I've read. The location was convenient, front desk personnal could not have been more helpful, friendly and professional. Lobby was tastefully decorated and very inviting. My room was very clean with everything I needed and them some....microwave, refrigerator, internet, etc., comfortable linens on the comfortable bed, very quiet, considerate housekeeping staff. i unfortuanately missed the free breakfast as I slept so well but a staff member had directed me the night before to a nearby Starbucks so it all worked out! Lovely quaint little town with several nice restaurants and unique shops. I'll definitely stay there again when I come to towm. If I had wanted Trump Tower accomadations...that's where I would have stayed....I loved this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Convenient location (easy to get on highway). Basic room, clean. Not for you if you're looking for a little fridge in the room or a microwave anywhere to heat up food, but good clean place to lay your head down for the night.

• Stayed October 2011
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My family and I travel to NC each year for a reunion and have chosen this property to stay at for the past 2 years or so. It is conveniently located directly off from the highway and offers free breakfast to guests. The free breakfast alone saves us anywhere from $25 to $45 dollars per day in meal costs. Given that, the room rate feels like to bargain to us. During my most recent visit from September 16th to September 18th, the staff was friendly, courteous and attentive as they have been in prior visits. The lobby decor was gorgeous. The room and bedding was clean and spotless. All the appliances and light fixtures worked. I would like to see the shower area updated, but it was acceptable as it was. I wasn't disturbed by any noises at night. The breakfast I had (i.e. biscuits,bacon, sausage and eggs) was cooked well and tasty. The cinnamon buns were warm and good. I loved that the breakfast host stayed close by to replenish food, clean up and ensure guests were completely satisfied. Bottom line: I will definitely reserve at this hotel next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Avrille, France
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a very noisy hotel : air conditioner and road as you are 30 meters far from
the highway. Some towels were not clean and we had problem with the shower,
the water would stay in the tub. The water also is not drinkable, very strange test.
You could get better rate in other hotels or motels

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Archdale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Hampton Inn High Point
#1 of 6 in Asheboro
Courtyard High Point
Courtyard High Point
#4 of 14 in High Point

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South? Share your experiences!