“Great food; Great value”
Review of J & S Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
J & S Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Maryland
“Great food; Great value”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

On my last visit I had fried chicken, fries and stewed apple and my wife enjoyed chicken Francesco Both meals were delicious, cooked properly and well seasoned. For desert I had a German chocolate cream pie. This was a new desert for me and has now become a favorite. All of this for a total cost for two of approximately $15. At that price I am not sure it is worth eating at home.

My wife and I come here on a regular basis when we want a good meal in a comfortable setting at a great price

2 Thank ChicagoMagyar

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice addition to Archdale's dining choices”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This restaurant offers good, well prepared, fresh meals from a excellent menu that changes often. I found the service to be friendly and efficient. The food was delicious. This was my first visit, but it won't be my last.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank mnhicks55
High Point, North Carolina
“Poor Quality Food”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have dined at J & S Cafe in Archdale several times with family and friends that wanted to "try" it. Each time, the food was less than pleasing...cold, over cooked, no chicken in the chicken pie. It makes me wonder if the food is cooked at a J & S Cafeteria location and then delivered to the Cafe for reheating before serving. There is no comparison to the real cafeteria. The prices are also high for the amount and quality of the food. I recommend you continue north for much better food and value.

• Visited October 2012
New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,230 helpful votes
“Quick service, cheep food, clean.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

J&S apparently seems to be a little local chain and we as passersby through the area found this place by serendipity. We got off the I-85 highway for a little break at High Point/ Archdale. It was a no frills, clean place with a limited cheap no-nonsense menu and nice fast service. The waitress forgot the rolls included in dinner but the benefit of it was the speed with which the dinner appeared on the table. They have a take out as well and sell jams and preserves.

• Visited November 2012
Trinity
“Never again”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very expensive for food that tastes like it was heated up in the microwave! $9.47 for a sweet tea & chicken finger plate at LUNCH time!? Will never go there again, & have heard plenty of people say the same!

• Visited October 2012