“A Terrible Place to Stay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites High Point Archdale

Fairfield Inn & Suites High Point Archdale
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Archdale
Mission Viejo, California
“A Terrible Place to Stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Unfortunately, since new ownership has taken over, this hotel has gone downhill in a big way. The paper thin towels, hot water problems, unreliable wake up calls along with rates that have dramatically increased during the High Point Market make this a hotel to AVOID. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this particular Fairfield Inn!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank David K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

What used to be a decent hotel experience has been severely downgraded, all due to the new management of this hotel. If you want poor service, poor amenities and high prices, then this is your place to stay! No water pressure in the shower, lukewarm water at best, paper thin towels the size of a postage stamp, dirty carpeting, and a not very good location. Management would not respond to complaints, and worse, did not care. After staying here for several nights 2 times a year, for the last several years, this is no longer a destination, what a sad deterioration.

Room Tip: There is no good room based on the poor upkeep.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Frogcity1
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at this location a number of times throughout the year for over 5 years. The rate was reasonable, even though the rate increased at Market time. However, when new ownership took over last year, the rate skyrocketed, while the accomodations diminshed to what I would liken to a 1-star hotel. We complained vehemently and the owners refused to speak to us in any way. They would not even answer our letters. We also complained to Marriott Corporate, and to American Express. The owners of this hotel need to realize that the business we gave them throughout the year was dependent upon fair rates with clean and comfortable accomodations. Not only have we withdrawn the 20 rooms we booked there twice per year, but we will make it a point to share our feelings with the Market Authority, the Board at IMC, and all of our customers and colleagues.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Darla L
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here two nights - first I will explain why this didn't get an excellent rating:

1. This is more related to Marriott policies than to this specific location - as related to my business travels, any Marriott owned location throughout the country seems to be consistent in that no matter if you get a king size bed (occupancy up to 2 people) or two doubled (up to 4 people), there is always just one package of coffee to make one cup. While it is usually not a big deal to call the front desk or leave a note for housekeeping to leave you more, it still irritates me and also seems a bit lame. So that's one ding but I will let you decide if that's a big deal to you or not.

2. The fitness area was weak, it pretty much just had a treadmill. But others in the area had nothing, so this may be a wash.

Now for the positives:

I don't know the area, but the hotel seems to be in a "smaller" town close to other "bigger" towns, though that is my perception only. There are not tons of restaurants nearby, but if you drive a little bit you'll find options. The hotel itself is modern in the common areas, there is plenty of room in the area where breakfast is served, and all areas I saw were neat and clean.

The room itself was not "oh wow, this is gorgeous!", but nice nonetheless. The bed was comfortable, the pillows nice and soft, and there were plenty of them. The room noise level was one of the best I have been in for a while - it was full when we arrived, but I didn't hear my neighbor's TV, phone conversations, etc. The A/C ran beautifully and was easy to adjust. I slept extremely well staying here.

The staff was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable, and available. The check in process was very quick, check out even quicker, and there were no problems with anything on that side. As mentioned at the beginning, I had to ask for more coffee packs and that was handled efficiently and professionally.

Overall, I would stay here again and do not hesitate to recommend it, especially if you're on a budget. This place is reasonably priced and yet doesn't make you feel like you're getting a cheap motel stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank GinaMR33
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Enjoyed our stay here. Good staff, nice breakfast options, great beds and relaxed in the pool and hot tub! Felt like a vacation. Super clean too. Would stay here again for sure. It was our first time at a Fairfield Inn, and we will try to stay there from now on. Price - $72 a night was worth it.

• Stayed September 2012
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was at this particular location this past Sunday visiting my boyfriend and his kids for one night and we all spent a couple of hours in the pool and hot tub. The next day I flew home and when I got home I noticed a small rash in my abdominal area and on the side of my body but thought it was from heat and traveling all day. The next morning my boyfriend called me to tell me that the kids had a rash all over their bodies including really bad ear aches. His daughter's were particularly bad and turning into boils, probably because she'd spent the most time in the hot tub than us. They ended taking them to the doctor only to find out they had hot tub folliculitis. The kids were quarenteened and given strong meds because their turned into boils that were contagious and had to be cleaned. I was lucky and mine didn't turn into that.

I told Marriott about this and they provided a canned response to my inquiry and made it seem like I was lying, which I found unnaccceptable. I am still hashing this out with them, but I just want people to know about this location's unsanitary hot tub practices so that no one, especially children go through this again.

I do have to give the positive because there was a shining light in all of this. The guest clerk was very accommodating when I checked in and was one of the friendlies people I've met at a hotel before. If I could say her name here I would because she deserves kudos (Penny for your thoughts?).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank maridelove
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a good hotel and our stay was good but we extended our stay an extra night and advised the front desk of our decision. The communication between the front desk and management and housekeeping was non-existent. The cleaning staff didn't clean our room because they thought we were checking out. The General Manager came and tried to get in our door because she thought we were supposed to be checked out. Then they changed the rate for the extra night without letting us know. I called back to the hotel once I realized the mistake and was told I would need to speak with the manager. I've now called the hotel 5 x with no return call. Now have Marriott Customer Service involved. They have alerted the hotel to contact us and told us to give it 3 - 5 days. It is now 5 days and they still have not called. A business is no better than the management and unfortunately, even though we are huge Marriott fans we will never stay at this hotel because it is obvious customer service is not important to them. S&E from Raleigh, NC

Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Archdale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South
#4 of 14 in High Point
J.H. Adams Inn
J.H. Adams Inn
#2 of 14 in High Point

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites High Point Archdale? Share your experiences!