“A Pretty Good Place to Rest Your Head”

Fairfield Inn & Suites High Point Archdale
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Archdale
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Pretty Good Place to Rest Your Head”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here two nights - first I will explain why this didn't get an excellent rating:

1. This is more related to Marriott policies than to this specific location - as related to my business travels, any Marriott owned location throughout the country seems to be consistent in that no matter if you get a king size bed (occupancy up to 2 people) or two doubled (up to 4 people), there is always just one package of coffee to make one cup. While it is usually not a big deal to call the front desk or leave a note for housekeeping to leave you more, it still irritates me and also seems a bit lame. So that's one ding but I will let you decide if that's a big deal to you or not.

2. The fitness area was weak, it pretty much just had a treadmill. But others in the area had nothing, so this may be a wash.

Now for the positives:

I don't know the area, but the hotel seems to be in a "smaller" town close to other "bigger" towns, though that is my perception only. There are not tons of restaurants nearby, but if you drive a little bit you'll find options. The hotel itself is modern in the common areas, there is plenty of room in the area where breakfast is served, and all areas I saw were neat and clean.

The room itself was not "oh wow, this is gorgeous!", but nice nonetheless. The bed was comfortable, the pillows nice and soft, and there were plenty of them. The room noise level was one of the best I have been in for a while - it was full when we arrived, but I didn't hear my neighbor's TV, phone conversations, etc. The A/C ran beautifully and was easy to adjust. I slept extremely well staying here.

The staff was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable, and available. The check in process was very quick, check out even quicker, and there were no problems with anything on that side. As mentioned at the beginning, I had to ask for more coffee packs and that was handled efficiently and professionally.

Overall, I would stay here again and do not hesitate to recommend it, especially if you're on a budget. This place is reasonably priced and yet doesn't make you feel like you're getting a cheap motel stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank GinaMR33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Orlando
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Enjoyed our stay here. Good staff, nice breakfast options, great beds and relaxed in the pool and hot tub! Felt like a vacation. Super clean too. Would stay here again for sure. It was our first time at a Fairfield Inn, and we will try to stay there from now on. Price - $72 a night was worth it.

• Stayed September 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was at this particular location this past Sunday visiting my boyfriend and his kids for one night and we all spent a couple of hours in the pool and hot tub. The next day I flew home and when I got home I noticed a small rash in my abdominal area and on the side of my body but thought it was from heat and traveling all day. The next morning my boyfriend called me to tell me that the kids had a rash all over their bodies including really bad ear aches. His daughter's were particularly bad and turning into boils, probably because she'd spent the most time in the hot tub than us. They ended taking them to the doctor only to find out they had hot tub folliculitis. The kids were quarenteened and given strong meds because their turned into boils that were contagious and had to be cleaned. I was lucky and mine didn't turn into that.

I told Marriott about this and they provided a canned response to my inquiry and made it seem like I was lying, which I found unnaccceptable. I am still hashing this out with them, but I just want people to know about this location's unsanitary hot tub practices so that no one, especially children go through this again.

I do have to give the positive because there was a shining light in all of this. The guest clerk was very accommodating when I checked in and was one of the friendlies people I've met at a hotel before. If I could say her name here I would because she deserves kudos (Penny for your thoughts?).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank maridelove
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a good hotel and our stay was good but we extended our stay an extra night and advised the front desk of our decision. The communication between the front desk and management and housekeeping was non-existent. The cleaning staff didn't clean our room because they thought we were checking out. The General Manager came and tried to get in our door because she thought we were supposed to be checked out. Then they changed the rate for the extra night without letting us know. I called back to the hotel once I realized the mistake and was told I would need to speak with the manager. I've now called the hotel 5 x with no return call. Now have Marriott Customer Service involved. They have alerted the hotel to contact us and told us to give it 3 - 5 days. It is now 5 days and they still have not called. A business is no better than the management and unfortunately, even though we are huge Marriott fans we will never stay at this hotel because it is obvious customer service is not important to them. S&E from Raleigh, NC

Stayed July 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. The hotel location is convenient to down town high point. The room is clean and spacious. Staff was kind. We can easily find nice restaurants near the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have stayed here twice. Great rooms for parents with a student visiting High Point University. Has a King bed in one area then sleeper / pull out in the separate room. Breakfast is included. 10 minutes to campus and give rates if you let them know that you are there for HPU.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you have 3 or more...a bit more room.