I stayed here two nights - first I will explain why this didn't get an excellent rating:
1. This is more related to Marriott policies than to this specific location - as related to my business travels, any Marriott owned location throughout the country seems to be consistent in that no matter if you get a king size bed (occupancy up to 2 people) or two doubled (up to 4 people), there is always just one package of coffee to make one cup. While it is usually not a big deal to call the front desk or leave a note for housekeeping to leave you more, it still irritates me and also seems a bit lame. So that's one ding but I will let you decide if that's a big deal to you or not.
2. The fitness area was weak, it pretty much just had a treadmill. But others in the area had nothing, so this may be a wash.
Now for the positives:
I don't know the area, but the hotel seems to be in a "smaller" town close to other "bigger" towns, though that is my perception only. There are not tons of restaurants nearby, but if you drive a little bit you'll find options. The hotel itself is modern in the common areas, there is plenty of room in the area where breakfast is served, and all areas I saw were neat and clean.
The room itself was not "oh wow, this is gorgeous!", but nice nonetheless. The bed was comfortable, the pillows nice and soft, and there were plenty of them. The room noise level was one of the best I have been in for a while - it was full when we arrived, but I didn't hear my neighbor's TV, phone conversations, etc. The A/C ran beautifully and was easy to adjust. I slept extremely well staying here.
The staff was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable, and available. The check in process was very quick, check out even quicker, and there were no problems with anything on that side. As mentioned at the beginning, I had to ask for more coffee packs and that was handled efficiently and professionally.
Overall, I would stay here again and do not hesitate to recommend it, especially if you're on a budget. This place is reasonably priced and yet doesn't make you feel like you're getting a cheap motel stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travel with confidence by checking into the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott® Archdale/High Point, a Archdale/High Point hotel with outstanding service to make all your travels easy and comfortable - at an exceptional value. With a great location near High Point University, we are always ready to welcome you with amenities like thoughtfully designed guest rooms and suites that allow you to work and relax, free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel to stay connected during your stay, and fitness facilities that include a indoor pool and exercise room. You'll find it easy to settle into our vibrant lobby, with spaces to gather, relax and work. Jump-start your day with our free breakfast, now with more hot choices like scrambled eggs, sausage and oatmeal, plus favorites including fresh fruit and yogurt. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott® Archdale/High point, you're our #1 priority. We promise you'll be satisfied or we'll make it right. That's our commitment to you. Ask us about The Fairfield 100% Guarantee™. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites High Point Archdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Archdale
- Fairfield Archdale
- Archdale Fairfield Inn