“Great People and Facility, we'll be back”

Kersey Valley Zip Line
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Archdale
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Zip lining North Carolina has been reinvented by Kersey Valley, Inc. with engineered Sky Towers and a themed closed course including Flight School. With over 1.5 miles of cable our North Carolina zip line is one of the largest in the world! Gather your family and friends for an adventure of a lifetime on our amazing NC zip lines! At Kersey Valley Zip Line you will experience one of the only closed-course zip line rides ever built that is themed in aviation. You will traverse massive Sky Towers representing airports city codes across the country and around the world. Your feet will never touch the ground once you are airborne.
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great People and Facility, we'll be back”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Went to KVZL with a group of young (11-12) kids for my younger son's birthday. Also had my 15yr old son. First timers to Zip Lining and everyone had an absolutely fantastic time! The facility is top notch and the staff were terrific. Can't say enough good things about the whole experience, it was comfortable and first-class from being greeted at the check-in stand to personally escorted around the grounds and through the check-in process, and the flights themselves. Al and Billy were our tour guides and couldn't have asked for better people to work with. They made the experience fun and relaxed, and had a great rapport with the kids. No pressure, no gung-ho attitude, just people that truly seem to enjoy what they are doing.

The equipment and course all looked in excellent condition, they obviously put a lot of effort into maintenance. After the safety briefing, everyone was comfortable and there were no safety concerns at all. The Coach course was perfect for us first-timers. Some of the kids who were big talkers on the way out got real quiet and nervous when they stepped up to the edge of the platform and looked 40-50 feet down! Have to admit my heart was racing every time you "sit down" and hang off the ledge for that brief moment, but once you get going it is an amazing feeling. But we all had so much fun, the only complaint was that we were not doing the First class course (4 additional lines that are longer and faster).

Not too busy our day (Sunday 1p), so we got thru the Coach (10 line) course in about 1:15 with 7 of us.

And they had so much more to offer than just Zip Lining. The place is so impressive with it's Western Town/Ghost Town set up. Can easily spend the day here. We plan to come back this fall for the corn maze, more Zip-lining and Laser Tag. We will pack a picnic and maybe grill out at the pavillion on site.

Top notch operation all the way, couldn't recommend higher it for any age, group or function.

North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun, safe, and nice people.”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My main reservation when booking the tour was safety. The release you must sign lists a number of calamities that are possible. However, the staff pays strict attention to safety, and after observing the orientation and our initial flight, I had no safety concerns whatsoever. Tickets are not inexpensive, but when there is risk involved I'm not interested in a cheaper alternative. The finer points of ziplining eluded us for the first couple of flights, but we got the hang of it eventually. What impressed me most was that every staff member we encountered was as nice as could be. People at Disney aren't this nice. Every aspect of the tour made a good impression.

United States
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Fun ... good for all ages”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

So I am a sort of zip line junkie having done them several times at various places in the country. Kersey has quite a setup going with 14 towers of varying speeds and lengths. While it wasn't the best ziplining I have done, it was fun. There are two or three levels of steps depending on the tower, so keep that in mind. But nothing too strenuous.

Kersey also offers a lot of family-oriented things that start in the fall. A corn maze, laser tag, and much more. If my children were little they would love it.

There is ample parking and the cost is reasonable.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“My Mother and Son day”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I think I can speek for my son as well when I say we had an absolute blast. Our flight crew was outstanding and helped make our zip line experience one we won't soon forget. This was a birthday (64th) gift from my son and his wife and was the "perfect" gift. Thank you for a memorable wonderful and memorable day!

New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“loads of fun tucked away”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Went with my husband for his birthday. We had a blast- "flight instructors" were safety conscious and strict about rules but did it as they kept us laughing and enjoying every second. Really looking forward to next visit. Going to try it at night next!