“Horrible Experience at the InKeeper, Skibo Rd. Fayetteville, NC 28303”

Days Inn High Point/Archdale
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Archdale
me231
“Horrible Experience at the InKeeper, Skibo Rd. Fayetteville, NC 28303”
Reviewed September 1, 2006

i was to stay in Fayetteville, NC because of a Drs. App. the next day. My wife and I stayed at the INKEEPER at 1720 Skibo Road, 28303. Not five minutes after we checked in I found a German Roach clinbing the wall. I killed it thinking that was it, I could handle one bug. To make a long story straight, I wound up killing bugs, from climbing the walls, to in the bathroom, and the food we brought in I could not eat because of all the bugs I was killing when I got back to it, I witnessed a Roach on it.
I wrote the head company and they did not do anything about our horrible, sleepless stay in a Roach Motel. I fill out the card and laid the dead bugs on it and where I found them. I took pictures with my cell phone and we even found two dead Roaches under the brass colored plate on the end table. I moved to chairs and the table and it looked as though those areas, had NEVER been vaccuumed.
I could not rate my experience BAD enough but I can tell everyone that since no one did anything about my complaint and my letter to the head office, I will be taking my cell phone to the news station for review. I even opened the Microwave and there was one in it just making itself at home. I know for a fact that these insects are a complete health risk, they carry Staph infection, Samalela poisoning, and other deseases. If that isn't all, these insect, Roaches BITE.
Patrick ODell

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — THE ROACHES EVERYWHERE
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away from INKEEPER on SKIBO ROAD
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank me231

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 31, 2004

The room was listed as "no-smoking" and there was the usual "no-smoking room" sticker on the outside of the door, but the room smelled of stale tobacco smoke and even had three ashtrays -- one at the sink, one by the phone, and one on the table by the door. . . which is remarkable for a room that is billed as smoke-free!

The linens/towels were clean, the beds made, room large and clean and neat. Local phone calls were free. The usual cable TV channels, microwave oven, apartment-size refrigerator which, although new, didn't work; the front desk made no attempt to repair or replace it during our two-day stay.

The faucet handles (single lever type) were loose, but operable, on shower and washbasin. Water was hot and plentiful.

The Continental breakfast was satisfying. A variety of breakfast items to choose from, and plenty of hot coffee (plus decaf) and juices and fresh milk, plus fresh apples. No one should leave hungry.

All the staff personnel were courteous and helpful. But no working refrigerator, of course.

All in all, except for a gross misrepresentation of what was purportedly a smoke-free room, it was a satisfactorily so-so experience for a very brief stay.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Archdale hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Archdale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 14 in High Point
Fairfield Inn & Suites High Point Archdale

Been to Days Inn High Point/Archdale? Share your experiences!