“Good for the money”

Days Inn High Point / Archdale
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Archdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sterling, Connecticut
Reviewed June 23, 2013

That's all your going to get if you want to pay cheap. I think thats personally unfair but I stayed here for four nights. Besides the cheap price, pool, decent selection of breakfast food to pick from, elevators work fine, and doors able to lock it was over good okay. The main issue I had was the wifi, the first night I got there it would not work and it showed that the place had three or four wifis so I called the front desk and she told me its DAYSINN4 and that sometimes when there is a lot of people on it at once it will shutoff. Okayyyy so the next day it worked and was super happy -- well i found out later that night because of the internet and wifi I somehow got hacked and someone sent a email out to everyone with a virus. So just to inform everyone free wifi doesn't mean its safe didnt know that till now but I wouldn't use the wifi there ever again.

The last night I was there everyone was complaining about how hot it was in the building turns out the AC broke so thank god I had only suffered one night without it. It wouldn't be a big deal if we had a window we could open but you don't,

There are a lot of shady characters as well there - a lot of people just hang in the parking lot and we saw a car pull out with no lights after talking to someone ... Only mentioning this because it seems that most of the people in the parking lot weren't even hotel guests there.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the part of the building where the room are in the inside of the building not the motel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Clinton, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I'm not very impressed with this Days Inn. I had requested a first floor room, but none were available. I can understand that, although given how far in advance I booked and the fact that it was an Advance Purchase, it would have been nice to get some consideration on that item. But again, I can give them a pass there because it specifically states in the fine print when booking that not all such requests will be honored, blah, blah, blah.

The second issue I had was my key card wouldn't work at all in the outside door that led to the building I was staying in. I wasn't the only customer with the same problem, as I struggled along with several others on the same door, each with our own card. My key card worked great on the other exterior door, but it was a longer walk. Then my card wouldn't work well on the door into my room. Once I got into my room, it was clean, but the WIFI didn't work. No WIFI for a business traveler is unacceptable.

There are certainly a lot worse places I could stay, but I've also stayed at far more accommodating and hassle-free places for the same money or less. If you need a clean room, aren't in a hurry to get somewhere (i.e., have the time to play with the key card until it works), and don't need Internet access, then this is a fine place to stay. If you like a more streamlined hotel stay free of tech issues, you might want to avoid this Days Inn location.

P.S. I wrote this before breakfast. Their orange juice was marked out, and their apple juice looked and tasted just like water. Very disappointed in this Days Inn location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Archdale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Comfort Inn Near High Point University
Hampton Inn High Point
Hampton Inn High Point
#1 of 6 in Archdale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites High Point South

Been to Days Inn High Point / Archdale? Share your experiences!