“Friendly & Clean”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Apex
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Friendly & Clean”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Spent two nights here and we were both very pleased. Very pleasant staff and a very clean hotel. The room we booked had two queens. four pillows per bed (yahoo!!) nice bathroom and a great hot shower. Morning breakfast was about as expected but good. Since we have children in Apex with now 3 grand children, we will be staying here again (and again)....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hickory, NC
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We travelled to Raleigh for the NC state fair, and I thought that I had booked 2 nights. Unfortunately, I only booked one and the hotel was full, so the manager was able to find us a room at this Holiday Inn Express. They took us in before check-in and gave us a nice room. The lady at the desk, Karla, was an absolute gem! I locked my keys in the car, and she called and handles all the arrangements to get them out for me! She was a pleasure to meet and she went above and way beyond her call of duty to help me out!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Piney Flats, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this location a couple of years ago and was less than impressed. Since then, they seem to have made great strides at cleaning and at friendliness. Like some others have said, the AC is a little loud, but that is the nature of that type of AC where every room is on its own unit. Unlike a lot of hotels, they don't have those annoying motion detectors that shut off the AC as soon as you leave the room. Accordingly, you can keep the room temperature rather comfortable. They also have a pool, which is a big plus with the kids.

My "group" had two rooms and we all thought they were good. The breakfast was decent, but not spectacular. Hey, it's better than what I eat at home!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location is good, close to major highways. Price was very fair. Noisy air conditioner in room and limited breakfast options were only negatives.

Room Tip: Test A/C noise level when you arrive. If noisy, request to change. I wish I did.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Laurel, Delaware
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Spent 3 nights in Apex, NC. King size bed ( the best my wife & I have ever slept on ) thank you very much. Oh, did I tell you the room came with a jacuzzi. Now you have to supply the wine yourself, to make it truly relaxing...& we did. The staff was more that generous. Centered around our points of interest.

Room Tip: Go for the king size bed & jacuzzi...& unwind. Faces the west, though the windows are tinted...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charlie C
Lancaster, SC
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed at the HIE in Apex, NC for the first time while there on business and was very satisfied with my 3 night stay. When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by a couples of very nice ladies working the desk. Check in was very quick and acknowledged me being a Platinum member. They were also very helpful in answering any questions about places to eat, directions, etc. The room was very spacious and very clean as most HIE's are. The bed was also very comfortable. WiFi access was very good all week which is important to me for work related stuff. Breakfast was the normal HIE breakfast they serve. Everything was always hot and fresh each morning and the breakfast host was always on top of things. I would highly recommend this hotel if ever in the Apex/Raleigh area. I will definitely be staying here when in town on business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MikesTikibar
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Family came to visit and they insist that i book this Hotel each time. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean, a but probably the best part is the convenient location. We explored Salem St in Downtown Apex, with plenty of shops and restaurants just minutes away, it is also covenient to Downtown Raleigh, RDU Airport, RTP, or Crabtree Valley Mall as well. The convenience and friendly staff always make this my go to Hotel when family or friends come to visit. Highly recommended!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apex
Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area
Comfort Inn Apex
Comfort Inn Apex
#3 of 6 in Apex
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary
Comfort Suites Regency Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh? Share your experiences!