“Excellent Facilities - - Outstanding Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Apex
Reviewed January 11, 2013

PJA Colorado Springs, CO
My wife and I spent the Christmas Holiday in Apex visiting my son and his family and daughter's family came down from VA. Upon check-in, Ben made us feel right at home and very welcome. He went out of his way to insure we had everything we needed. Same for Dane on another night. The room was perfect, my wife was very impressed with the decor, cleanliness, and comfort. The breakfast was very good and I was pleasantly surprised with varied options. With my son's family living in Apex, we will be coming out often and will make the Holiday Inn Express our first choice. Thanks to all for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Cherry C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

I am glad you were able to spend the Holiday with your family and our family! Dane and Ben both have a way of making sure our guest feel right at home.I am glad we are the first choice for your stays in Apex, we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your kind comments.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Firstly - I've stayed in 500 + hotels and know what it means to be accommodated. I suffered a hand injury before showing up at the hotel and had no use of my hand set in a splint. They gave me handicapped room which was welcome. I forgot a plastic bag and tape so I could shower. Front desk provided this for me. I needed a button sewed on and front desk did this for me. Hotel was very clean and beds were comfy. I felt at hone.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express in North Carolina. We appreciate your nice comments regarding being accommoodated that means we have succeeded at what we do to make you feel at home. Hope that injury is all healed up and back you are feeling better. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had a bad experience with another hotel and ended up booking here at the last minute. Upon arrival Dane at the desk, took pity upon me after hearing of my troubles. He upgraded us to a King room and was extremely helpful!!! He made a nightmare situation end up being pleasant! Breakfast was pretty good and the staff was awesome all the way around!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the great feedback. I am so gald to hear that Dane was there to help you get settled into our hotel and you could have a restful night and a good breakfast. You so deserved that upgrade! We're hoping the next time you're in the area you return for another stay.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Management went out of their way to make sure my stay was pleasant.Convenient location, clean rooms, along with the friendly atmosphere puts this Hotel on my go to list whenever I have friends visiting the triangle.I cannot say enough great things about the staff here!!

• Stayed: December 2011
Cherry C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us such a wonderful review! The Holiday Inn Express is convenient to everything . We loved taking care of you and your friends while they were in town visiting. The restaurants we helped select in Historic Downtown Apex were a BIG hit for them. I can hardly wait to see y'all again! Call me whenever it is time to plan your next friends visit. Thanks for making us the go to hotel for you in Apex, NC.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Was given king room with sofa. The room was huge. The furniture in the room looked like it was left over from world war 2.... The sofa bed was VERY old, and the chair that seemed to match was just as old. Bed was ok, nothing special. The bathroom was somewhat small in comparison to the room size, and was updated years ago. The bathroom counter top was clean, but again, dated. The Internet worked, but seemed slow. The staff were friendly and professional, and the breakfast consisted of the usual holiday in express items. NOTE... This hotel is not that easy to see from the highway. There is a very small sign that points to the entrance, but if you are not looking carefully, you will miss it!..... I did! Plenty of hotels in the area, and I will try a different one next time. Nothing really wrong here, but nothing really special either.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Cherry C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you did find the Holiday Inn Express in Apex, NC the best kept secret in town, tucked behind the Burger King and Pizza Inn, a very quite area. I am so sorry the sign located on highway 55 at the entrance to 1006 Marco Drive pointing to the entrance is so small and can be a bit tricky to locate (city ordinance). Thank you for your kind comment about our staff being friendly and professional, they are a pleasure to work with too!

Warmest Regards,
General Mananger

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Visited Apex for a family member graduation event. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and quite large. Clean pool, nice breakfast buffet. I would not have any reservations about staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your recent stay and kind words. Graduations are such wonderful events to celebrate with your family. Our large rooms and outdoor pool area give you the extra space you may need for family gatherings in Apex. I hope you all enjoyed the NEW pancake machine on our hot breakfast buffet. I hope to see you again when you are traveling to Apex for other special times with your family. The friendly staff at the Holdiay Inn Express will be here to make your stay extra special!

Creating Memories,

Reviewed June 24, 2012

In Apex for first BBQ competition. Great place to stay, great town and great BBQ contest with festival. Hotel has great staff that are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

WOW! The Peak City Pig Fest, our first BBQ competition sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society held in Historic Downtown Apex, NC. I can hardly wait until next year when we do it all over again! Thank you for choosing the host hotel for your stay, I look forward to seeing you in 2013 for more BBQ, fun and festivities.

Finger Licken' Good!

Cherry Champion

Hotel has great staff that are friendly and helpful.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apex
Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area
Comfort Inn Apex
Comfort Inn Apex
#3 of 6 in Apex
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh/Cary
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary

Been to Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh? Share your experiences!