“Good beer and nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tyler's Restaurant and Tap Room

Tyler's Restaurant and Tap Room
Ranked #23 of 132 Restaurants in Apex
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cary, North Carolina, United States
“Good beer and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We visited on a Saturday lunchime, and it was packed. We opted for a high top in the bar. Probably the best on-tap beer selection I have seen around here so far with some rare draught beers. Food was good, I always try Fish and Chips (I'm British, and it is one of my favorite pub foods). I was not disappointed, and they have a very extensive menu to choose from if fish is not on your list. It's in the main Beaver Commons shopping center, so plenty of parking.

• Visited January 2014

Apex, North Carolina
“Food was only okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The place always appears busy so we wanted to try it out. The atmosphere was good and fun, they had a separate room with a couple of pool tables. The food was only okay, no big complaints but not good enough to make me return.

• Visited October 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Take in a fine taproom experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Tyler's has several locations throughout the Raleigh-Durham area, but the only Tyler's restaurant that I have been to is the Apex location in the Beaver Creek Commons shopping center. This location, on the southwestern fringes of the Apex/Holly Springs/Cary area of suburban development (or overdevelopment), is convenient for many people throughout the RDU area, and is also suitable for people driving east from Chatham County. Within that convenient and central location, Tyler's offers a fine taproom experience. The look of the place is open and airy, with high ceilings and walls decorated with microbrew logos. The service is friendly and efficient, and the food is consistently excellent. Items that I would recommend include the fried green tomato sandwich with sweet potato fries, the very spicy buffalo chicken sandwich, and the flavorful pulled pork sandwich (cole slaw on top, naturally -- this *is* North Carolina) with garlic fries. I also like the fish tacos (as good as anything I've had in San Diego) and the fish and chips -- fresh and light, and not too heavy on the breading. The beers-on-tap selection is excellent, with a helpful emphasis on local North Carolina microbrews. If you enjoy the taproom dining experience, then Tyler's is more than worth your while.

• Visited December 2013
Cary, NC
“Overall average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was good, beer was pretty overpriced but good selection, table was rocking, air was BLASTING on us. I really like Tyler's in general (have been to other locations repeatedly) this was hopefully just an off visit as I hadn't been to this location yet.

Visited October 2013
Apex, North Carolina, United States
“This is my regular spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I go to Tyler's all the time. It is near to my office, and I love to take my staff here for lunch and happy hour. They have a HUGE selection of beer on tap. My favorite foods are the fish tacos, Carolina nachos, and blue cheese chips, but they have great burgers too. An added plus, 2 bars to choose from, plus a restaurant. The food and service is always consistent!

• Visited September 2013