“Awesome Carrabba's does it right!”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #24 of 137 Restaurants in Apex
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Awesome Carrabba's does it right!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We've been enjoying Carrabba's since they first opened in Florida 20 years ago and have since considered it one of our favorite restaurants from there to Denver and now to Cary, NC, where we just ate at this Apex location for the first time since moving here and have to say, it lives up to the brand!

I had my usual favorite, the Pollo Rosa Maria, and it the flavor did not disappoint! As usual, an awesome, awesome meal, with that delicious wood fired taste and oh so yummy mushroom basil butter sauce, and for my side I chose the yumster garlic mashed potatoes. Now the portion, that was a different story. Two very small breasts, much smaller than I'm accustomed to, asked the server and he said they were their usual size. Hope to see them get that back up where it belongs.

We also agreed that also top notch were the Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Spicy Chicken Sausage Soup, Citrus Arugula Salad w/Chicken, Bread and Spices, and Wine Flight. The house red was "okay," but the Coppolla Pinot was better.

As usual, the atmosphere is top notch, the service excellent, especially from our guy, Sam.

• Visited October 2013

Apex, North Carolina
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times, as Italian is my favorite. The first visit, my lasagna was burned. I wasn't charged for my meal. Willing to give it another try, the next 2 meals were quite good. Service was good. Weekend nights have a long wait.

Visited November 2012
new york
“Hoped for a much better experience but they came thru in the end!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The first time my husband and I tried Carrabas was not a great experience and we felt it was mainly due to the fact that we went on a busy weekend night. So, we decided to give it another chance.

Our second experience was unfortunately worse. I ordered a pasta dish and received it with shrimp on top, which I do not eat. When the server set it down, I advised him that I did not order the dish with shrimp and he smiled and walked away so I didn't think he heard me. At the same time, my husband who ordered the Italian Trio, noticed that his chicken parm was totally burnt and hard as a rock. I caught our waitress and she quickly went to the manager who came over, apologized and told us the chef would now be "taking his time" with our order and we would have to wait a bit longer. I wondered what the chef was doing before this order, did he rush it? Apparently so. Okay, stuff happens, no big deal, they were going to fix it so we were prepared to wait.

The food came out again rather quickly and this time there was chicken in my pasta, which I again, did not order. I figured, the heck with it, I do eat chicken and by this time, did not want to make a big deal out of it. However, my husband's chicken parm once again came out burnt, not as bad as the first one, but still not great. We both decided to just eat what we could and cut our losses. The server came over with the grated cheese and as the snowy cascade of cheese was falling into my pasta dish, another server came over and said to me very abruptly "You have the wrong food, this is yours. You got someone else's and he got yours". Finally, he put down a dish of my original order but unfortunately, it looked as though the guy who got mine had already started on this dish. It just looked weird to me like someone had eaten some of it and mixed it up. You know how you just know? It was kind of all bunched up to the side of the plate and the vegetables were really mixed in there. My husband even shouted to the server who took my dish away "I hope the guy likes cheese!" Our waitress was very nice and none of this was her fault.

I decided to write a review directly to Carrabbas and let them know of our experience. I must tell you that within a few short days, I received a letter of apology from the manager of Carrabbas along with two Pranzo's (dinner vouchers of sorts - not gift cards) to return and give them another chance. I really thought this was very very impressive and did not really expect a response let alone a letter of apology directly from the manager with an offer to come back and have a meal on them. Wow!

I have to say way to go Carrabbas for trying to rectify the situation and we will definitely be back for another try. Hopefully this time things will go a little better. We noticed they have Carside Service which I think is a pretty cool option so we might opt for that instead of a dining-in experience.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank happy2review
Apex, North Carolina
“Fantastic service - Great food for a "chain"”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We felt the food was very tasty. Excellent serves and good food recommendations from them. We tried the combo special that they were featuring that included appetizer, main course, and desert. What a great deal $ that was! The food was hot, served beautifully, and there was even some left over for a "to go box". We all enjoyed our meals. The staff was attentive and efficient. Will definitely go back again.

• Visited December 2012
“worth a try”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My family enjoys this Carrabba's and visits quite frequently. The service has always been outstanding and lots of attention given to the customers. The food tends to be pretty good. There have been an occasional not so great dish or not cooked long enough, but overall very good. They are also good at special requests and handling small children. A good choice restaurant for families with kids.