“Hoped for a much better experience but they came thru in the end!”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #21 of 142 Restaurants in Apex
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The first time my husband and I tried Carrabas was not a great experience and we felt it was mainly due to the fact that we went on a busy weekend night. So, we decided to give it another chance.

Our second experience was unfortunately worse. I ordered a pasta dish and received it with shrimp on top, which I do not eat. When the server set it down, I advised him that I did not order the dish with shrimp and he smiled and walked away so I didn't think he heard me. At the same time, my husband who ordered the Italian Trio, noticed that his chicken parm was totally burnt and hard as a rock. I caught our waitress and she quickly went to the manager who came over, apologized and told us the chef would now be "taking his time" with our order and we would have to wait a bit longer. I wondered what the chef was doing before this order, did he rush it? Apparently so. Okay, stuff happens, no big deal, they were going to fix it so we were prepared to wait.

The food came out again rather quickly and this time there was chicken in my pasta, which I again, did not order. I figured, the heck with it, I do eat chicken and by this time, did not want to make a big deal out of it. However, my husband's chicken parm once again came out burnt, not as bad as the first one, but still not great. We both decided to just eat what we could and cut our losses. The server came over with the grated cheese and as the snowy cascade of cheese was falling into my pasta dish, another server came over and said to me very abruptly "You have the wrong food, this is yours. You got someone else's and he got yours". Finally, he put down a dish of my original order but unfortunately, it looked as though the guy who got mine had already started on this dish. It just looked weird to me like someone had eaten some of it and mixed it up. You know how you just know? It was kind of all bunched up to the side of the plate and the vegetables were really mixed in there. My husband even shouted to the server who took my dish away "I hope the guy likes cheese!" Our waitress was very nice and none of this was her fault.

I decided to write a review directly to Carrabbas and let them know of our experience. I must tell you that within a few short days, I received a letter of apology from the manager of Carrabbas along with two Pranzo's (dinner vouchers of sorts - not gift cards) to return and give them another chance. I really thought this was very very impressive and did not really expect a response let alone a letter of apology directly from the manager with an offer to come back and have a meal on them. Wow!

I have to say way to go Carrabbas for trying to rectify the situation and we will definitely be back for another try. Hopefully this time things will go a little better. We noticed they have Carside Service which I think is a pretty cool option so we might opt for that instead of a dining-in experience.

3  Thank happy2review

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We felt the food was very tasty. Excellent serves and good food recommendations from them. We tried the combo special that they were featuring that included appetizer, main course, and desert. What a great deal $ that was! The food was hot, served beautifully, and there was even some left over for a "to go box". We all enjoyed our meals. The staff was attentive and efficient. Will definitely go back again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family enjoys this Carrabba's and visits quite frequently. The service has always been outstanding and lots of attention given to the customers. The food tends to be pretty good. There have been an occasional not so great dish or not cooked long enough, but overall very good. They are also good at special requests and handling small children. A good choice restaurant for families with kids.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Cary and Apex locations are always very tasty and usually very good service. We went a month or so ago on a Sunday and the service was bad but I believe it was a training night. Food is always freshly prepared and never lacking flavor! Good wine choices as well. Always love eating at Carrabas when I need a red sauce fix! Gotta have the Cavitapi for a side! Filet is awesome too if you are in the mood for a steak!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were regulars as some of their dishes were quite good. Portions are shrinking and the quality of the food and service is declining. Our salads came our dripping wet. We both ordered combos and the portions were tiny. My steak was unevenly cut. The thicker side was raw. Nobody came to check on us, including drinks, until we were almost done. I mentioned the steak and they offered to replace it, but as we were done, we did not want to wait. They said "they would take care of it.". They took a few dollars off the meal! Very tacky. When I wrote to the chain, the manager quickly apologized and offered us a gift card to make up for it. We're still waiting for it. We wrote to the manager asking about his offer. We're still waiting for his response. I can see mistakes happening, But if there if bad customer recovery, well, we'll just go elsewhere!

1  Thank Tom M