“Clean, convenient”
Review of Comfort Inn Apex

Comfort Inn Apex
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Apex
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years as it is conveniently located near family.
The hotel is clean, well maintained and the staff, especially Issac, is professional and friendly.

We always found the breakfast area to be clean and breakfast items are well presented and stocked.
In order to meet Comfort Inns new corporate standards, this hotel is undergoing some "up-grades" and changes.
That means the hotel will be an even better place to stay the next time we travel to Apex.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2kidvacation, General Manager at Comfort Inn Apex, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comments. We're happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope a future visit brings you our way again.

Comfort Inn, Apex
(919)387-4600

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Booked this room through booking.com which was great. Based on the reviews being ok we chose to save a few dollars. It ended up not being worth it! As others have said thE hoteL is in the procEss of being reno'd. But that's not really the probleM. Ended up changing from king to queens which had to be done through booking.com. They were very helpful and were able to change it at the last minute. Upon arrival at almost midnight, Issac, the front desk fellow, told me they did not have the change because booking.com did not "do their job". Ended up calling booking.com back and Issac admitted it was the hotels server that did not receive the email. Issac's attitude the whole time was like he was doing me a favor. When he gave me a room on the first floor I asked if that's all that was available. He responded, "Why?". I said because I preferr to not be on the first floor. His response was, "well there's stairs". O.k., so.....
(no elevator). When we got to the top of the stairs we were almost knocked out by the smell of smoking! Welcome to the south:(. Fortunately the room was redone and didn't smell. But we were so bummed out that we would have to walk through that hallway everyday that we rebooked at Holiday Inn Express and moved the next day! The next morning all the manager cared about was telling me how difficult it was to make a change when you booked through a third party:(. Oh well. I'm glad other people have had ok experiences.

Room Tip: Ask to go upstairs before you take a room up there. It really smelled gross and stale!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2kidvacation, General Manager at Comfort Inn Apex, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the inconvience you encountered with your reservations. Your reservation was the first reservation we received via Booking.com since we went live with their site. Upon further investigation into your reservation we found that due to the timing difference between Amsterdam(Booking.com's HQ) and us there is a considerable time difference. Hence, your changes did not come through on our end instantly. We have made changes so that future reservations from this site will be handled differently.

Once again I apologize and hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Upon our 8pm-ish arrival it was obvious that there were renovations taking place, as the lobby had four men laying tile. Our front desk employee offered us a first floor room near the lobby (and explained that the construction noise would likely continue to occur until about 10:30pm) or a second floor room (which we took instead). The stairwell and the first third of the upstairs hallway reeked of stale smoke, and I braced myself to enter a "we-call-this-non-smoking-but-we-really-cannot-get-the-smell-out" room. Nope. It was as fresh as could be, though a chill hit us from the air conditioner's 63 degree setting (that we promptly turned back to a more comfortable for us 72). My children promptly snuggled under the covers to get warm. Newly renovated (with a fairly quiet flush to the toilet, even!), the decor was very inviting and reminiscent of a hotel we would have paid far more for. We heard no construction noise whatsoever upstairs. I have two items of note that decreased the score of this hotel for us. The fridge had a loud rattle each time it came on that stirred the entire family all night, and there were not enough plugs in the room. Of the eight outlets in the room (four sets of double outlets) and two in the bathroom (one set of a double outlet), five were occupied by the fridge, the microwave, the alarm clock, the television, and the floor lamp. One in the bathroom was occupied by a night light. Two were behind furniture and very difficult to reach. None of these were near the provided table and chairs, presenting a problem for me when I went to connect to the internet by computer to get some work done. If you have a family that is plugged into their electronics and need to charge them, bring splitters or a power strip!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank local_yokel_NC
2kidvacation, General Manager at Comfort Inn Apex, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful review. We appreciate your feedback very much. I am happy to say that the outlets issue will be resolved when we place our new lamps in the rooms. They will have outlets on them to accomodate our guests needs. It is not easy for our guests or our staff when it comes to renovations and we want to apologize and say thank you for understanding. We hope to see you soon so you can experience all the new features we will be adding.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed here one night while seeing a concert at Koka Booth Ampitheatre nearby. The drive to and from was very easy and the facilities were nice. Everything was clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was sufficient. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2kidvacation, General Manager at Comfort Inn Apex, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Shay O,

Kind Regards,

Director Of Operations
Comfort Inn - Apex
919-387 4600

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a difficult review to make because the hotel in it self was quite average yet staying at it was terrible. My wife and I stayed two separate occasions for a few days and had the same experience each night. The front desk staff were pleasant and professional and the rooms were clean and that's about the only positive input I can offer. Sadly this hotel is use by construction workers, contractors and laborers each night that come in late and fill most of the rooms. Each night there were loud arguments & fights, the police were on property banging on doors, beer cans were strewn about the parking lot and the hall carpets were covered with mud from work boots. I know this isn't the fault of the hotel, yet it made for a very unpleasant stay. Additionally, a house keeper knocked on the door, didn't wait and walked into my room at 8:30 in the morning ( I was naked coming out of the shower). Although amusing, is was very unprofessional and most people would have been VERY upset by that.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eatsandsleeps
2kidvacation, Director Of Operations at Comfort Inn Apex, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Director Of Operations
Comfort Inn - Apex
919-387 4600

Reviewed November 6, 2012

just wanted to thank Rupal and her staff for there weekly wonderful service a truck driver there every tuesday from Atlanta they make my stay enjoyable while on my 10hr dot break before i start my route the next day thanks once again and keep up the good work

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I arrived late on August 31, 2012, when we arrived in our room, there was NO BEDSPREAD on the bed, just a light blue blanket, sheets and pillows. We did not think we needed to call the front desk about not having a bedspread on the bed after driving all day. The next day a few hours after we checked out, I received a phone call stating house keeping had reported that the bedspread was not in the room, I told "Veronica" that there was never one to begin with and she then asked me to look in my suitcase to see if I "accidentally" "packed the KING SIZE BEDSPREAD" Seriously??? I said ma'm there was never a bedspread and I have never stolen anything and did not take the bedspread! She said ok and hung up the phone. (I am not sure if she understood me, spoke very broken English) Three days later, I find $100.00 charged to my visa for the bedspread! My husband has called them and said Manager would call us, still no call! BEWARE!!! I will never stay in any Comfort Inn or any of there Choice Hotels, after being falsely accused of theft!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Seitz37801
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apex
Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh
Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area
Comfort Suites Regency Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
Quality Inn Fuquay Varina
Quality Inn Fuquay Varina
#2 of 2 in Fuquay-Varina

Been to Comfort Inn Apex? Share your experiences!