I would echo much of what has been said before and in some of the more recent reviews.
We are still at the resort - last week of the season.
As the previous reviewer has pointed out I'm yet to see a member of bar staff crack as mike or acknowledge me as a guest or person! No customer service at all!
The guys on reception are the most hopeful but hampered by not very good spoken English.
While the facilities, location and rooms of the hotel meet the Thomeons platinum status the food and the service don't!
The food is dreadful in variety and quality - dried up onion rings for breakfast anyone? Although oddly (!) now a Turkish Maritime conference has started today in the hotel the food has improved....
Danny the Thomson rep was obnoxious, full of himself, uninterested and inappropriate - I have made a formal complaint.
When I told him about the lack of options in the food and quality his response was:' I've eaten in the restaurant everyday for 3 months and I think it's fine so I can't see the issue'. Sorry, I thought I was the customer...when I told him that the guy selling boat trips on site approached my 10 and 11 year old sons and told them that, if they told me they wanted to go on a trip then I would have to book it Danny's response was : 'there's no point in me telling the hotel, they will think I'm lying and it's sour grapes because it's not a Thomson trip'. So no issue then in a strange man approaching my children trying to sell them things....
He also told new platinum status varies across the world as each country is different - surely Thomeon should have the same criteria for a platinum hotel wherever it is so customers have a bench mark to go by?
His parting shot was to tell me I obviously didn't know Turkey - I do, it's my 20th visit...
In the welcome meeting his language included comments about being drunk and proposing up the bar, bootie calls and calling people Bull s******s... In front of children.
So, excluding Thomsons, to sum up the hotel; great location, great facilities, excellent spa, good standard rooms that are large and in good condition, poor to bad food, indifferent to rude staff and ice cold swimming pools with a very nice private beach. Won't be returning though- think it would be a nightmare in high season.
To be fair Thomsons local manager and support line have been very understanding and supportive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Blanche Resort & SPA is located on 22.000 m² large area in the heart of Turgutreis which has a wonderful sunset and sweet tangerine smells. This natural friendly town is the second biggest inhabitant place of the area. With authentical atmosphere, one of the most famous and biggest bazaars is also situated every week in this small Aegean town. La Blanche Resort & SPA serve the unforgettable and memorable holiday with wave breaker and private Golden sand beach which belongs to the most popular and wonderful turquise coast of Aegean Sea. La Blanche Resort & SPA is only 50 Km away from Bodrum – Milas Airport.ROOMSLa Blanche Resort & SPA has a minimalist style of architecture, keeping the typical Bodrum culture particular to modern Turkey. La Blanche Resort & SPA has six different room types which are decorated in a modern and comfortable style to suit all different pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your La Blanche Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Blanche Resort And Spa
- La Blanche Hotel Turgutreis
- La Blanche Turgutreis