We got back from La Blanche on the 30/9/2011 after a fabulous family holiday. We are a family of five , three children aged 14,9 and 5.
Originally we had booked two rooms as we were five. However on arrival at the hotel we found out at reception we were in a family suite, room 7309. What an incredible room it was.! it was on the second floor and consisted of two huge interconnected rooms .We had two balconies overlooking the pool and the sea with Turgetreis Marina in the distance. Two superb bathrooms with brilliant showers, two mini-bars, massive sliding wardrobes. Cleaned perfectly every day. These were the best rooms we have ever had as a family by far. More than we had ever imagined.
Swimming pool was massive and just superb. Getting a good sunbed spot took a bit of effort! although there are lots of beds.
Beach area was really good, built around the hotels own 'harbour' area with the Italian/Beach bar on a pontoon in the middle. The sunsets from here are mind blowing, the best we have ever seen, every night. The magical stuff from which dreams are woven. Very safe to swim in and lots of water spots on hand. We tried the Hobie Cat to Cantel Island with a cool French Instructor for 25 Lira-a bargain.
Food was fantastic-all made fresh in the hotel , including the breads . Massive buffet style restaurant with themed evenings to keep it varied. They do a slow cooked lamb leg dish on the Turkish Themed night which is lambsational ! The desserts are amazing and about 1000 calories each. Be warned you will put on massive amounts of weight. Although its buffet style when you find a table you will be served your drinks. Try and get down early to get a table near the sea to catch those sunsets. After 8pm it gets busy quickly.
A La Carte Restaurants make a pleasant change from the main restaurant. The Italian was great and worth the small extra surcharge. The Turkish one was also superb-I watched the Sous Chef cook some of the food and he was brilliant. Some of the best Turkish Food I have had ever.!( we went twice).
Animations team were simply the best. They have worked all over Europe and it was a pleasure watching them . Very Professional. The host for the evening ampitheatre entertainment spoke 10 languages. What a talent-and very funny. The kids club girls were fantastic with my two daughters-they would leave us for two sessions some days and loved it all. Thank-you so much.
The staff at the hotel were possibly the best of all. Very well trained and very polite and many spoke several languages very well. Please learn some Turkish -they appreciate the effort .The bar staff even made cocktails for you . Try La Blanche Dream-stunning. Branded drinks were available and always served with a smile. Efes Beer is the best.
Cleaning the hotel was an army of people. One day at the reception area I seen them lift up the sofa's and clean underneath. The cleaning of glass went on all the time, you hardly ever seen a finger mark.
The boat trip from the hotel is great fun, one trip goes North , and one goes South. We loved them both . The boys running the trip were a great fun. Thanks toTitch and his friends near .the beach for booking us on board.
We could go on an on about this hotel .It really sets the standards for a top class all inclusive hotel which has it all and I think it is great value for money. We have never went back to the same hotel before but this may well be the first.
Many thanks to all the staff at the hotel from the management , through to the bar staff, the animations team, the cleaners.We cannot praise you all enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Blanche Resort & SPA is located on 22.000 m² large area in the heart of Turgutreis which has a wonderful sunset and sweet tangerine smells. This natural friendly town is the second biggest inhabitant place of the area. With authentical atmosphere, one of the most famous and biggest bazaars is also situated every week in this small Aegean town. La Blanche Resort & SPA serve the unforgettable and memorable holiday with wave breaker and private Golden sand beach which belongs to the most popular and wonderful turquise coast of Aegean Sea. La Blanche Resort & SPA is only 50 Km away from Bodrum – Milas Airport.ROOMSLa Blanche Resort & SPA has a minimalist style of architecture, keeping the typical Bodrum culture particular to modern Turkey. La Blanche Resort & SPA has six different room types which are decorated in a modern and comfortable style to suit all different pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Blanche Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Blanche Hotel Turgutreis
- La Blanche Resort And Spa
- La Blanche Turgutreis