“Clean Hotel.......But lots to learn!!!!!”
Review of Club Cherry Apart

Club Cherry Apart
Ranked #41 of 53 Hotels in Turgutreis
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at the Club Cherry Hotel for 9 nights and could not fault the cleanliness and the cleaners were lovely. The manager was totally arrogant and hadn't got a clue with any kind of customer liason. We were overcharged on every bill we received, we could not believe it, whether we were just unlucky I don't know!!!! Although we had a gr8 holiday, the owners have a lot to learn......music far too loud all day long, right up until about 7pm, could not chill at all, even though people put complaints in about it. The Turkish Bath at hotel was the best thing about the place, the full body massage was fab.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank margienmac4ever
There are newer reviews for Club Cherry Apart

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My daughter (18 years old) and I visited Club Cherry in June 2012 and loved it! We have been to Turgutreis before but not to Club Cherry and were at first a little concerned from reading other reviews on Trip Advisor. But the hotel has just been renovated and the rooms are very clean and modern. We had a ground floor room right next to the pool and it didn't matter that we had no balcony as such as there was a grass area right outside our room that felt like our own.
The bar staff were really nice and friendly (especially Joseph Ilyas! Good luck for your wedding!) along with the guys who were employed by the 'Galaxsea' Boat trip to sell the boat trip around the pool. You can see the boat in the harbour, definitely worth a trip! :)
We only went B+B and the breakfast was a buffet style and was ample, even going to get some yoghurt when I asked. Did have a look at the buffet dinner that was on offer if you were half board and it looked really nice, but we enjoyed walking into town so ate out each evening.
We both had a full massage package on the second day, which only cost £25 each and included Turkish Bath, Foam Ex-foliation, Face mask and Full body massage. It was amazing and very good value, will definitely be returning for another one! Thanks Serkan!
Only small issue that we would have is that they are quite strict when it comes to bringing your own food and drinks back to your room, giving you a letter saying it is 'forbidden' when you arrive. But that didn't really have an affect on our holiday and Club Cherry is a lovely hotel, with a really nice atmosphere and will definitely be returning!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel is a little Gem of a hotel tucked a little away from the nightlife of Turgutries which suited us perfectly.
On arrival (12pm) we were greeted shown our room and headed to the Bar for a quick drink.

As stated before the Hotel has had a major revamp from Apartments to a Hotel and has been updated to a very high standard. The update has created a bit of a backlash as when the property was self catering apartments they had alot of repeat guest based on the flexbility of a Self catering property and not a hotel. As we have never stayed here before this was not an issue to us.
I would say that this is a good 3 and a half star hotel. And value for money is a great bargain.

The standard rooms were compact but big enough with either a Double or Twin beds. The rooms were cleaned daily to a very high standard with towels changed regularly. The rooms are also very modern.. My only concern is that there is a lack of drawers in the room to store clothes but this is a very small concern to me. We had an issue on the first day that our Air Con was very loud and that there was a leeking shower. We reported this and this was dealt with by the time we got back to our rooms that night. We couldn't ask for better than that.We also had no balcony which was a bit of an issue to dry out towels so we asked for some chairs for this. They were put there again as soon as we asked...

The grounds are well maintained and you can see the hardwork that goes into the property. The big selling point at the hotel is the Pool. It very deep and you can not stand up in any part of it but it vast and you can swim around and dive in to cool down from the sun. I also loved the music by the pool a combination of English and Turkish Music.

The hotel is a good 10 to 15mins walk to the Beach or to Bar Street but we thought this was ideal to be staying outside of the main area as it was a really peaceful setting. Also the market on Saturday starts from Outside the hotel.
The breakfast as stated before is very basic but this seems to be a typical Turkish Breakfast.
The food served at the hotel at lunch was really good with lots of choice and at very resonable prices.
All the staff at the hotel really went out of their way to help and really helped us to relax and enjoy our stay..This is from the front desk throughout. I would especially like to thank Joseph, Okan and Yusef who were really professional and friendly.
I would just like to say that Turgutries is a really brilliant, friendly place and The Cherry Hotel helped make this a very special holiday...We may be back next year..

2  Thank mancsontour
Reviewed July 3, 2012

It has been refurbished and is now a lot nicer from what I have heard of the place first hand from previous guests in the last few years. Despite this, all travel agencies are still advertising 'Club Cherry Apartment' when it is now in fact 'Cherry Hotel'.

There are no self catering facilities what so ever. Not even a kettle! There is a small mini bar fridge which you could only store a few bottles of water if you took all of the contents out before hand. The manager tried to prevent me from even bringing in a bottle of water for my room! After telling him that he was being ridiculous and I was sold an apartment, he told me I should contact my travel agency and passed me the phone there and then (in quite a rude fashion) and that it was nothing to do with him. I feel a bit aggrieved by both the travel agency and the hotel manager. The quickness of his response suggested this was not the first time he has had to deal with the mis-selling of the hotel, yet he has not done anything to change this fact and phone them him self. I think they are more than happy with it being sold as an apartment to get more guests in. I carried on bringing in my own snacks and drinks to be consumed in the room only. I removed all the contents on the mini bar and placed them in bags next to it and was not charged. I was never stopped on future occasions as no one else cared apart from the manager who I simply avoided.

Despite this initial hiccup the rest of the holiday was great! All other staff were very friendly and interacted the guests. Good service and decent food. Prices varied from cheap to a bit pricey with mostly reasonable priced items. The rooms were brand new, very nice and cleaned daily. The whole place surrounds a a lovely garden area. Facilities included a pool table, table tennis, free air conditioning and a large swimming pool. There is also a spa there now which I never used.

All in all I enjoyed my stay despite the mis-selling and the initial hiccup as it can be over looked by the friendly staff (not manager), the cheapness and modern refurbishment. I have stayed in other hotels in Turgutreis such as Irme and Cemre and this one compares much better than these. As for Turgutreis itself I return every year as the weather is perfect, the price is cheap and the people are so friendly. I highly recommend it for every type of holiday goer (family, couple, elderly etc) if you want to chill or explore there is much to do and places to go with Bodrum, Gumbet and Gumusluk all near by also.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We arrived early in the morning There was me my boyfriend and my dad. We both had seperate rooms
. The rooms were both ground floor rooms. They were both of good size and really modern and fresh. they has stylish writing on the wall and a large picture. They also had a tv on the wall. The bathroom was nice with large walk in shower.

We were staying bed and breakfast. The breakfast was ok. I wasn't particularly struck on it. However my dad liked it and that is a usual turkish breakfast like in most hotels.

I was keen to see more of tugutries as we
Usually stay in gumbet. I was pleasantly surprised at Tugutries it was larger than expected with a beautiful marina. The bus stop is a short walk down the road we went to gumersluk , and bodrum.

In conclusion this hotel is perfect and for the price we paid it was fantastic. Clean modern and great location what more could you ask for. I would also recommend tugutries as it caters for everyone young and old, I'm 21 my dad is 65.

Come to this hotel if you want to experience turkey ! not sit in a five star resort all inclusive and not go out. Also don't expect 5 star food or service of you pay quarter of the price. As some people do.

One and only complaint is the dogs. There were 3 dogs that live at the hotel they seemed ok and were very tame and trained, but I am sometimes a little wary of dogs. If your bringing young children beware as I don't think you can ever
trust a dog.

Don't let this put you off as its a great place and say hi to Joseph as he do funny and great entertainer. Stay for the BBQ he dose fire eating and they also bring a snake it's a good night.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank sparklestar
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We have been to Club Cherry for the past 3 years, because its just what we wanted in the appartment.But to our horror this year , it has been changed to a hotel......not even a kettle in our room !!! We had booked an appt with balcony, but were shown a 2 bed room with ensuite.... We had to pay extra for the room we had booked. No outside food or drink is allowed...even got stopped & told to hide bottle of water. Staff, on the main are still friendly..but felt outside activities, ie local proms, on 3 of the nights, were more important than holiday paying guests!!At breakfast , which on occassions wasn't set up properly, tables not laid, hot drink facilities not ready....there was no fruit juice or any fruit, 2 basic commodities at breakfast. We were not even shown a menu for evening meals..obviously didn't want us to eat there. The refurb ,still under going, is to a high standard, but the owner obviously wannts a higher class of clientelle.....good luck to them !!!!!!

Reviewed December 31, 2011

The Club cherry Apartments are a great Place to stay Whilst In Turgutreis.
The rooms are simple but well suited for all ages and include a kitchenette ideal for self catering.
The apartments are cleaned dailly and to a good standard.
These apartments are Within easy reach of the resturants and bars in the resort centre as well as supermarkets .
The Local Turgutreis Market in on the doorstep of th Club Cherry Apartments.
Whilst in turgutreis The boat Trips are a must including Thomas Boatand the Sea Breeze Boat
The restaurants To visit on your stay are the Wetherspoons (THE KINGS TABLE)and Apo will give you a warm welcome and they do serve great food and say Ali sent you.

The other great Bar/ Restauant to visit is the Tropic Bar it next to the market helen and her husband will make you feel at home and they hold a quiz night once a week which is not to be missed.
I am a regular Visiter to turgutreis since 2001 and keep returning twice each year
This Holiday was a do it yourself holiday .
Flights were booked via www.Flythomascook.com and the hotel by www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family