“Basic but clean and good location”
Review of Aydem Hotel

Aydem Hotel
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Turgutreis
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Basic but clean and good location”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our first trip to turkey and have just returned from a week at the Aydem. Paid £540 for two of us for a week, including luggage and transfers, bed and breakfast. The rooms are basic but clean, whatever anyone else says. Small balcony with two chairs, but not out for a party on it, so adequate to sit and gaze at the beautiful view. Only been self catering before, so first time having bed and breakfast. The turkish breakfast is basic, but plentiful, you could go up as often as you liked. Yes I would have preferred to have been able to make a cuppa in the morning, but knew from other reviews that you weren't meant to so not a problem. The hotel is very small, and basic, but the views you get are exactly the same as the people staying at the five star down the promenade. In fact, their beach was far more crowded, and some only had a jetty to lie on!! It depends on what you want from a holiday. We like somewhere clean to sleep and shower, it is more about going out and seeing the place you are staying than just sitting around a pool. The walk to town is about 20 minutes, but pleasant. There are several nice bars and restaurants in town, and plenty of shops/market to walk about. You can get the dolmus from town to Bodrum and surrounding villages, or you could hire a car. We went 24th September for a week, and it is end of season, but there were still plenty of places open. I would recommend a boat trip, very relaxing and good value.

For a relaxing week away with everything on your door step, I would recommend the Aydem.

If we went again, we would look for self catering accommodation, as there were many supermarkets with an excellent variety of foods. We can also make a nice cup of PG in the morning!! But still eat out at the excellent restaurants in town: Uncles, Cool Breeze and La Villa Mona Lisa in particular.

Room Tip: Room 201 at the front with sea view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just returned back from the hotel aydem,this is a small cosy hotel,very clean and comfortable.
Staff absolutely brilliant,must say THANKYOU to Yusef the chef for the lovely food he cooked.
And the cleaners nothing was to much trouble.every day you were welcomed with a smile.
And a special thanks to Zehra the manager for her kindness in arranging transport to turgutries
Town, on one occasion took me herself.! I booked on a b/b basis and found there was a good
Choice of food for the money I paid.air conditioning was £3 a day and after a hot day in the sun
The room got REALY cool. Met some lovely people who've returned to this hotel on several
Occasions and I will joining them in the near future. And a final THANKYOU to Zehra's husband
For taking me the airport for my journey home.All in All a very friendly hotel and have already
Recommended the aydem to my friends. Hope to be back next year.
Forgot to mention the rooftop were my room was,
the views were stunning. Take care all see you soon MARGARET

Room Tip: Roof top has stunning views but not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
2 Thank Jackson2k25
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked this hotel with flights luggage breakfast and transfers for £600 for two people, which i thought was really cheap. Hotel is very basic not even a kettle in your room and your not allowed to bring your own which i thought was stupid. Staff really nice although main bar man was a little ignorant, you could sit there waiting to be served another drink and mention it loudly and he was too busy playing a game on his phone to serve you, he also threw a bucket of ice cubes at the stray dogs that were around (which were not a bother and most of the guests loved to pet) which annoyed a few guests. Other staff were really nice though, especially a young guy who couldn't do enough to help you called Oz.
Rooms clean ish, shower grubby and bathroom tiny, clean towels most days although a few had holes in them, bed sheets i don't believe were changed once in a weeks stay. Bed was without a doubt the most comfy bed iv ever slept in, but furniture and room dated and like somethin my parents would have had 40 years ago. Balcony would only fit one person at a time but we did have a nice view and the twenty minute walk into the main town area wasn't bad as its along the sea front which is really pretty.
Location was lovely private beach was nice free sun beds cushions and shade, pool looked clean and we went out of season so plenty of beds.
Breakfast poor, unless you like bread cheese Olives and funny looking ham every day. We walked into town some days to eat as not a sausage or bit of bacon in sight.
All in all i would probably choose to spend a bit more and stay elsewhere in future, didn't want to leave a bad review because i had a lovely holiday and staff are nice mostly, but i wouldn't go to that hotel again unfortunately.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank loullalopresti
Withernsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Checked the reviews before we went and was a bit dissapointed.
Location is good in a quiet part of Turgetries but was a 25 min walk to town for restaurants etc. We knew this before going but imagined that there would be little cafes, bars nearby, there aren't.
A small private beach shared with a next door hotel is good, usuallly enough sunbeds etc but AI from next door hotel do sometimes monopolise them, pool is OK , clean with enough beds and parasols etc.
Rooms were adequate but a bit small and dark, balconies were fairly useless Juliet type.
Beds were good (a double and a single) and sheets towels etc were changed often and weren't full of holes etc.
The bathroom was the biggest let down.
Small, dark and very grubby. The grouting in the tiles was really tired and stained.
The area around the taps on the sink was dirty when we got the room and was dirtier still when we checked out, that bit wasn't cleaned at all
Hot water was usually available but did tend to run out if lots were showering at the same time.
Breakfast was good, usual items but a good variety, eggs, cereals, toms, cucumber, olives, meats yoghurt honey etc.
The people who were on half board seemed satisfied with the evening menu but we only ate there one evening off the a la carte menu and weren't impressed,
The staff in general were really pleasant and friendly, as were the owners.
The hotel has a no food/ drinks from outside rule (which I understand) but also has a ban on using a travel kettle to make your own early morning coffee etc which I thought was bit petty.
All things considered it was good value for what we paid, but I have had better rooms for the same price.Most guests seemed to have the same view although some were really satisfied and are return visitors, no one seemed to be completely unhappy with the standards
People who we spoke to from the other budget hotels comparable to the Aydem seemed to have more complaints than we did, especially the Sky and Sea
I doubt that we would return unles the cleaning was improved and the ban on kettles removed.
Air conditioning was £3 per day and so was the safe deposit (in the wardrobe).
We were allowed to keep the room on for a late departure for £10 but when we paid this to the receptionist we were told we had an outsanding bar bill of 10 lira (no we didn't) and I was aware that this had happened to at least one other guest earlier, when queried the charge was dropped.
Noise from the bar at nights was not a problem as the barman turned the music down around 11.00 ish
I understand there are plans for next year , so perhaps an improvement

Room Tip: I was told the rooftop ones were better rooms
1 Thank del949
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

we had a lovely weeks break at the Aydem hotel,(1/9/13 -8/9/13) it was our first visit to Turkey and we were very impressed with the resort of Turgutries and the friendliness of the people. We found the Aydem was ideally situated, quiet, yet near enough to the town, the walk into town was very pleasant. Zehra was lovely,friendly,helpful,a lovely lady and her team were hard working,friendly and helpful,nothing was too much trouble. our room was clean and tidy and we had clean linen and towels and bin emptied daily. Breakfast was great with plenty of choices, there was something to suit everyone. The pool and surrounding areas were kept clean and tidy. The other guests were friendly, many had been returning for many years. We would love to go back to the Aydem and hopefully will be back next year. . Must also mention the nice little beach and the huge comfy cushions for the sunbeds. The sunsets are beautiful, you can go up on the roof to watch the sun setting.All in all a great relaxing holiday.

2 Thank grahamanddiane-2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just got back from Aydem
Nice base to stay in with no frills but as others have said, staff were very good. Great location, far enough from town to be quiet but close enough to walk. Has it's own little bit of nice beach but people from other hotels used it a bit & weren't moved.

1 Thank luqman b
UK
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My standards must be very different to the majority of other people who have stayed here. Yes it was clean but beauty's only skin deep......under my bed was disgusting. Dust, old used cotton buds & my brother & his wife had someone else's old flip flops under their bed. I have got photographic evidence to back up what I'm saying which I'll upload later. My room was at the front. I had one small window which looked on to what could only be described as "Beirut"
The bathrooms were atrocious, old & grubby with dirty cracked tiles & a shower head that was so full of lime scale you had to hold it at a right angle just to get wet. The tap on the sink was filthy with grime & the toilet covered in ? stains (photos to follow).
The breakfasts were Turkish orientated (fair enough, when in Turkey....) but nothing was labelled to state what you were actually eating - even Turkish guests complained about this so what does that tell you? The later it got to 10am the more undrinkable the tea & coffee was.....by 9.30 the coffee resembled mud. We walked down to breakfast elsewhere after a few days - it was worth paying extra for!
The pool was small but nice but the sunbeds had that much of other peoples old sweat stains on them you could clearly make out the rings. The so call "private beach" resembled builders sand & again the cushions were nothing you'd want to put your bare skin against.
We found the owner very abrupt & rude, especially if you didn't constantly eat in the hotel (& I use that term very loosely)
I paid £700 for 10 nights B&B here, I think that's a substantial amount of money for such shoddy service, others don't. Other's think that because this is a 2 star hotel, you get what you pay for. we only booked this hotel after reading the good reviews.........as I said earlier, my standards & opinions of clean & helpful must vary greatly from others.
We felt sorry for the bar staff, you could tell they were over worked & shown little respect by the owners. Perhaps if she got up from playing backgammon with all her Turkish friends each night & helped out a bit more others wouldn't be complaining about them. We personally had no issues with them. They were always friendly towards us, helpful & good fun.
This is my 3rd time in Turkey & while this experience hasn't put me off its one area I won't be returning to.

pool was nice but whe

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank lellric

Travelers are raving about these Turgutreis hotels