“Fantastic hotel”

Veltur Turiya Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 16 Turgutreis B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here at the end of June 2012 and had a fantastic week. Turiya was just what we were looking for and would definitely recommend it. The location was great because it was right on the sea but a 5 min walk from the town so it was quiet.

The rooms were of a high standard and spotlessly clean. Our room didn't have a bath but it's not something we wanted. The spa looked good but we didn't use it as we spent our time by the pool which was lovely, or on the jetty that belonged to the hotel.

All the staff were very helpful but particularly the managers as their English was better. We had breakfast at the hotel everyday which was delicious and dinner was some of the best food we had in Turgutreis and reasonably priced.

We would definitely go back and I can't recommend it enough.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Turiya for four days in mid June, and I really can't think of anything else to add to the postitive comments previousy made. Very relaxing, excellent customer service and very friendly and accomodating staff. A big thanks to Ali for making our stay so enjoyable. We loved the Turkish breakfast and it was good to have something that wasn't a 'full English.'

Don't hesitate to book this hotel. We stayed at the Yasmin Bodrum just up the coast three years ago which was very good, but we felt the Turiya knocked spots off of it.

Room Tip: All rooms are sea view, but if you can stretch your budget book one of the suites.
1  Thank sootycat31
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My partner and I had a fantastic week at the Turiya Hotel and Spa in mid June.

The location is perfect within Turgutreis – a pleasant five minute walk along the promenade to the shops, bars and restaurants. The Turiya end of the promenade was just far away enough from the centre of the resort to be pretty quiet and peaceful most of the time. The hotel was very quiet whilst we were there, it clearly wasn’t at full capacity, but as there are only 22 rooms I can’t imagine that it ever feels very busy. There is a choice of the pool or jetty for sunbathing. We preferred the pool and most days had it virtually all to ourselves; the most people around the pool at one time during the week was about 6. Bliss! Drinks and food are served around the pool and on the jetty, and towels are provided. The pool was usually around 30 or 31 degrees - perfect for swimming (however the pool is quite deep right across with no shallow end to speak of).

The hotel itself is lovely; contemporary decoration and fixtures with really attractive modern bedrooms and bathrooms (window separating bathroom from bedroom, with blind for privacy). Bed was very comfortable with good quality linen. Everywhere was kept very clean; the pool, restaurant and outdoor areas were always spotless. All bedrooms have a stunning sea-view. It was definitely the nicest hotel we saw in the area.

We were on a bed and breakfast basis. The buffet breakfast was always beautifully presented with cereals, breads, cheeses, salad, fresh fruit and a couple of warm options (usually small sausages and scrambled eggs) and is served until 11am so no rush to get up early. We had an evening meal in the restaurant one evening on the patio overlooking the sea. The food was good (although we did have other meals just as good at various restaurants in town); the only complaint was that we were somewhat rushed through our courses and the starter was taken away before we’d finished! (I think this was through eagerness to provide good customer service, rather than ignorance of good customer service!). There’s a snack menu available during the day with various light meals.

The staff all strive to provide great customer service and are very friendly (especially Ali!). Not all staff speak a lot of English (which is fine, not a complaint) so you sometimes have to be creative in making yourself understood using hand gestures and mimes etc (i.e. we wanted to order a white wine spritzer from the bar which they didn’t know of but we got there in the end and by the end of the week we ordered it with no problem). Our flight home wasn't until evening so we asked to keep our room until 6pm, although check-out is lunchtime and this was no problem with no extra charge.

We arrived late on Saturday night and were given room 203 on the first floor by the lift which had a shower but no bath. Whilst all rooms have a great sea-view, this one was above the restaurant so had the flat-roof in front of it – whilst this didn’t obscure the view, we felt it wasn’t quite as pleasant as those on the pool side of the hotel so on our first morning I enquired at reception whether we could move to a room with a bath – I was shown room 207 on the first floor overlooking the pool which had a bath and we felt was slightly more spacious and a better view without the flat-roof, so were moved after breakfast with absolutely no fuss or hassle and were very happy with our room for the week.

It was my first time in Turkey, and first time in Turgutreis for both of us and we’re really glad we chose the resort. There are numerous restaurants to choose from and a few lively-ish bars but it didn’t feel too English orientated (although you can get a full English breakfast at several restaurants if that floats your boat) and suited us perfectly as we wanted somewhere with a good choice of places to eat, drink etc whilst avoiding loud tacky nightclubs etc. All of the restaurants we visited were great value for money with good food, especially ‘Lapikant’ where we had a table on the beach with exceptional food. The beaches are OK, not the best I’ve seen but not the worst either.

The only two downsides we found were that we encountered the ‘hard-sell’ of restaurants and shops quite a lot and it was sometimes hard to get away when someone stopped us to ‘chat’ (people were very friendly but it was usually heading towards trying to get you to eat, or buy something or take a boat-trip). I don’t suppose this is any different to a lot of other holiday resorts but did lead to us coining the phrase ‘There’s no such thing as a free Good Morning’! The other thing was that there are quite a lot of stray dogs around Turgetries – whilst they didn’t bother us at all, it’s a little upsetting if you’re an animal lover (although a local did tell me that they are looked after by the local council or equivalent for medical care etc).

The only tiny negatives we found at the Turiya were that when we used things in the room (shower gel, bathrobe, toilet rolls etc) these were not always replaced without asking, the glass between the bathroom and bedroom could do with a good clean, and one of our bathrobes was taken away mid-week and not replaced, and on one occasion we had a guy coming round the pool trying to sell us boat-trips but I’m sure if we’d mentioned it to the management they would have dealt with it. The negatives are very very minor and in in absolutely no way detracted from us having a brilliant stay. If we ever decide to return to Turgutreis I’m sure we would choose this hotel again. First class!

Room Tip: All good but the ones overlooking the restaurant have the flat-roof in front. The ones overlooking...
1  Thank PLT1977
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here for two nights only on business, most of my colleagues were staying at La Blanche next door so I spent time at both. The Turiya was an oasis of calm, wonderful views from every room, the bar, the pool, the deck all looked over the sea and out towards islands. The pool was perfect, 31 degrees, deep enough and long enough for a swim. The service was good, generally very helpful, free Wifi was useful for me and they had no problems with a late check out. Rooms are nice and modern with balcony and good facilities, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was a bit limited in choice and I didn't eat any other meal there so can't judge the food. Down the road is a great Turkish restaurant where you sit on cushions on an elevated deck with straw roof and look over the sea. A great business lunch with a difference! La Blanche seemed like a great resort but given the choice I would now pick Turiya as it's not so noisy and of course there are a lot less people - I'm sure the two don't really compete for the same customers but as I saw both it was an interesting comparison.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JasLilin
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 9 nights at the beginning of June on a bed and breakfast basis. The hotel is excellent and how nice to find everything functioning perfectly in the room! I certainly found the bed comfortable. No complaints regarding the cleaning of the room. The Turkish breakfast seemed a shame to eat. Beautifully presented on a wooden platter. Of course the sea views are to die for.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rup
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Without doubt the best hotel we have ever stayed in to date - and we've travelled all over the world.

We love Turgutreis anyway..but the hotel is in a fabulous location - about 5 or 6 minutes walk to the centre of town - gorgeous hotel/facilities and wonderful friendly staff who were great fun. In fact they helped make our holiday more than that...it was a great holiday to remember. We laughed so much with all of the staff.

We stayed bed and breakfast but the food was outstanding and several times we ate there at lunch and had an evening meal too. Food to die for. I have never seen breakfast like it!

The hotel is obviously more expensive than others in the area - but then so it should be as it is really first class - it is worth every penny. If you want an upmarket, relaxing holiday...we can't recommend enough. In fact - for the first time ever we can honestly say there is nothing we could fault! We can't wait until next year because we will certainly be returning!

Oh...and one more thing. The beds and pillows - our one nightmare when going abroad...will be be able to sleep? No worries at Turiya... extraordinarily comfortable mattresses and pillows... we dropped into bed with a sigh each night!

Room Tip: doesn't matter what room you stay in...all of them have beautiful see views and are excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RebelRaiser
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I take great pleasure in writing this review;
This hotel has it all. Friendly and professional service. Comfortable beds and quality linens, modern amenities including but not limited to spectacular spa facilities. Indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Beach with crystal clear water. Great restaurant and bar. You will not be dissapointed. I recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Sianji Wellbeing Resort
#26 of 53 in Turgutreis
Kefaluka Resort
Kefaluka Resort
#4 of 14 in Akyarlar

Been to Veltur Turiya Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!