“Really impressed”

Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Turgutreis
Rossendale
“Really impressed”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We visited this hotel last October and I meant to post a review but forgot. It is a place we could happily return to so I feel it's not to late to give feedback.
The hotel is in a beautiful spot with lovely views all the way across to Kos and in October the temperature is perfect. We were in a Sunset suite which was excellent, even better than I had hoped for. A large bedroon and separate sitting area and the biggest bathroom I've seen for some time - everything in there was quality.
As this was our first all inclusive we were a bit apprehensive about the food but we were very pleasantly surprised. The salad bar was outstanding with a huge selection which did vary daily. Hot food was good but not exceptional although the snacks by the pool or on room service were good. I was also surprised by the quality of the alcoholic drinks, i assumed only local spirits but that was not the case and cocktails were always available. The local beer was really nice too. Only one negative on the drink - the wine was just OK and the selection that was available at an extra cost wasn't worth the expense.
Plenty of space around the pools and they had the most amazing sun loungers which all had their own adjustable canopy - it's not easy to get my husband by the pool as he burns easily but it worked this time!
We loved the fact that the hotel wasn't too big and too noisy as we try to find smaller hotels.
Not something we would normally do but a second visit here will definitely be an option.

6 Thank magstoto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
warwickshire
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The xanadu island really is a beautifull spotless hotel.

Rooms; the rooms are tastefully decorated and very modern. They are extremely clean and are cleeaned reguarly every morning, our maid was amazing and we never had had service like it at a hotel she wouldnt just change the sheets but she would clean and tidy the entire room top to bottom, she was always smiling and extremely pleasent lady. We appreiciated this extremely. Our bed was large and very comfortable with a large flat screen television, a beautifull large bathroom with a large built in bath and seperate shower, plently of space for clothes etc. All in all outstanding!

Entertainment; we went to this hotel at the end of october last year and because of the time of the year, closing season there wasnt many people around. One night we went to a kareoke and the entertainers really went out of the way to make it fun and we had an amazing night.

I would reccommed this hotel to a couple who really just want to relax and isolate themselves from the world it really is like a slice of your own paradise.

Highlights; decks over the sea where you could sunbathe, 24 hour inclusive facilities such as refridgeradters everywhere so you would never go hungry or thirsty very much worth the money! service, the staff were very helpfull and polite allthough slight language barrier.

improvements; more to do, meaning activities etc, this hotel is very much seculded.

7 Thank chloe j
Wales
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Nice luxury 5 star resort with private shingle beach. Went right at the end of their season as things were winding down for the year. Food excellent quality and service good. Rooms large, clean and luxurious. Had a sea view. Worth a visit for an escape from it all holiday. A week was enough.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea view room. Wifi is at an additional cost sadly
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Onwhitehorses
HARROGATE
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a wonderful holiday at Xanadu Island. We had a courtyard suite, which had an enormous bath and shower room along with a very large bed. Cleanliness was second to none! There was a very large choice of food and the waiters were very attentive serving wine and water at the table. We went at the end of the season and there was only one evening's entertainment (which was excellent! and my 13 year old son even played guitar on one song, which made his holiday!). There is enough, however, to entertain from the football pitch, luxurious pools and jacuzzi, ten pin bowling, table tennis, free pinball, and pool or just relaxing with a cocktail (all branded spirits). This hotel has definitely set the benchmark for future holidays. If you are looking for high class 5 star luxury and to be treated like kings, then Xanadu Island is definitely for you! We would go back at any time (thank you Thomas Cook for upgrading us to this hotel).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
17 Thank HarrogateBeachbabe
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We spent a week there in October. Enjoyed every minute. Received an upgrade on arrival. No problems with this Hotel at all. The Hotel was only half full, but I would imagine the quality of the Hotel would not alter if it was full . The staff, food, service and cleanliness were excellent.
We would definately return to this Hotel

Regards Alan & Jean

6 Thank jeanandalan
London
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went to this holiday destination with my girlfriend in July 2012, we booked it via Thomas Cook. We had a private transfer from the airport that we really appreciated. The hotel was lovely, great room and an upgrade on arrival with a glass of prosecco. There is not a real need to leave the complex if you are only there for a week but we did go to experience the local market, I would advise this although there is a lot of tat there.
The food was of good quality, it did get a bit monotonous. We did go to the a la carte one night that was well worth it.
The bar was well stocked and although they said it had all the labels, it didn't quite have what was expected.
The room was beautiful, the room was vast with a huge bedroom, living area and a bathroom that had a huge shower.
I enjoyed it all except the amount of children that were there. Every night sitting through dinner you could hear barbie girl being played virtually on repeat, the reason I chose this hotel was because a majority of reviews said that there was nothing for children to do so I thought that it was likely it would almost be adult free. All in all a good holiday that we both enjoyed, would not go back until I have some children of my own though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bobo60London
somerset
Reviewed October 26, 2012

my wife and I stayed at this hotel in October 2012. it was a last minute holiday that we booked through Thomas Cook. we arrived at 3 am in the morning and we were still dealt with promptly and efficiently I don't know why it happened maybe it was because it was towards the end of the season but we got an upgrade on our room from a standard courtyard room to a suite. the room was really good with a huge bed and a well appointed bathroom and living area. the rooms were very clean and there was unlimited free use of the mini bar.
we had a good opportunity to check out the hotel the next day and my wife and were very pleased with it. it is in such a great spot right out on a headland that gives great views over the bay and out to sea. the resort has really good facilities. a disco,ten pin bowling a games room and a small playroom for children
the pools are really good too with the main pool being a large infinity one. there are plenty of sun loungers and the places to lounge are various. for the more adventurous there are small decked areas down by the cliffs which have loungers there as well as large fridges where you can help yourself to beer,water or soft drinks. there is also a large area of man made beach overlooking the bay with a hundred plus loungers if you prefer to top up your tan away from the pool.
the food here was very good there are lots of choices at all times of the day and I particularly enjoyed the charcoal BBQ area at evening meal times. please be aware that there is a dress code in the main restaurant , shorts polo shirts are allowed in the morning and afternoon but it is expected that long trousers and a shirt are worn for evening dinner.
if you get the chance book the Italian restaurant for a special meal the food was very good and it is a nice intimate setting. there is a seafood restaurant on site as well which does cost extra
the roof terrace bar is also another fab location and is a great place to have your evening drinks while watching the sun go down
I have marked the hotel down on service for one reason only. at the time that my wife and I went it was at the end of the season the hotel was winding down and it appeared that they had already let some of the staff go. this did cause some inefficiencies. on one occasion our mini bar was not restocked and the coffee cups had not been cleared from the our room. this is only a very minor point and I had to mark the hotel down on that or else it would have scored top marks across the board !!!
I have also made an amendment to the score on rooms as I can't find anywhere else to place it. the suite that we had was fantastic my only gripe is that there is no Wi-Fi in the rooms.Wi-Fi is available in the communal areas,which you have to purchase a security card for but it is not available in your room. I the age of wireless devices and smart phones it shouldn't be difficult to add a Wi-Fi extender to a guests room if they have purchased Wi-Fi for the duration of their stay. I wanted to FaceTime with my children while I was away,and i had to do it in the bar area where I could get a signal. this wasn't very convenient or private!
on the whole though a fabulous hotel, very clean, great staff , good food and drink and a hotel that I would recommend for a relaxing break

Room Tip: if you feel a bit cheeky ask if there any free upgrades to a sunset suite these are very good rooms
6 Thank SomersetSwabs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Sianji Wellbeing Resort
La Blanche Resort & Spa
La Blanche Resort & Spa
#2 of 55 in Turgutreis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,662 reviews

Been to Xanadu Island Hotel? Share your experiences!