my husband and i recently returned from this hotel and can honestly say we won't return. having seen this reported as a 4 star we had high expectations. we have some good and bad points regarding our holiday, we stayed in the main hotel in a twin bedded room with a french balcony.
* nicely decorated although the pictures show them looking a lot better
* beds very very hard
* mini bar, ??? fridge with 1 small bottle water each in on your arrival
* shower mouldy and wall around toilet dirty, mouldy and paint peeling
the maid service we found very good, towels changed every day.
* usual buffet restaurant food, but i don't know what the chefs do. . . there was a lot of prepared food, frozen food and not a lot fresh - apart from salad and fruit.
*always had to ask a "waiter" for cutlery, unless you were the first ones seated. no waiter service at all, they just cleared plates away.
*turkish night they had a chicken doner, but not cooked properly and i was given raw/half cooked chicken. no apology given as they don't speak much english. i was more concerned about the other guests who might have eaten it.
* towards the end of our stay they started to run out of foods, butter, cereals this may seem petty to some but when you have saved hard for a 4* hotel you expect the same service that they should be delivering all season.
* a la carte - what a joke, the original restaurant was on the 4th floor overlooking the bay as described in some brochures. its now on top of the buffet rest, open air terrace, no menu, set meal and starter already on table ready. you even have to buy your drinks- strange for All inc
*no bottled water available(unless you want to pay for it)
*i had read previous reviews about the great animation team. i think they must have all left by the time we were there. nothing but music played during day and only every other evening was there an act on, for approx 45 mins !!!
what a let down. . . . .
the only saving grace was the lovely turkish bath we had in the hotel sold to us by Atty the hotel spa/trips promoter, who spoke good english too. We had a 2 hour bath,facial and massage which was well worth the money. He also organised a boat trip which was a brilliant day out.
the beach was a couple mins walk, apparently you can ask for the hotel golf buggy to take you, but it was broken...... we heard this a lot during our stay whether it was the coffee machine, the lift, the coffee machine again... the air rifle for the day time activity...
overall the hotel was average, the best part of any holiday is the people you meet and thankfully we met lots. . so thanks to them we had a great holiday, no thanks to the mio bianco and any of their staff. perhaps the manager should get out of the hotelier business as its all about customer service, and this is missing here.
i believe it dosent matter what time you book, how much it cost, late booking or not, you should all get the same service. we seemed to have drawn the short straw with this hotel
- Also Known As:
- Mio Bianco Hotel Turgutreis