“Best holiday ever!!!!”

Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Turgutreis
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best holiday ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Ooh my god! Where to start with this place!

Well the transfer from the airport to Mio Bianco is quite long but it is worth it. We, as with most British people, arrived in the middle of the night and check in was quick and painless.

The room was lovely. Plenty big enough for the 2 of us. Decor was modern. All the amenities needed e.g Flatscreen, free safe and plenty of wardrobe space. Shower was really powerful and there was always plenty of hot water. Rooms were cleaned daily.

Outside there was a pool with an island in the middle, a smaller pool to the back of the property with slides, a large paved area next to the bar where there were nice comfy sofas and the restaurant where all meals were served. The pool was big enough for the amount of people there when we were there however when the hotel is full i can imagine it being a bit small for everyone. Everywhere was clean and tidy.

The food was good. Breakfast was probably the weakest in terms of quality. I didn't find there was much choice unless you like the whole continental breakfast. I don't really like bacon and we have been to Turkey before and know they don't eat pork so it wasn't a lack of meat that made the breakfast a bit boring. Just wasn't much choice. Lunch and dinner on the other hand where great. The food was always tasty and no one we spoke to said they had had issues with the lunch or dinner. Puddings were to die for. I miss them!!! Drinks were also good. There was juice of every variety (the cherry juice is amazing) and coffee available along with all your normal fizzy drinks. The machines for the coffee did also state you could get a hot chocolate however it never worked. We told the bar staff about it and they did try for about 10 mins to get it to work but alas it did not. Alcoholic drinks were good. Lots of alcohol as is expected. Only thing I would suggest is rum and whiskey added to the all inclusive drinks available as I do like rum and coke!

Now down to the staff and the animation team!!! There were always plenty of staff walking around, clearing plates and glasses. Some of them can't speak very good English and therefore sometimes I felt a bit uncomfortable asking them questions but they all try hard and are all polite. They will pick more English up as they go along! The animation team whilst we were there consisted of Romeo (Metin) and Kitty (Jasneet). There were getting 3 more people the week we left due to the increase in guests. They are brilliant and lovely people. They speak very good English and have been doing the whole hotel animation team thing for years throughout Turkey and therefore know exactly what they are doing. They did games such as darts and air riffle shooting in the day along with a few pool games and then did some sort of evening entertainment such as quizzes or fun competitions. There was a Turkish night whilst we were there and they had traditional Turkish dancers and a belly dancer who got every involved and we all had a good dance and a laugh.

For those who want it, the animation team sort out nights out into Gumbet for those who like to party. I highly recommend this. The clubs are awesome and play really good music and drinks are cheap and the atmosphere is just really good. They organise a mini bus, who takes everyone from the hotel to the clubs and then picks you up from basically right outside the clubs again a few hours later.

We made so may friends whilst there with the staff and other guests alike. We are keeping in touch with Metin and Jasneet and hope to pop over to Istanbul to see them over the new year. Another awesome guy is Goran. He works in the spa but he is always wondering around talking to people so how much work he actually does, I do not know!!! Lol but he is really funny and speaks really good English so any questions you have, you can ask him or kitty and Romeo.

The only thing I would change about this hotel is the reception staff. They don't speak very good English and don't seem very approachable due to this. We had a bit of an issue with the room. We went and asked about keeping the room on for a late check out, the night before we were due to leave and were told it would be fine and we just need to pop down the morning we leave and they will sort it out. So we pop down the morning we are due to leave and they then say we can't have the late check out as they need the room due to the new arrivals!!! so we went for breakfast and hung around the pool and played darts and then went back to the room at 11.30 (check out was 12) to pack the rest of our stuff and the door card didn't work so we went to the reception and she said it has been cancelled as we were checking out. We said not till 12 so she sorted the card out and we went back up but the card still did not work so my husband had to go back down again and get it changed. They need better English and more to be better organised. Lots of people in the resort at the time had the same issue with being promised the late check out and then it not being agreed on the day of leaving.

However don't let this little thing get in the way of booking a holiday at this place. We had already booked a holiday for October but if we had not done so, we would be returning to this hotel without any hesitation. The day we had to leave I felt like crying!! And that is the first time I haven't wanted to go home. We had an amazing time. Sooo many fun memories of this place and all the staff. This is a hidden gem of a hotel!

Bye bye, ciao ciao, Mio Bianco x x

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PrincessTania

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yatton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed a week at this resort, Their were 3 generations myself my sons in their 20s and my retired parents,My parents had stayed here before and had enjoyed it so much they returned with the rest of us. Though I agree it is a long transfer it is well worth it. The staff dont speak fantastic English but are willing to learn and are very patient to understand what is needed, and with new phone apps there is always someone with an electronic translator. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated but if there is a problem they are quick to rectify and all are really helpful. The gym serves its purpose though I ran the beach in the early morning which was lovely. The beach is small but there is a pontoon that serves its purpose but is receiving a much needed update. The food is local so dont expect a full English but there is alot of verity and alot of salad. All food is labeled with English translation but sometimes the electronic translator lets them down so can be quite amusing. The Turkish night on a Friday is good fun and appealed to all ages, The Animation team had to work hard with a full hotel and only the 2 of them but befriended everyone ( the team is due to increase this week). The free bar stops at 11pm but Katty and Romeo organize a coach to the nightclubs and though I didnt go myself my sons had a fantastic time out in the town, I stayed in the hotel and still had a good time you can last out your free drinks and at 11.30 the hotel provide a cauldron of homemade "night soup" and bread before bed. You have to remember you are in a very different culture and except it for what it is, find out what to expect before you go. I would go again at the drop of a hat I feel the staff were so lovely and on the last day my son took ill and the management couldn't be more helpful or caring even though they had a full hotel of outgoing and incoming guests. My one criticism is the reception staff need better English and they could do with an English customer relations to help with exertions, and local knowledge a transient rep is not really good enough as this really is a hotel that makes you feel like part of a little family. They all work so hard and I was very sad to leave them and my holiday to end.

Room Tip: if you like morning sun try blokes 2-4 and evening sun 6-8 the ground floor apartments have pool acc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Amanda W
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed for a week at Mio Bianco with my boyfriend and were pleasantly surprised after a horrible transfer from Bodrum Airport which took much longer than we expected. That was forgotten about when we arrived and were shown to a beautiful room overlooking the pool. The hotel is exceptionally clean and the decor is very tasteful. Food served in the restaurant is plentiful and there is enough choice - not once did we worry we would get ill, so ignore those reviews. The pool area was nice, we didn't struggle for a sunlounger but it was very quiet in the hotel due to it being early in their season. The private beach area had a good selection of sun loungers and day beds and the beach is very clean and there were some watersports facilities on the beach.
In terms of location, the hotel is not situated in any towns and so can feel a little isolated but we soon discovered the bus into the nearest town, Turgutreis takes only 20 mins and to Bodrum or Gumbet about an hour. Staff in the hotel were very polite and helpful, particularly the 'animation team' who spoke great English. They were more than helpful when we asked questions about the area and they livened up lazy days by the pool.
If you're wanting to go on days out, shop around and haggle with people on everything, never pay the price they say first and don't get stung by your travel representative on your first day like we did. We did a boat trip around 4 beaches on the coast and also did the trip to Dalyan. Both were great days out, but be prepared to travel a long way and for long days, if you're patient it's definitely worth it!
It was a chance for us to relax and the hotel made that very easy so i would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank i0na93
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

After reading reviews on here I cant believe anyone who really stayed here could of wrote bad comments! Me and my boyfriend stayed at mio bianco in May and will be returning next year with friends we enjoyed our time so much.

The hotel facilities include everything you could need including a wide range of well presented fresh food (I'm a fussy eater and I always left full!)

The staff at the hotel were always friendly and were always there to get you drinks, they were always happy to see us and did everything to accommodate us (even if we wanted soup n bread at midnight)

But what really made our hotel great was the entertainment team ( Janset and Metin Thank you! ) they really were amazing, they are a real asset to the hotel.

The hotels beach was lovely with nice decking (the boyfriend enjoyed taking advantage of the private pontoon which was great as I enjoyed the calm atmosphere) although there is also water sports just metres away

The rooms were always cleaned at a high standard and it was reassuring that they had coded safety boxes although all the staff are trustworthy

We even had a Turkish bath and message (they were also amazing definitely worth getting a deal package

However I must worn people about the holiday reps. These people do not work for the hotel but work for outer agencies, they meet you on your first day before you can speak to others, this is how they catch you out, they overcharge you on excursions and half the time lie about what they really entail or include Dont let them fool you!!! If your not sure ask the entertainment team who work for the hotel (kitty and metin) or the other staff.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Emms90
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at Mio Bianco. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the negative reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. We arrived in the early hours after a delayed flight, we were given a friendly welcome and shown to our rooms very quickly. The room was decorated modern and was really clean with a lovely view over the pool. There was always plenty of food on, there wasn't a lot to choose from, especially at breakfast ( I mean English style breakfast ) but what we did have tasted lovely and never had any illness as some of the reviews mentioned previously.

We visited the Turkish baths inside and not once did I feel uncomfortable, the staff do their best to make you feel relaxed and at ease. The staff in the hotel are new and didn't speak a lot of English but as the days went on they were doing their best to learn and they are all very polite.

There are limited sunbeds but wasn't a problem for us as the hotel was quite.I would imagine they would provide more in busier months. The pool is small but was also very clean . The private Beach is nice and sunbeds and parasols are free as are soft drinks at the bar.

The animation team are really friendly and speak very good English. There wasn't a lot on in the evening but again , it was quiet. The team are there every day and ask if there are activities you would like to do but are never pushy and allow you to relax if that's what you want to do.

We went on a trip to Dalyan to the mud baths, it was a really good day out but if you fancy going , be prepared for a long day. We were picked up at 6am and didn't arrive back till 7. The coach travel time was 3 and a half hours each way but once there it's great.

I don't think the hotel deserved the negative reviews but I think it has changed hands since then so don't let them put you off visiting.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room or a balcony as some of the rooms face onto the road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Whitto79
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The overall quality of the hotel was great! On arrival we were quickly shown to our rooms which were very clean. It was a lot bigger than expected as we had a living room, bedroom and bathroom. The pool was always clean and the food was always plentiful and nice. However there were minor points like a bit of maintenance was needed just to tidy it up, tiny little picky bits though. Always a place to sit by the pool and beach. You can book seats by putting towels on which I found annoying as you would have to be up very early to get the best pool seats and sometimes people would put towels on and not sit on them all day!! And the three nicest seats on the beach you had to pay extra for, there were always other places to sit though. Transport was cheap and very easy to use and stops right outside the hotel. The walk to the beach is not even worth mentioning as it's right opposite the hotel nearly. Beautiful Hotel and would highly recommend the Turkish bath from the hotel spa was very good value and was amazing!

Room Tip: Choose a pool view not sea view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Livs_123
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We cant believe the ratings the Mio Bianco is getting recently, when we went it couldn't have been better. We went for two weeks in June and would go back like a shot.
The hotel is small but thats works perfectly for it, the pool is lovely and you can always find your own space and even if all the sunbeds were gone we could take a stroll up to the beach which is less than a minute away. Half the time we didn't even need to walk as the beach buggy would pick us up and drop us inches from the waters edge.
The beach is lovely and has its own bar and pier, off which you can dive straight into the sea to swim with the fishes. The waterslide pool offers quite a bit of fun too.
The Staff were amazing, especially Jeff whom couldn't do enough for us, All of them though were lovely guys.
The room was very modern and always clean, as is the rest of the hotel. We had a view of the front, from which you can see the sea and the road didn't bother us as we spent most time enjoying the sun.
The food was great, had no problems finding something to eat each day, even though we are fussy. The bar staff worked hard to keep our glasses well replenished, they do fantastic cocktails !!!
Overall we couldn't recommend this hotel more and plan to go back one day.

Room Tip: If you want a view, pool view is probably better but remember the evening entertainment is held ther...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Pawprints17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Armonia Holiday Village & Spa
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
#13 of 99 in Bodrum City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,107 reviews

Been to Mio Bianco Resort? Share your experiences!