“Not recommended and avoid the Spa with its Pervy staff!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Mio Bianco Resort

Mio Bianco Resort
Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Turgutreis
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Not recommended and avoid the Spa with its Pervy staff!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here in September 2012 and my first impression was that it was a MUCH smaller complex than I had expected. There is only one pool with limited sunbeds which are taken very quickly.

AVOID the Turkish Bath as the staff are rather pervy, I have had several Turkish Baths previously and understand that they do scrub you All over, however I was left feeling pretty uncomfortable as they do push their luck and take it too far.In fact whilst in there we witnessed a furious exchange between a female guest and the manager after some extremely inappropriate touching and suggestions from a staff member...!

The food was OK, but no where near 5* - even by Turkish standards, and the staff where not particularly friendly.

The room was nice, although ours was right next to reception and above the restaurant so we were woken daily by new arrivals (from 4.30 daily!) and breakfast prep so I resorted to sleeping with my Ipod headphone in!

The beach was OK, and only a short walk away but does only have soft drinks available.

Evening entertainment was very limited, we tended to go back to the room and watch TV instead and try to get an early night in prep for our early morning wake up!

We will not re returning EVER!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room away from reception!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Where do I start? Me my partner our little boy 5 stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and got back on the 2nd of October.
Let's start by saying I have never written a comment on trip adviser. I look at comments and normally think, holidays are what you make of it people like to whinge.
Well on this occasion I should have listened to the comments. WHAT A HORRENDOUS place this really is. Like others have said only very minor good point is the hotel rooms and pool... That's it!
Let's start by saying yes I was one of the people who was hospitalized during my stay with food poisoning. At the time of me being rushed into hospital another 7 people that night we also in the same hospital with me.... yes you guessed it from Mio Bianco.
Two people got this food poisoning so bad that there appendix burst meaning they had to have an operation to remove it along with poison in their blood. That person has posted on here already. Hope your well.

This hospitali ok if you are on your own! If you have family expect them to charge 1000 lira a night for them to stay. This place is 45 minutes away in an ambulance!

What can you expect from the service that the hotel has to offer?

Well if you ever have to speak to the hotel manager be prepared for Very Arrogant man. All he is ever interested in is himself the people he has a fag with everyday and yes you guessed it the paramedics from Inter Tip. He won't help you with anything.

He was so naive in his comments he said to me and my partner that he had spoken to the doctor that treated me and he said I had a COLD from the weather!!!. 34 degrees by the way.

At this point i did ask him what about his other guest that were hospitalized and his response, you were the only one. To which I went round the hotel and located the guest that stayed with me that night in hospital some of which were still in hospital.
He was really helpful and told me that 7 people out of 300 what's the problem. I just hope that you are not one of the 7 people in a week to experience what we went through. The place was dropping like fly's and no one was interested.

I don't think i need to go into detail to much about the food as everyone has mentioned about it. If you do decide to book this shocking hotel you are very brave, like me, advice from other people didn't register with me but I want to stress..... Please don't eat the food off the grill. The turkey is left out in the sun to defrost and they cook roar meant with cooked meat.... recipe for disaster like I and 7 other people found out.
The pool was a plus point if you didn't like lying on a sun bed! No chance here! The best part was the kid's pool where it was nice and quiet until the slides come on. Expect to shovel out flies and muck before you enter this pool as it clearly doesn't get cleaned. You will also have a freshening aroma of Sewer! this also made a present appearance in your room about 5pm!

Some might say what happened a blessing in some ways as we ended up having to eat out of this hotel. Bit of advice go down to the beach bar, not the one associated with the hotel the round one before you get to the beach. The guys here are brilliant especially Ian who is a top bloke, he will make you feel like you are back in the UK with friendly people and will do anything to help you.

The Spa.... Well i will let other people explain the stories from this place but the women who said about her daughter.. you wont be far off.

All in all please listen to the bad comments about this hotel they really are BAD! If there is good comments they really are the lucky ones that escaped Inter Tip!!!.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank tripfromhell2012

Travelers are raving about these Turgutreis hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I don’t really know where to start but would like to state that this is an honest, true description of Mio Bianco.
We travelled on 11th October and returned on 18th October. We were not advised that this would be the last week of the season before the hotel closed until next year.
The good points first, the hotel was impeccably clean, the rooms were cleaned daily and the maid service was excellent. Well that did not take long………..
The bad bit, the food was usual average food, and if you like meat balls, cold chips, uncooked chicken, then you will be happy. Breakfast was usual continental, cheese, ham, etc. On the first day we could get fried eggs but that was never repeated. Lunch was basic food with salad on the side. Dinner was whatever was left over from lunch with an additional main course. First couple of nights there was a fish dish for vegetarians but you would have struggled for the remainder of the week.
The all-inclusive bar closed at 11pm and they often run out of drinks and mixers and would always give the same excuse, ‘end of season’. One evening they ran out of tonic and advised that there was no tonic in the whole of Bodrum , so we had to go over to that bar across the road and borrow tonic and when advised the bar manager that we had managed to get tonic they managed to get some within 5 minutes.
The staff were rude and unhelpful. The female receptionist was the only one who went out of her way to do whatever she could do for you and always had a smile on her face. The manager had no personable skills what so ever he was obnoxious, ignorant and opinionated. He threatened to throw me out of the hotel as I confronted him about the food in the hotel, and the owners of the hotel were visiting and he obviously did not want them to find out what the customers really thought of the hotel.
The beach marina was ok but very tired and the decking could do with a sand down and clean and polish, beware of splinters in your feet.
As I said the hotel was closing down and everyday tables, chairs, sunbeds were removed until there was nothing left.
We were advised that the hotel is in the process of being sold, so this may improve but I will not be going back to Mio Bianco.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JanM123456789
Tenterden
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Arrived at the resort at 00.30am, tired, hungry and thirsty, only to find that the bar was closed, the restaurant was closed, and the mini fridge bar in the room was both not working and empty! Not a good start. Spoke to reception to request the water which was meant to be supplied in the mini bar three times..... still had not received the water before we left a week later.
Rooms were adequate and reasonably clean. Great modern bathroom with power shower. Balcony overlooking the front of the hotel is to be avoided unless you are an early riser.... not me! Very noisy with traffic from 7.00am. Balcony can be described as a 'Juliette' which would give a better impression ( no room for chair or sitting out ) Off to bed only to find that the only covering was what I would describe as a 'cot blanket' like the hospitals provide new mothers to swathe their new born child in! Not covering even a regular size 12 person adequately for the night!
Staff were very good considering the amount of complaints they had to deal with.
The Receptionist was a complete assett to the hotel, very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The tour operators representative who was seen the following morning was never to be seen again !! despite telephone calls relating to the overpriced trip booked with them, ( Island tours from the rep TL90 per person, Island Tour from local marina TL15 per person ) having said this, the boat trip was a wonderful day out and still reasonably good value and a must if you visit Turkey.
Hotel was generally very poor for an All Inclusive, with no fresh juices available, no variety of most common drinks alcholic or not, food very poor, to the point that we actually ate out 5 nights out of 7.
Understanding that it was the end of the season, I still expected the hotel to provide 'what it said on the tin' not so.....
No entertainment, A la Carte Restaurant closed, No Childrens activities, and Indoor pool closed,
The private beach described as 40mts away, is in fact probably 150mts away up a fairly steep hill, ( although the hotel do provide a buggy ride up the hill if required) a nice elevated jetty over the shore laden with plenty of beds and shade if required. Be aware though that this is also right next to a primary school where children are very playful and loud when outside on their breaks... not a problem for me, but something to be aware of.
The poolside was quite dirty, the restaurant could have been cleaner, and in all the place seemed to be giving up! (maybe because it was the end of the season). A real shame, as it could have been a nice, friendly, hotel in a lovely resort had it been able to supply all that it promoted in its website. Not sure whether this is the tour operator or the hotel at fault. Generally just disappointed at what we got.

Room Tip: Rooms to front are very noisy both early in the morning and late in the night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tenterdendiner
Ashford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Me and my friend went to Mio Bianco for a ten day break. This was my first holiday without my parents as I'm only 20 years old. We requested a sea view/pool view room, we did not get this. We complained and they moved us. There food was not good at all!!! On the 5th night I was up all night being sick and dioherea, my friend phoned the hospital in the morning and they said I had to go in immediately. It was a 45 minute drive to the hospital and me and my friend had to share one seat. When I arrived they checked me over and put me onto a ward. I went onto a drip and was told I hadsevere food poisoning they then did more tests and I was told my appendix has burst due to the food poisoning.!! They rushed me down to theatre to have it removed. This is not the worst bit! I was in hospital for 5 days there was 6 cases of food posioning and another man that had to have his appendix out due to getting food posioning, all of these people where from Mio Bianco!! My friend and another lady who's husband had food posioning spoke to the manager of the hotel and he refused to accept this, and had said we just had tummy colds!! This was the worst holiday ever! And I will not be returning to turkey as its also been on watchdog about food posioning over there and people having to have there appendix out due to this!!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alaina C
Chard, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

If you have done your home work you will know this is a very quiet resort, we found this perfect for a relaxing holiday.
The Hotel staff upon arrival were superb even offering to make us something to eat at 3 o'clock in the morning. The room was very spacious and clean with a free safe, a wonderful shower, Tv with english channels some with Subtittles in Turkish, Hey what do you expect you are in Turkey.
The Food was plentiful and very tasty with loads of choice OK on the second week things were repeated but still plenty of choice.
The pool was lovely and clean however the sea which was less than a 5 minute walk away was beautiful and warmer than the pool, a very safe place to swim with the Deck area being a perfect sun trap, Free soft drinks were available all day. The hotel offered a full Turkish bath and at £40 was well worth it 2 hours being pampered this made a perfect start to our holiday. On the whole we found the staff to be very friendly and always polite, The room maid was fantastic and kept the room clean and tidy and supplied us with fresh towels every day.
If you wanted to travel away from the hotel you had to walk all of 15 feet outside the hotel entrance to pick up the Dolmus to Bodrum or Turgutreis, these past about every 15 minutes or so. Overal a very enjoyable holiday.
If you are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday then this is the place to come but remember this is Turkey and not the Ritz or Hilton.

Room Tip: Pay the extra if you want the best room, don't just expect to be given the top room then have th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kevluesley
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Booked for a week with wife and friends , food was great with lots of choice, hotel was clean and tidy, staff helpful and friendly. Looked for relaxed week and that's exactly what we got, will book again next year

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Tiggertop4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turgutreis
Armonia Holiday Village & Spa
Yasmin Resort Bodrum
Yasmin Resort Bodrum
#5 of 54 in Turgutreis
Family Life Bodrum Imperial

Been to Mio Bianco Resort? Share your experiences!