“Good activities but not enough good sea”

Rixos Premium Bodrum
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Torba
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed for 5 days and we'd got confused about location of restaurants, pools, waterparks and rooms at first day. After that, we loved everything about hotel such as activities etc. As a result, we had lovely beautiful funny hopeful five days.

• Stayed: October 2012
RixosPremiumBodrum, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Premium Bodrum, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. First of all , I would like to thank you for the review. We are very happy to read that you had a good times with us.

There are newer reviews for Rixos Premium Bodrum

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Try the Lebanese kitchen Layali... The best Lebanese in Turkey. The rest of the estaurants are also very good. The beach is great, with a cooling breeze most of the time. Out of season is even better!

1  Thank ElifD1

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. I am very happy to read that your accomodation was good enough with Rixos standards.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We are not satisfied with stay . The only things we are pleased that hotel personel especialy at kids garden are very helpfull and polite . Sea is not enough clear and not similar with other part of Bodrum .

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. First of all I would like to thank you for the guest satisfaction survey, I am very happy to read that you were satisfied with the stuff and kids garden in general. On the other hand I kindly would like to explain that this summer there was a problem cleaning level of Torba Bay, even though we are trying to keep it clean.
We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We arrived early and when our room was ready we were told to go up and the concierge told us that they would send our magnetic keys later. And we fell for it. We went to fourth level with the shuttle and there was the cleaning lady there who let us in but told us that her key was only to open the door and would not work for the AC. I called the reception twice, waited for 20 minutes and finally called the guest relations to complain. The keys arrived. So, this was the first disappointment.
The main restaurant was awesome. The food was perfect. Waiters served the drinks. I asked for tea and she poured coffee. Later, she apologized that the color codes were switched. The coffee I asked for came cold and it was like dishwater. For the duration of one week we did not have a decent cup of tea or coffee. When I came back home, first thing: I made was tea.

There was the lemonade service by the pool and the beach. Later when I asked for a glass of lemonade I was told the free lemonade was over and I had to pay for it.

The shuttle system is also a disaster. There are many shuttles going around but they would not take us because they were always going to the VILLAS. Often, we had to climb the 125 steps to our room. Maybe the resort should have two sections so the regular unit guests would not be intimidated by the private shuttles flying around and not letting them get in.

So, this resort, one of the most expensive ones we have been to, disappointed me beyond any other resort I have been in Turkey and worldwide. I am sorry to say that this is the first resort that is off our list and we will not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: You wont have a great view but get rooms at the lower terrain.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. Your opinion is very important to us, because honest reviews will help us to improve our services. Now, after your detailed feedbacks we are ready to take every necessary steps with each subjet. But, on the other hand I kindly would like to explain that we do have shuttle service for all our guests. Villa is an another concept, they do have private buggy which they already paid within the villa rate. Our others shuttles also runs every 20 minutes. We serve lemonade every day to our guests between 14:00-14:45 complimentary. If any guest orders lemonada with different times lemonade gets charged to the system automatically. I just wanted to explain to clear couple misunderstanding between us.
It was never our intention to create such a unpleasant stay in our hotel, we apologize for the unsatisfied parts of your stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed in the main building for 12 days and had two rooms for our family from July 27th until August 9th 2013. When we arrived, we ran into a problem of not having the rooms next to each other as we requested. After a long discussion with the guest relation's lady,finally she told me that she can not do anything about it. We asked to speak to the manager and when the night manager Daniel Z. came; he was very polite and professional and solved our problem and gave us two rooms very close to each other.

The air conditioning in the main building was supposedly running but it was uncomfortably warm inside and also on each floor they left the hallway windows open, letting hot and humid air flow in while the A/C was on. The temperature was very uncomfortable in the main restaurant also.

Dining in the main restaurant was very stressful, the waiters were running around in chaos and breaking glasses and plates every lunch hour and dinner time. They walk in front of you,and they are always in a hurry and do not ever say "excuse me or affedersiniz" when they try to run you over . The food and desserts were not satisfactory and too many stews were served even the chickens and fish were served like stews. It was very disappointing as if we were at a ski resort they would serve stews. There were no kabobs on the grill at all. The koftes were soaked in oil it was not a good site. The desserts were all similar with lack of taste. I could not wait to get out of there so we could eat better food.

We booked this trip believing that everything was included with Tatilsepeti.com but it turned out that only the main restaurant was included, everything else was out of pocket. Everything was so expensive a small bottle of water was 4 Turkish Lira which is normally 0.50 TLira outside. I talked to the other guests and some of them were also mislead by their travel companies that the resort was all inclusive. They had an outdoor theater but it was never used while we stayed there, so there was no entertainment at night.

It is an overpriced resort for the quality of service they provide. The staff is clueless about their hotel and it gets very frustrating when you ask them what is where? They all ask each other and no one seems to know the answers. They try their best but they lack a good training and seems like have no procedures and protocols in place.

Overall the resort was built luxuriously but the staff could not deliver. It is a family resort, there were a lot of families. Little kids liked the Rixy club, Miss Asli did a very good job with all the other Rixy club staff members. My 6 years old was the only happy camper out of this vacation. Out of all this stressful stay there were few staff members that I wanted to thank and I did send their names to the management I hope they get acknowledgements for their good work.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RixosPremiumBodrum, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Premium Bodrum, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. Your opinion is very important to us. Because, your honest review will help us to improve our services. Actually, our prices are very reasonable if you compare to other hotels in Bodrum area, and also all brands we serve is under Rixos guarantee and orijinal. I have already informed the operation departments regarding the unsatisfied parts of your stay.

We hope you will see the improvement an enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hello,

We stayed at this hotel from 7-11 August 2013. When you enter the reception they greet you with a huge glass of Lemonade and let you rest while the check in procedures are being sorted out.

First of all the food was excellent. The variety was soo huge, both my wife and I returned home having gained weight. The selection of Turkish and international dishes were great. From Lasagne to Quesadilla, grilled fish to Turkish Ravioli everything was great. The salads, cold dishes daily fruits, breakfast, yogurt, everything is worth mentioning. Especially the deserts were superb. I have never seen such a helpful and attentative personnel. Everyone is kind and continously smiling with a positive attitude and asking if we would like something else.

The childrens club called Rixy kept our 6 year old daughter full day occcupied which was great because until that day she wouldn't easily stay away from us. You sign in your child and forget about her/him. Even during lunch hours they take care after the children.

The hotel serves ice coffee at 11:00 and Margerita in lime in the afternoon.

The rooms, beach, pool, gardens and the whole facility was very clean. The sea is clean, perfect with sand and the facility was very well decorated with lots of green areas. You have pleasure in walking around.
You can lie by the pool, on the grass or by the sea...wherever you like. I must say that shuttle services were available at all times. We had no difficulty in finding one.
There is live music at the open air Mojito bar. The Spa (Sauna, Massage & Steam bath) is also clean and well equipped with a big Turkish bath Hamam.

According to usual Bodrum weather, mornings are nice and afternoons are a little breezy which make the hot climate endurable.
It is close to the airport in a beautiful setting and also in 10 km's distance to Bodrum town.

I wasn't hoping to write such positive comments but during our stay everything was fantastic. We definitely would like to go there again.
I have been to this hotel previously for a business purpose in October 2011. Even at that time the sea was great and despite being off season, the hotel impressed me.
Due to that I wanted to come back with my family. We would definitely reccomend this hotel to families and newly wed couples and everyone desiring an elegant, clean and culinary awesome holiday.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are great

Dear Guest,

Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. First of all I would like to thank you for the review. I am very happy to read that your vacation was satisfied enough with Rixos standards.

We are looking forward to host you again in another vacation plan.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in the first week of August. We found the service excellent, the beach team found us a sun bed on a very crowded beach. The guys on the golf carts very friendly and seemed to enjoy delivering people to their doors. We had bed and breakfast room only, the price was reasonable for high season for a luxury hotel. The breakfast was again 4 out of 5, they could put more organisation into the breakfast area to make things more naturally laid out, like having bread and jam together etc. The beach was very nice and private, probably the best in bodrum area. However the hotel should remove some cabanas and put more sunbeds in.

My main complaint would be the alcohol prices are expensive, 20TL for bottle of efes, it is 7 in istanbul, we can not stand being ripped off. It it was 10 I would buy more!

Overall pleasant stay, the beach

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AyJay11
RixosPremiumBodrum, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Premium Bodrum, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. I am very happy to hear you had a very good time with us. I hope to host you again in your next visit.
Best Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Vogue Bodrum
#1 of 9 in Guvercinlik
Hotel Samara
Hotel Samara
#5 of 24 in Torba

Been to Rixos Premium Bodrum? Share your experiences!