“Great holiday”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Torba
Istanbul, Turkey
“Great holiday”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel was expensive but the holiday was great. I like the beach a lot. Sunbathing in the grass was a nice option. The staff was very helpful. The person (Döndü hanim) who works in towel collecting place was very nice, very kind, cheerful and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013
RixosPremiumBodrum, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Premium Bodrum, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. First of all I would like to thank you for the review, because every review will make us better. We are very happy to hear that you had great holiday with us. I kindly would like to explain that our prices are very reasonable when compare the other hotels in Bodrum area. We also offer % 25 discount on A la Carte Restaurants for all the guest staying with the Full Board Plus concept. We also schedule happy hour times every day.
We are looking forward to host you again in another vacation plan.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the rixos bodrum for a work trip looking after children for a family, so unfortunately, no cocktails wine or nightlife for me, but I was so jealous of those who got to enjoy it all! We stayed in a villa, beautifully decorated and extremely well cleaned everyday, it has everything you require and the toiletries you need. It is a bit of a walk to reception/ resturants/ beach so probably not best for elderly people or young children ( I had to do a lot of carrying) and the shuttles aren't always around. The pool area is well designed and the aqua park is fantastic for kids. They also have a wonderful kids club which goes almost all day ntil 11 at night to keep young ones entertained. The buffet normally has a great selection although some days I was left a little disappointed. My favourite was the Mexican themed night. I loved the fresh fruit avialabe for breakfast and meals and their ice cream is amazing!! However, they really do need to get someone who know how to roll ice cream scoops as all the people they had doing it were sort of dopey, slow and rolled the smallest and messiest scoops, we had to ask for me everytime and there is always a que of people waiting. Customer service here also leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes they can be absolutely on the ball and brilliant, most are ver friendly and nice, however we had to ask several times for sme simple things n the resturant and I had to ring up three times to get a bucket of ice on night. Overall, it's a Gestapo place with everything you need for a great time, I would definitely go back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RixosPremiumBodrum, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Premium Bodrum, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Wishing you a good day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. We appreciate your recommendation on web page, it is great to know most part of your stay was satisfied. We apologize for the unsatisfied parts, even though you named them ''few issues'' , we will still do our best to fix them.
cape Town
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at the Rixos for 3 nights. Overall it is a good hotel. We found the service inconsistent.
Room - Spacious and very clean. The cleaning lady was very helpful and efficient.
Restaurant - We only ate at Sini. The food was plentiful and the quality was generally good although pasta was very over-cooked and we found that although there was a lot of choice, we were getting bored of the food quickly. My kids loved the fresh doughnuts at breakfast!
Service - Inconsistent. Reception staff were kind and helpful and our check out was very messy. They offer an airport shuttle when you book on-line which we chose to use for our return to the airport and was confirmed by email with the hotel but at check out there was lots of confusion. They did not seem to know what was going on but they did sort it out efficiently. The service in the restaurants was very inconsistent. Some staff were very helpful and others were rude and inefficient. I had to repeatedly ask for milk for coffee etc.
The wine included in the restaurant was disgusting.
The kids club staff were very kind. My kids enjoyed the club initially but got bored quickly as activities were repeated daily so they opted not to go after 1 day.
The kids loved the water slides.
The beach and pool area was very busy. Guest all "book" the chairs with towels in the morning and it is very frustrating as most of the time there are no chairs available although the guests are not around in any case. The hotel claims that they will move towels when unattended for a long time but I did not see any proof of that happening.
The entertainment at the hotel appeared to be very good.
We struggled to sleep due to the noise in our room from the shows at night.
The spa was good but the staff try oversell treatments which actually put me off going back there.

Room Tip: Request a room far from the shows in the evening if you go to be before 12pm!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank capeTownLongdistance
Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum.First of all thank you for the positive and negative parts, we will definetely make action plan regarding the negative parts of your review. Now, we start to put information letters regarding the reservation problem at the beach and the pier, we do have enough sunbed , but unfortunatelly they are getting reserved more than needed. We apologize for the unsatisfied parts of your stay, we will take every necessary steps to fix every detail you have shared.
Istanbul
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Rixos Bodrum for 4 nights at the end of June 2013. If we hadn't pre-paid in full, we would have left after the first night !
When you first arrive at the hotel, you are greeted by smiling ladies dreesed in kaftans who ask you to relax in the lobby while your registration process takes place. You are offered a tasteless welcome drink while your documents are being prepared. We were told that our room was not ready since we had arrived early - at 09.30 but could take advantage of the pool and beach while we waited. The room would be ready by 14.00 - the official check in time. So we changed into our swimsuits and beach clothes and were off to the beach.
At 14.15, we went back to the lobby since no one had called to say our room had been prepared. The lobby was a mess. Only two gentleman working at the reception and at least 8 people standing there - waiting to check in, a travel agency staff member asking for registration cards, someone trying to locate their baggage amongst them. I managed to ask if our room was ready. No answer. Then I found a guest relations staff member and informed her that we had no intention to spend our vacation in the lobby. The lady saw my frustration and helped me obtain our room cards. We then were taken in a golf cart to our bungalow room. As we were about to approach the room, a housekeeper started to yell "No no you cannot come in here. There is a problem with the room." The poor bellboy didn't know what to do. I called the guest relations from my mobile and said this must be a joke. What did they think they were doing ? We were taken back to the reception and the guest relations lady apologized and we were to be given a "better room." Yes we were taken to a hotel room which was tiny. The twin beds could not be separated by more than a couple of inches since there was not enough room. Two dirty red shaggy rugs on the sides of the bed. Major disappointment.
Beach towels are given free of charge at a booth near the pool so no need to bring your towels in your suitcase since they do take up a lot of room.
The beach is sand - a golden yellow color. We chose to sunbathe on the platform over the sea since it seemed more quiet. To our surprise, the sea was not clean. There were some small to medium sized boats docked at the platform and obviously they were letting their garbage / waste into the sea. It was just terrible. Then the wind started to pick up and it carried the bits and pieces of garbage away. The sea was also very warm and unrefreshing - unlike Bardakci Bay, Yalikavak and Turkbuku where I had stayed within the period of my Bodrum vacation. There the water was cool and a welcome refreshment after the heat.
The food and beverage / restaurants- major improvement is needed. Where to start....
a) food is tasteless and not much variety
b) orange juice is not freshly squeezed. It is concentrate. A 5 star summer resort should not serve concentrated orange juice.
c) I asked for tea and the waiter brought it in a mug. In Turkey, we usually drink our "cay" in small glasses designed for tea. "Could you please change the porcelain for the glass ?" I asked. The response was "You should have asked for a glass when you asked for the tea." In all of my years of travelling all over the world, I have never ever heard such a rude response from a waiter.
d) The prices for the a la carte restaurants - e.g. the beachside and lebanese are very expensive - as if you were eating in a five star restaurant in Istanbul.
The personnel throughout the hotel do not smile. You are not greeted with a "hello good morning" or "good evening" when you encounter personnel throughout the hotel facilities. The personnel need to be trained in customer service. One small example : we saw the young lady dressed in the kaftan (who had offered us the welcome drink in the lobby a couple of hours early) near the hotel drugstore / newspaper stand. No smile. No friendly nature. I felt like saying "does your smile only work in the lobby ?"
I have stayed at the Rixos Premium Belek and Rixos Downtown and Rixos Dubrovnik. This hotel does not meet the Rixos standard. I am sorry I listened to my friend and chose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Semasita
Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. Your opinion is very important to us, because every review will help us to improve our services. We definetely respect every comment you make, but I just would like clear couple points. Regarding the Marine rules it is forbidden to let the garbage within three miles, it has to be more than three miles :because it may cause to lose the license. As a Rixos Management it is impossible to accept such a big mistake. But, since the beginning of the July we are having a heavy wind that takes all the garbage near the hotel coast. We have a operation department trying to clean the mess.Every guest has % 25 discount on all the A la Carte Restaurants If they are a staying with the Full Board Plus concept, prices are very comparable with the other hotels in Bodrum area. Regarding the Rixos team I would like apologize for the unacceptable answer of our waiter and alson missing smile of wellcoming lady and also the mess during your c/in. They are taking the orientation class all over.
We will take every step to meet Rixos standard. It was never our intention to create such a unpleasant stay.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As soon as we stepped out of the shuttle we were greeted and our bags were brought in. Two steps inside the door, we received a warm welcome from the staff. They could not do enough for us. I have never felt such a friendly welcome at any hotel anywhere.

We were in Bodrum as the Rixos Resort opened for the season at the first week of April, 2013. We arrived late afternoon, and were told we could enjoy their afternoon buffet. It consisted of wonderfully delicious Turkish dishes. They also gave us a complimentary glass of wine. Such a nice touch especially when you are so tired from a long trip. The dinner and breakfast were excellent too. The choices were overwhelming and the restaurant staff was amazingly efficient always available and offering exotic coffees, and anything you could think of.

It was my girlfriends sister’s Saba’s birthday and the chef had made a special birthday cake for her. The entire restaurant staff and management brought out the cake and singing Happy Birthday to her. Saba was brought to tears by this wonderful gesture.

Kadriye Ozbag,(spelling the computer does not do justice to Turkish names) our customer service agent and the entire front desk staff were so helpful making us feel at home and suggesting other possible tour recommendations. The gentleman (sorry don't remember his name) who helped us check out was so patient and helpful, storing our bags and also arranging a taxi for our return trip. Thank you again for the Turkish delight!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. Thank you for the review you have shared, it is great to know you had a wonderful time with us. Looking forward to host you again in another vacation plan.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The room was very small for three adults .
The rate was very expensive .EUR 575 for the delxue sea view room per night .
We stayed one night instead of three and the hotel refuse to refund us the remaining witch was EUR 1150 ,,, really its so sad .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank traveler t
RixosPremiumBodrum, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Premium Bodrum, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Wishing you a great day from Rixos Premium Bodrum. Actually, your comment is not clear enough. I do not know if you came with tavel agency or not, or why did you leave ? I would like to help you to clear the subject because there are some no-show conditions and also procedures. This is not a review, it is not fair to just say UR 1150 is gone. We have financial department and head of operations. I kindly request that contact with me from the hotel.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Having stayed at Rixos Premium Belek before with really good memories, we booked at this hotel with no hesitations.. It was a big mistake.. Service quality is so low that it harms the reputation of the whole Rixos chain. Open buffet lacked the food variety and there has been a real hygiene and cleanliness issue at the main restaurant in guest areas. Employees seemed to be exhausted, untrained or they could not care less about the guests. When complained, managers showed all the good intentions to compensate for the flaws, but sometimes intention is just not good enough. Our room has been continously subject to fried food smell, we could not use the terrace. Rixy Club seemed to be the only consollation regarding this property.. Still, never again..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank up_closeandpersonal
Dear Guest,
Good wishes from Rixos Premium Bodrum, thank you for the recommendation. We will take every necessary steps with each comment you shared on web site. I wish we would know more about the unsatisfied parts because for example we could change your room with no doubt. I believe you are a family with the children as you mentioned the Rixy Club. Because, with the families we try to offer room which is close to main building and sometime food smell problems occurs from the main restaurant, not all the time.
We hope to host you again, because you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us.
Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Vogue Bodrum
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 98 in Bodrum City
Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa

Been to Rixos Premium Bodrum? Share your experiences!