“Not Bad But Not Good Either!!!”
Review of Blue Dreams Resort

Blue Dreams Resort
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Torba
Portsmouth
“Not Bad But Not Good Either!!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Arrived at night and waited in reception to be taken to our room, which took about 20mins. Unfortunately, we had just missed dinner so we went to the room, freshened up and headed to the pool bar. Waiters very friendly and comical, but quite slow due to chatting up female holiday makers.

FOOD

Got up next morning for breakfast which wasn't too bad as they have on the spot cooking stations for eggs and omellettes etc. There was also a variety of fresh bread, fruit and salad, cereal, yoghurt and the usual continental breakfast stuff.
Lunch is served in the buffet restaurant or you can eat at the beach bar which isn't exactly on the beach as you have to go back up the steps to access it. This restaurant becomes an a la carte restaurant at night. Food in there was just ok, mainly cold though even after they supposedly cook it while you wait.
Dinner was also in the main buffet restaurant, and for me this was my big dread of the day! I mostly ate bread and soup in the evening as everything else was cold. I am definately not fussy with food but this was a major issue for me the whole week we were there. I realise they cater for alot of people but is it really to much to ask for hot or even warm food??? By day 3 i got the point where i felt nauseaus as dinner time approached, so we started to either book the a la carte restaurants or go out. I have to say the chinese a la carte was very good, its just a shame you can only use it once per stay or i would have used it most nights.

DRINKS

Drinks were very weak and were clearly watered down. The wine was drinkable but left you with heartburn and the beer was also very weak, probably low alcohol variety or watered down again. Also, a quick warning: Order a few drinks just before midnight as dead on 12 they close everything and just leave. You can't even buy drinks at that bar after 12.

ROOMS

Rooms are nice to look at but thats where it stops!!! We requested a double bed as this was our first holiday on our own without our children in about 5 years. We arrived the first night to twin beds which we couldn't even push together as they were 'built in'. The space between the vanity unit and the bed was to narrow to walk through. My husband walked through the first night and cut his leg from bashing it on the bed. This became a regular occurance through the week and a frequent joke with most of the other english holiday makers we spoke to. Bathroom was ok although the shower door held absolutely no use as the seal on it was broken and everytime you had a shower it leaked really bad causing a big puddle on the floor.

ENTERTAINMENT

non-exsistent!!!!!!!! (well unless people watching is your thing. Russians are hilarious to watch as they dress as if it were 1965 or something.)

Beware the photographers! We came out of our room most evenings for dinner to be pestered by this photographer who just would not take no for an answer and on several occasions walked into the retsaurant to flashing in our faces. Actually began to understand how celebs must feel being constantly papped, lol!

Finally i would like to say this hotel wouldn't suit anyone who needs help getting around as it is very hilly!

This wasn't the worst hotel but it wasn't the best. It could actually be a great hotel if they sorted out the food and other small things. I have written alot about food but for me this was my biggest issue and did make a massive difference to my holiday and i struggled with it so much that it would prevent me going to this resort again. Hope this review has been helpful.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Great Fun, lots of laughs, amazing entertainments team, great staff- always happy and chatty, great food, very helpful would visit again.
Although hotel is on a steep hill and I would advise anyone who is disabled- elderly or has trouble with steep inclines and breathing to make sure you can get a guranteed room which is at the very bottom. We had 150 steps to climb to get to our room of which we had to change because of our elderly aunt who struggled with the steps. After asking for the room to be changed to a lower ground, we only had to walk 60 steps to get to our room- and this made a huge difference believe it or not!

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
north wales
Reviewed October 31, 2009

cant believe we arrived at club blue dreams on 23rd oct and was told the hotel was closed had to go else where was not happy as we booked this in june wont be booking it again !!!!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2009
2 Thank tracyhugh
England
Reviewed October 25, 2009

My husband and i went to the blue dreams for 2 weeks for our silver wedding annivesary sept 29th 09. On arrival was checked in and young waiter carried our luggage to the room of which was abit far from reception, top row of hotel, when we enquired at front desk to be moved the following day it was no problem thanks to Deniz.
The hotel rooms cleaned daily, all the hotel was kept spotless, good variety of food , also a'la carte , and high tea by the pool. Sinun the waiter spoilt us rotten top man. Only let down was entertainment, although the staff did their best. Would not hesitate to go back. Oh yes go to the hamam and get pampered well worth the £20 for hour of luxury.. Also go into bodrum and book trips to Epesus, Pamukale ( cotton castle) and boat trips with botour they are excellent ...£90 for 3 days hotel rep TOO expensive.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed October 24, 2009

The hotel has a stunning location overlooking the sea from a cliff side but be warned there are steps, steps and more steps. From our room to the pool and restaurant level there were 77 steep steps and there were two levels of rooms above us. Older people and families would find this daunting (there are no lifts up to the rooms) The rooms are lovely, the beds are very comfortable and they provide bottled water every day. Some of the rooms have very poor outlooks from the balconies overlooking the back of the rooms on the level below. Always ask for a seaview room if possible.

The staff are excellent and the speciality restaurants particularly the Chinese are very good although the Italian wasn't open when we went in October. The buffet restaurant is good but beware the beefburger in the snack bar!! but the pizza is lovely and freshly cooked

The Turkish bath and massages are very good although much more expensive than in the local areas.

The entertainment was virtually non existant and the distinct impression was that the hotel was winding down for the end of the season.

This hotel is also very isolated there is nowhere to walk as it exits on to a motorway style road. The dolmus picks up at the hotel every 20 minutes and for 2.20TL each way you can go into Bodrum, takes about 10 minutes.

Overall the standards are good and it was an enjoyable holiday

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Hampshire, England
Reviewed October 22, 2009

There are some terrible reviews for this hotel and I can honestly say that I experienced NONE of the issues that others have moaned about. I arrived with my 30 yr old daughter on 1st October - low season (I am 52). There were amazing sea view from our balcony and from all areas of the hotel. This is by far the best view I have seen - awesome! Staff are all really friendly and waiters were amazing! Service was fantastic - they were putting the next glass of wine or cup of coffee down as I drained the previous one! Obviously this only happens after they get to know you - I always tried to sit in the same section of the restaurant each day to build up a rapport with the waiters. I do think it helps to be female though :-)
Yes there are steps but this hotel is built into the hillside - it is not some hiddeous sky scraper like you get in the costas! It's not the Ritz but if you want that level of quality then go pay for it - the Rixos next door is twice the price and I think would suit the fussy amongst you better. Personally, I prefer to stay twice as long at Club Blue Dreams. Food was nice - yes there is a fair bit of repitition but that doesn't bother me.
Music was played around pool - but it is NOT the same CD all the time, nor do they play Xmas music. I liked the music they played. However, I found it nicer down by the sea as I like to snorkel - there are loads of fish right off the hotel jetty. You can buy snorkel stuff at the hotel, but I took mine & found it well worthwhile. Water is clear & warm, not as great as the Maldives but good.
Yes drinks are a bit limited but they didn't run out of anything. There is no local Baccardi equivalent but I drank vodka & coke & my daughter drank brandy & coke and we both enjoyed these. Wine is OK too - totally drinkable. They also do cocktails, but they are not any named variety - you just ask for a cocktail and they come up with something which tastes good!
It is totally untrue that you can't get drunk on the alcohol here - I actually had to try hard not to get drunk, asking for weak cocktails etc. Like anywhere, if you are nice and respectiful to people they will be good to you in return!
This hotel is probably not that good for children - there is only a very small beach area and when you go into the sea off the decked areas the water is deep - so its no good for non swimmers. I didn't try walking into the sea from the sand (which is stony) but I suspect that it will get deep quickly and will have rocks etc to negotiate.
The animation team who look after entertainment were brilliant and always managed to make things fun. Everyone work incredibly hard and really long hrs to make this a great holiday. They were all really good looking too and were popular with groups of young girls :-)
I recommend the sailing trip from the hotel on a turkish gulet - excellent day out but drinks do add up - if you order a bottle of wine they will give you the most expensive , next time I'd go with ordering glasses of wine! I also went on a jeep safari - worst I've been on. No one pointed out local things of interest. They stopped at places where there was nothing to do. The whole thing was about having water fights with the other jeeps - not really my thing but the kids seems to love that. I wished I hadn't wasted a day doing this. Do have a Turkish bath in the hotel spa with a facial & massage - amazing experience!! There is a dolmus (small bus) that goes into Bodrum every 15 mins. It costs about 1 pound each way, takes about 10 mins and is just so simple to use. The bus only services 4 local hotels, and they pick you up & drop you off right outside reception. Go into Bodrum for shopping & lunch - a great experience!!
If you are a miserable, moaning snob this hotel is not for you! I loved it though & will be going back in the spring. I do think that during peak season this hotel may be too busy for my liking though. I suspect some of the reported issues were in peak season like sun bed shortages etc
Give it a try!!

• Stayed October 2009
Bristol
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We are two 60 year olds have been married for 40 years and yes we did all the stairs several times a day and in our opinion this kept the weight off the two weeks we were at CBD, the food was excellent plenty of choice always. We were lucky the hotel was not full so no trouble with sun beds but can see a problem in height of season. Our room was small and yes the bathroom could of had a better finish and our balcony was small but we only sat on the balcony of an evening with a gin and tonic before our evening meal and minimum time in the bathroom. Our bed was really comfortable which is always a blessing. Waiters were excellent we loved the pontoon which we used every day the sea is so lovely and clear, we are not into keep fit and water polo and loud music which is on offer at the main pool but because of the lovely location you do not have to get involved in if you donot wish to. All round a great 2 week break and will definately be back. Also if you go have a massage it was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adele F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Rixos Premium Bodrum
#19 of 23 in Torba
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to Blue Dreams Resort? Share your experiences!