“Not 5* more like 3*”
Review of Blue Dreams Resort

Blue Dreams Resort
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Torba
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I reviewed a lot of hotels in the Torba area and the reviews were mixed regarding Club Blue Dreams, I however made a choice to book this hotel for 11 nights for my husband and I, O what a very bad decision. On arriving at 10pm on Tuesday 24 September 2013 we were informed restaurant had stopped serving, no snacks available until 12am? We were then taken to the room with the porter and havi g to climb it felt like a 1000 steps to get there and dangerous if you have children or are elderly. On arriving to the room it was a twin tiny room( I had requested a double room), we decided to make a comp,ain't to the manager who informed us that they do not have to guarantee your request and the hotel is fully booked to re accommodate us and to come back and enquire in a few days? We then had to queue at the one bar that is opened in the evening to give up and go to bed and order room service, we fell asleep waiting for then an hour later it arrived with half of the order and we were charged 140.00 TL? The weather was lovely but this changed to strong winds and cold, the restaurant was open and no inside facilities so guests endured cold food.
Very disappointed as the staff were friendly some spoke little English, please rethink if you are looking to stay at this hotel especially if you have children as the animation team are horrendous.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank 740Myers03
There are newer reviews for Blue Dreams Resort

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very friendly staff ,very few staff speak English ,difficult when ordering drinks,food a good choice of fresh veg and salads,the room very good ,but getting in to the shower was hard work bath very high with a framed shower screen.some days you get a full set of towels other days not so lucky.
Hotel built on the side of a hill so lots of stairs to clime,there are lifts to use.
Good bus service to Bodrum from hotel every ten minutes .a new infinity swimming pool,a very good holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Colin C
Reviewed September 23, 2013

(In our case the family was 4 adults)
5* for views and infinity pool, not for anything else.
We're not overly fussy but 2* for food. Drinks limited to wine, beer, gin, vodka. no orange juice.
Superior room marred by sheets too narrow for the double bed. Bed lights designed for twin beds. Bathroom make-up mirror at height for a 5'8" person-adjust at your peril as one of the two screws missing. Shower falling off wall. Dawn chorus of 10-15 cleaners congregating outside the bedroom for 30-45 minutes, waiting to be given their rota. Had to ask them to clear a path from of our room each day - they were obviously talking about us as their heads all followed us -just unpleasant.
Daytime animators wouldn't talk to holidaymakers unless it was for volleyball - this was the only part of the "extensive program" that ran. Was that guy walking around with a gun anything to do with them? He never spoke to a soul but he had the t-shirt. Rap music at full blast around the pool was not appropriate for the clients - only the animators liked it. There was no interaction with the animators at all.
Evening entertainment - don't go there! (except for the acrobats) and the guy running it thought that anyone who didn't want to take part in the crap dance at the end should have insults hurled at them. YES for your information we were VIPs - we'd paid ( a lot) for a holiday - not to be forced to do a poor imitation of the birdy dance for your pleasure :(

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank LBr155
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 10 days in August 2013 with my daughter and husband. We arrived on a very busy day where they were clearly full to capacity as the family room we had booked was a tiny room with two single beds. I had to go back to reception to say we needed an extra bed for my daughter, the bed came but there wasnt enough towels and the room wasnt big enough at all for the three of us.
I complained to the manager who straight away apologised and upgraded us to a family room that would be available the next day. All perfect apart from no extra bed for my daughter which I had to again go to reception to remind them. We went for dinner and it was vv busy. This wasn't pleasant but it was the only day on entire holiday where it was this busy. From then onwards it was fine. Food- EXCELLENT!!!
Service in restaurant isnt brilliant, I had to fetch drinks myself often BUT, the food standard is so very good and the atmosphere is v relaxed you don't really mind so much!

We stayed by animation pool and it was good fun, the scenery around pool is beautiful and a short walk to the beach area is a variety of water sports to do.
The all inclusive drinks is just local spirits and beer/ wine. Not huge choice but its ok.
Lots of Turkish families holidaying there and Arab families so quite multi cultural but it was nice.

Bodrum town is great for shopping. Do the day trip to Kos, great day out!

Also, book your boat trip with the watersports company at hotel, we did and it was a really lovely trip.

The animation team are lovely and work hard. I would definitely visit this hotel again. Its not 5 star, more like 4... but we really enjoyed ourselves. Room for improvement with attention to detail and service but thats what feedback is for!

2  Thank asadler
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Never more i said after 4 days. 5 stars? No way, max 3!!! 10 000 of stair steps up and down!!!

Arrival and reception was fine, guide to room super.

Room was dirty (boot steps in shower, toilet .... no comment) Big hammer is a only one tool for repair of all thinks. Good to know. Power sockets are wired by dangerous way. I received 220V on my MacBook alu chassis. I survive this shock and went to reception. I recommended to their staff to make a revision power installation in rooms. Next time I will take Power tester.

Pools - clean but cold water, especially for my children and wife:-(

Cuisine was OK I was happy with quality and servings. Restaurant personal was fine and friendly.

Beach - almost doesn't exist. 50m of small stones with some sand you can find. Onshore wind is very strong. You need to check it. Depends on time frame. August - September blowing every day directly from the see to beach and windchill is annoying for most people.

Children's corner with pool. It would be nice in case of regular maintenance. Dirty sand, cold pool water.

Big issue as i can see. Big part of turkish guests was present everywhere. It is really not nice companion...
Never more. I hope that Egypt will be OK next season.

Room Tip: Older part of hotel is really terrible. New part of hotel looks pretty nice. It would be better choi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank cz50696
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just came back from our family vacation in Bodrum, Turkey, during which we stayed at Club blue dreams. I made this reservation based on what I read on line and in their website. Although me and my family had a great time during this vacation but just want to make sure other people will not be as disappointed as we were with the resort. I gave this facility 4 star at best!! As long as you know what you are getting for your accommodation in advance there won’t be heart ache!! We went there to stay in a luxurious 5 star resort but we were all very disappointed with the cleaning service and the room service and food in the restaurants. The rooms were not taken care of until late afternoon and usually it was done very make shift. Also, the room service was super slow, so if you are to order something to eat from room service give, yourself 2 hours time for the delivery. Food was very average as well. We did have a great time in Bodrum though, it definitely is the best place for a family vacation but to stay look in to other resorts as we will! There are many great hotels to stay in Torba, for example Rixus!

3  Thank NikkiToo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We, myself, wife and three children (ages 14, 12 and 9) stayed in Blue Dreams in August. Overall we had a fantastic holiday. The food was great, enough variety for everyone. The entertainment was fantastic, big thanks to Momo and his team, they made you feel more then welcome. The kids could enjoy themselves at the aquapark or the other activities. the new pool area is really fantastic. Also the rest of the hotel is wonderful. We would go back anytime.

1  Thank Ron B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torba
Rixos Premium Bodrum
Janna Bodrum Boutique & Spa
La Blanche Island Bodrum
La Blanche Island Bodrum
#2 of 9 in Guvercinlik

Been to Blue Dreams Resort? Share your experiences!