Club Aqua Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Torba
See available hotels
Omar Hotel(Torba)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Sina Otel(Torba)
Hotel Torbahan(Bodrum City)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I stayed in the Hotel for the last week of the season 2010.
The hotel is diffinately not a 4* as they rate it through Thomas cook. Everybody in the Hotel had problems at this place the only thing that helped us through the week was the good weather. Rooms not cleaned, Staff not helpfull and rude, no hot water, no electric, food very poor and the quality of the Hotel very poor.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank feeblemonk
Reviewed October 7, 2010

we stayed here for a week, big mistake,went all inclusive ate there once ended up with food poisoning, awful sloppy mess. And the rest was bread with no butter watery salad and fruit for desert,when we asked for ice cream they said yes but we would have to buy it from the shop at the front of the hotel. staff where disinterested at times found complaints funny.entertainment consisted of the same cds played over and over. all inclusive drinks where cheap and nasty served in plastic cups half full. The rooms are nothing like the pictures in the brochure or the net, they are small unclean. the bathrooms were a disgrace broken showers sea water to wash and no toilet rolls provided. we thought the bad reviews we read where over exagerated but they where spot on,havent read a good review yet and not likely to.overall a holiday from hell please do yourself a favour, DO NOT STAY AT CLUB AQUA GUMBET.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jayb501
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Firstly let me say we had a nice holiday and got out of it what we wanted, which was to relax... We only paid £350 each for 10 nights so we didn’t expect a 5 star hotel. If people want 5 star then pay 5 star – the Voyage Torba is about £500 for 1 week so go pay that and stop moaning!!

We arrived early hours (about 02:15) of Tuesday morning to be told there wasn’t a room for us!! We weren’t the only one’s to be told that – we ended up getting shipped off to their sister hotel, Club Aqua in Gumbet and came back the next day to start our holiday. The poor receptionist didn’t know what to do because I was a bit irate - I know it wasn’t her fault but we found out later people came in AFTER us and got a room!!.

The hotel had quite a few Russian’s staying and a lot of them were rather rude – pushing in front of you, staring at you and barging past you. You also had the typical Brit’s who would whinge about everything even though they paid pittance!!

There didn’t appear to be a kids club even though it was advertised but I don’t know whether they just do it in peak season – main school holidays.

The hotel had a few power cuts and water cuts when we were there – the only time it affected us was on our last day when it started to get dark and we were packing

I got bit a few mozzy bites but they were from sitting outside – I took a liquid plug-in and didn’t get bit in the room

Rooms

All different shapes and sizes!! I've never known a hotel block with so many different sized rooms!! All the family rooms had 2 balconies – 1 for the front bedroom and 1 for the back bedroom and these were the rooms closest to the pool. The rest of the rooms were in the ‘standard block’ – this is 2 storey’s high with a corridor down the middle and rooms on either side. Rumour has it that rooms 206 and 208 share a small balcony on the first floor but other than that you just got a window. We were in room 106 and it was a fairly big room (compared to some of the others!), we had a carpet (!!), 2 single beds pushed together, bedside table at either side, big wardrobe (no coat hangers), desk with stool, TV (no English channels and not many Turkish) and NO FRIDGE. I think the only rooms with a fridge were the bigger family rooms. We had mesh over our window to stop the mozzies coming in, however this did have a hole in it – you’ll now find it fixed with super glue and black cardboard (I had to stop the little blighters coming in somehow!!). The air conditioning didn’t work at first but we spoke to reception and they fixed it. Either the shower or the toilet leaks as well!!

There was a safe but it was charged at £14 a week so we didn’t bother – I didn’t hear of any thefts while we were there (looks like someone’s reported 1 after we went). We left our mobiles and wallets in the room and nothing went missing.

I heard someone complaining of no hot water but we never had a problem – it was always far too hot!!

We also didn’t have a problem with noise

Cleanliness

I think most people will agree...the cleaners were rubbish. We didn’t have our bed sheets changed once in 10 days, we had to ask for towels more than once and toilet roll more than once. They didn’t even clear away any obvious rubbish left lying around (bin was too small to fit rubbish in). The outdoor cleaners are brilliant though – the 2 ‘odd job’ men that clear water away round the pool, fix this and that are fantastic and did a brilliant job.

Staff

Brilliant – couldn’t do enough for you. Apart from the 2 ‘odd job’ men and the female receptionist they could all speak very good English. The little guy on receptionist is great – he did a good job of drawing the world complete with equatorial line!!

Basic Turkish food – quite a few people were complaining about it because they served lots of salad and I’m sure they’d prefer burger and chips – if that’s the case go to Spain or stay in England!! Other people were also complaining about lack of food for the kids – take them to Spain!! There was one family that frequently ate at a restaurant down the road called the Pitstop just so they could feed their kids chips, sausage and beans!!
Breakfast – egg (either boiled and still hot, omelette or scrambled – think the scrambled was powdered though...), loads of fresh bread loaves, cheeses, Turkish salami, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, 3 types of jam and 3 types of cereal.
Lunch – usually 1 meat or fish dish, either chips or potato wedges, pasta, fresh bread, soup and lots of different types of salad and watermelon.
Snacks – on most days burgers were available around 4:30 and cakes were available around 5:30.
Dinner – similar to lunch

Although there weren’t massive amounts of choice we only struggled to eat once and even though it wouldn’t be food I'd choose to eat in a restaurant it was still nice – the cous cous was very nice. Sunday night was Turkish night were we got chicken kebab meat and that was very tasty. We always budget to eat out even though we’re All Inclusive so we didn’t get too bored.

There is also a small shop next to reception which sells drinks, crisps, ice-cream, sun lotion etc

Pool

the pool area is fairly small for the amount of rooms. The slide comes on twice a day usually around 10:30 and 3:30 and that’s when it gets messy! The pool is full to the brim with water and when people jump in the water jumps out and soaks the pool area – the ‘odd job’ men are pretty good at sweeping it all away before it gets too bad but just watch any bags left on the floor because they’ll get soaked. I don’t think there are enough beds for the amount of people at full occupancy – most people left their towels on their beds overnight for the next day. If you walk through the restaurant/bar area there are some trees at the other side with big cushions around – a lot of people were taking advantage of these.

Torba

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the beach (turn left outside the hotel) and the beach is not sandy – I don’t think the hotel has it’s own section but there are quite a few restaurants down there that will let you sunbathe on their section of beach and use their beds if you buy a drink.

Just before the beach there is a restaurant called Garden Restaurant and I only ever saw Turkish people eat in, a shop and a restaurant called Pitstop. We ate here once and it was ok. My partner got Chicken Snitzel and I got Chicken kebab and there was no difference!! It was nice just not we ordered!!

We also ate out at the Menthol Restaurant twice which was nice. (Be careful of their ‘extra’s – they pour you a glass of water straight away and then charge you for the bottle – they also offered ‘free’ fruit but we politely declined in case they charged us!!)

There are a few other restaurants and shops and an internet cafe (beware of the ‘i’ on the keyboard because it’s not the same on a Turkish keyboard – I nearly locked myself out of my internet banking because no-one warned us of this!!) – there is also a cash machine up the hill from the internet cafe.

Bodrum

You can get a bus top Bodrum outside the hotel which will cost 2.50 lira per person single. When you get to Bodrum the bus station is easy to navigate because all the buses are difference colours – the buses back to Torba are yellow.

I think Turkey is quite expensive compared to what I've heard people talk of before. In the main restaurants you’ll pay between approx £2.50 and £3.50 for a large beer – and a meal is around £8 +. The chicken kebabs on the street are cheap though – only about £1.25!!

We didn’t get nagged too much in Bodrum – they’d try and get you in their restaurant but they wouldn’t stand in front of you and nag you like we experienced in Egypt

Basically we had a nice relaxing holiday – we didn’t get food poisoning or get anything stolen!!

1  Thank L0ver0fH0lidays
Reviewed June 27, 2010

basically it was terrible. the staff were nice, but couldnt speak english. it rained twice, and with everything outside and no roof anywhere (except the rooms!), everything got soaked! the roofs they did have had leaks! at one point we were sitting with 4 other people under an umberella 'inside' the hotel at 1 point. we met kevin(under this reveiw) and i can vouch for what he is saying. the hotel is no were near kusadasi , i wouldnt even put it at a 2*! don't go to this hotel it is a holiday from hell!! THE FOOD IS TERRIBLE! THE HOTEL IS IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AND ISNT IN KUSADASI AT ALL! ALL IN ALL DON'T GO THERE UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR BELONGINGS PINCHED, GET SOAKING WET AND STARVED!! ALSO there is no phone in the room and cats everywhere!!!

Reviewed June 26, 2010

first i will say most staff very nice then you need to read this
room small no fridge no hot water air -con works when it feels like it 4 power cuts , food is eaten out side all the time so when it rain wash out when no power cold food and it was not good food what did not get used lunch time you got for dinner and if you did not get food when first put out the flys did or the ants or the cats that run round all the time we had goods stolen from how room my wife ghd,s £120 we think buy staff they did not want to know si if you go here take a list of your bits get one of staff to check it and tick it off or better still dont go here the rest of turkey was nice the repfor hotal for you said this site is not even a 1 star its a dump so i rest my case if you needmore info kevquick@hotmail.co.uk but if i was you dont go there is not one thing to do for kids only a very small pool the slide is only open for 2hr a day

1  Thank kevquick