“Still fantastic!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ortakent
Tamarisk Beach Hotel
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Ortakent
Assos
“Still fantastic!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was our second stay with the lovely people at Tamarisk Hotel. I've reviewed it before but I'd like to add even greater praise to this lovely family run hotel.
While we were there, at the beginning of June, a group of delightful 19 year old girls were staying there too. I have seen one of the girl's reviews (apbarbe) and felt I must add a little more to her glowing comments. At the very beginning of their holiday one of them was terribly ill with appendicitis. The owners of the hotel were incredibly helpful - rushing the poor girl to the best hospital nearby in the middle of the night in their own car, looking after the other 3 friends, giving them lifts and extra attention and making sure they still had a good holiday despite all the worry about their friend, sorting out a ground floor room for the patient after her operation and really being a family for all the girls while they were away from home.
It was lovely to meet the girls and we have met such nice people at Tamarisk. But most of all I would like to say thank you again to the Tamarisk Hotel owners who never seem to run out of love and smiles for their guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SarahAssos

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I visited Tamarisk in late June 2013 with three close friends and heightened expectations due to features in glossy magazines stating that Bodrum was Turkey's St Tropez. Tamarisk contributed to my expectations being met and exceeded.

We were promptly collected by our transfer after a sweaty and stressful flight and taken to the hotel. We were greeted by helpful staff and our luggage was taken to our room by the waiters who work there. Our room was basic and clean, with one double bed and three smaller beds set up in the living room area to accommodate for all four of us. The bathroom was sufficient - the shower didn't seem to match up with the pleasant living space but it was fine for our little over a week long stay.

We were stunned by the beautiful grounds, covered in pretty flowers and being tended to all day in the heat by the gardeners. The pool was perfect. There are plenty of loungers to claim and many shady spots too, and the little bridge across the pool was such a sweet touch. The snack bar provided us with an array of tasty lunchtime options and we found ourselves frequently visiting for ice creams. Dinner was also very good, with many MANY options to chose from. Personally I would have liked to seen less options that cater for international people and more traditional Turkish food. However, the mixed mezze to start was definitely a highlight of my trip, and I'll proudly admit that maybe I consumed one too many of the buffet deserts on offer. The baklava there is divine!

By far the best element of my stay at Tamarisk were the staff. It's quite odd describing them as staff as I would call them newfound friends now! The family who own and run Tamarisk couldn't have been more helpful and caring during our stay - they practically adopted us and treated us with such generosity and consideration. They really looked after us four young girls and I couldn't be more thankful. The waiters there were also lovely, very efficient and always happy to help.

Although I didn't partake in any of the scheduled water sports, I would definitely return to do so! I would recommend accustoming oneself with the dolmus (Turkish bus service) as using those it's very easy to explore Bodrum. Make sure you get to the BBQ too! Lots of fun and an opportunity to meet others at Tamarisk.

I would really recommend a visit to Tamarisk, I couldn't be more appreciative for their hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mnachester
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our family of four, two adults and 11 and 15 year old have just returned from the Tamarisk. We really enjoyed the small and friendly atmosphere at the hotel, it was very pretty throughpit the grounds, the rooms comfortable and the food choices excellent.

the hotel is about 50 mins from Bodrum airport and 20 mins from Bodrum itself. the dolmus runs regularly and chaeply so its easy to get around and the trip into Bodrum is definitely worth it for the buzz of a big town, shops, harbour etc.

the tamarisk itself is set in a very quiet spot , but because it has such a lovely laid back atmosphere its easy to stay on site. We had lunch in afew different spots, there,s a handful of taverna,s along the beach and one vening we went into Bitez and enjoyed alovely meal there. generally though the half board option is great value and the choice of food is extensive. the kid sloved all the meals and also the one night a week beach bar b q which went down very well. Drinks etc are also good value and not excessively priced.

The reviews on trip advisor are very accurate and many of the people we met were repeat visitors. it has a good watersports centre and that for many was a big attraction.

We would definitely recommend taking the full day boat trip which can be booked with the hotel, it was one of the highlights of the holiday, fantastic swimming in crystal clear waters, relaxing and fantastic bar b q lunch.

the accomodation is basic but comfortable...after all we only slept in our rooms so didn.t need any mod cons. the air conditoning was effective and the room clean. The grounds are very pretty and each suite has an area wher you can sit outside.

This was a really low key holiday , it was family friendly and very relaxing. the kids loved it and have asked about returning next year...a sure sign of success. recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PaulineManchesterUK
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is the perfect hotel if you want to get away from it all. We arrived 1st October '12. Our room was lovely, first floor with separate living area (which was extra sleeping area for families). Many of the local restaurants were winding down so we paid the £6 per head per day for evening meal, well worth it. Buffet starter and deserts with main course chosen from an extensive menu. I counted 30 choices so no need to get bored. Staff very friendly and good service. The pool and beach were very relaxing, the only negative would be the quality of the sand which was gritty. Man of the guests had stayed before and the ones that had not said they would come again. All in all, small, basic but a little gem.

The bus stop into Bodrum is a short walk away. But the drivers go out of their way, literally to help you. On the way to the stop one day a bus pulled over asked us where we were going. He told us to get on, then made a phone call. 5mins later we came across the bus we needed parked waiting for us to catch it up. We transferred and did not have to pay the first driver! Can you imagine that happening in England.

Visit Bodrum, the castle and museum are worth it. I think you'll be glad you are staying somewhere quieter though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cmcessex
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

as soon as we arrived at tamarisk, we were greeted and made to feel very welcome. the sailing really made my holiday! everything was so clean and everyone was so happy! the food was also delicious. thank you tamarisk for making my summer!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Harriet M
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Tamarisk Beach Hotel is simply perfect.

Nowhere better for a family holiday in the world.

Yes, its not a 5 star hotel, but the location, people and atmosphere more than make up for that.

Food is excellent and fresh daily from the local market.

Watersports facilities are top notch with excellent tuition from really experienced staff.

Now on my 11th year. Its where I learnt to sail, windsurf, waterski and have met so many friends over the years. Can see myself returning for a long time to come. Proud to be a 'Tamarisk child'.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Obreview
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Came with a friend in June 2012 for a relaxing holiday and it was exactly that. The hotel itself is lovely, absolutely spotless with a beautiful garden and pool area. The staff couldn't be more friendly pleasant and helpful. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way but the men working in the hotel are not like the Turkish men you meet on the street...they are lovely and absolutely respectful of women, which I have not found to be the case in other Turkish hotels I have stayed in. The breakfast consisted of a selection of cereals, fruit, bread, teas and eggs cooked to your liking, more than adequate. We only stayed for dinner one night as there is such a great selection in Bitez that we went there most nights, it's less than a five min taxi journey so is very cheap. Ortakent and Bitez are great for kayaking and wind surfing but the beaches aren't sandy so aren't really suitable for nice long walks or runs. The staff helping with the watersports in the Tamarisk are pretty unmotivated but are very knowledgeable about sailing and wind surfing if you persevere! The hotel organised yoga classes and massages for us, the practitioners for both were beyond excellent. They also organised a day diving which wasn't the most spectacular diving ever but the company were good. All the rooms seemed lovely, they have a little patio area outside and are surrounded by wonderful flowers. There is a fridge in the room and the air con and wifi worked perfectly. Overall I would recommend the Tamarisk once you're sure the area of Ortakent is what you are looking for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends