“Fabulous holiday”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ortakent
Neilson Seaside Beachclub
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Ortakent
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous holiday”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Absolutely brilliant holiday went for 2 weeks and would recommend this as very difficult to fit everything in otherwise. The activities are what you go for but the wonderful food and Turkish hospitality are an added bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Exeter
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've just got back from a fantastic week at the Seaside Hotel. Travelling alone is quite daunting and the first few days it was quite a hard adjustment, however the staff and fellow guests were all brilliant. The staff were friendly and personable (particularly good at remembering names) and really went out of their way to ensure you had a great stay. The activities staff are a great asset to the resort, they're all enthuasiastic and good instructors.
The other guests themselves were a complete godsend. This resort (I haven't been to any others) seems to attract a really friendly bunch of people.
The rooms were an adequate size and if you wanted anything sent up (i.e. milk instead of coffee whitener), it wasn't a problem. The pool area is great for chilling and the way the dining is set-up encourages people to be more social. I didn't eat out away from the hotel, I found that on the non-inclusive nights I wasn't particularly hungry so I just picked up some nibbles from the hotel. On that note, the food is FANTASTIC. The kitchen staff work incredibly hard and the selection caters for all tastes. I was hugely impressed by the quality of the food, and the quantity.

If there was something I'd suggest, it's wifi improvement. I appreciate it's a holiday but being able to access wifi in the rooms would really improve things, for me.

Definitely returning. The only dilemma is whether it's 1 or 2 trips next year.......

I was really

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Devonian123
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was our 3rd visit to the seaside resort. Neilson staff are reallly good and this is a perfect place for an active holiday. Water skiing is excellent - Serdar gave really good instruction.
Unfortunately they have changed the beds in this resort and they are very hard, made for a very uncomfortable nights sleep. Showers are bliss. f you have children the kids club is excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went to Ortakent last year and needed a getaway after my Olympics efforts so I booked late.

Excellent service from all the staff againwho made some special efforts because I was on my own. Beachclubs are perfect if you're on your own because the training sessions allow you to mix with other holidaymakers in a common purpose. At the evening meals there is a 'Social Table' where anyone can sit if they don't want to be on their own so no lonely table next to the toilet door for singles.

Tuition is all expert and patiently given whatever level you're at. I'm a complete novice at skiing but they got me up on the bar first and then the line on the first day. By the end of the week I was touring the whole bay. And you get one free ski each day!

I sail mostly and there's a good choice of boats and a huge sailing area so you can get a good run in even a Dart. Sophie and I took out a Bahia and spinnakered round the bay.

Only let down was the lack of wind on a few days. Have been here before and had reasonable light winds so I take it as unusual.....did dampen the fun on the regatta a bit but very light winds do give you time to practice gybing and tacking and they certainly make you search for speed.

Anyway, \i did some pilates, some tennis lessons, a windsurfer taster (not for me) and I could have had a bike ride or two but I stayed in bed.

Certainly can't recommend it too highly, a great time, but if you don't have children avoid school holidays!...if you do have children they are looked after excellently giving you time to enjoy.

Back next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

1 Thank MegaRichT
North Shore City, New Zealand
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was our 10th stay at the Seaside Hotel since it opened in 2002, which says it all really. We absolutely love it there. We first went in 2002 for a week in June and went straight back for another week in the September. Did the same the following year, only made the September trip a fortnight. We have been for a fortnight every year since apart from 2004, 2009 and 2011, where we tried other Neilson destinations. They were nice, but they weren't the Seaside Hotel at Ortakent. We love it over the others because it is smaller and more compact, thus we find it friendlier and much more sociable that other Neilson holidays we have been on. The facilities and kit are excellent with, most of the time, lovely flat water for wakeboarding tows in the morning, and yet windy afternoons for windsurfing. The mountain biking is also excellent offering challenging and long rides, as well as easier rides in the evenings. I, personally, do not take part in the other activities, but understand they too are excellent. It is a short walk into nearby Yahsi along the seafront, or you can get a taxi into Bitez or the Dolmus into Bodrum on the non-inclusive nights. The food is very good - high quality and a good variety. I always eat very well on the holidays. The staff are incredible and cannot do enough for you. I cannot wait to go back ...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the third Neilson holiday I have been on (although my boyfriend's family have been on more than I can count) and as usual had a fabulous time. 'Relax as hard as you like' is the Neilson tagline and I think it captures the holiday perfectly. For those who love their watersports there is a huge amount of great equiptment to suit all of your needs (although a few more sups would be good). The activity staff are brilliant and help out loads whether it is just getting you out on the water or advising you on your technique. I did beginner windsurf this year and had a fab time. From what my fellow holidayers were saying, and the constantly empty towel next to me, I understand that the wind was excellent and pretty consistent.
If however, like me, you go on holiday to relax and get a tan more than anything else, this resort will cater to your needs as much as those sporty types. There were loads of sunbeds, the pool is lovely, and the decking means you can escape without sand where you don't want sand.
The food was great, and in particular the waitering staff are absolute gems. Memet Ali is awesome!
The hotel itself is nicely designed and the rooms were lovely. If I were to make one suggestion it would be to install some of the beach huts with the cushions like there are in Phokaia.
All in all Neilson do a great job of catering to your needs and the hotel and staff are fantastic.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marion W
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Just got back from another fab Neilson holiday in scorching hot Ortakent.
The hotel itself was OK- if you had to moan it would have been nice to have a cool place to eat, and it really is mean not to provide free beach towels or water......however we had a total blast thanks to the superb team of shaggy haired bare footed Neilson babes who worked tirelessly to keep us entertained.
Our mornings started(once or twice) with a pre-brekkie canoe out to the waterski pontoon to be greeted by the super cool Joe, the most encouraging and patient bloke around. This was followed by tennis with Leah who never lost her rag even though we lost most of her balls! After the best tennis lessons on the planet we made our way to sailing classes where we heard about close hauls and beam reaches(Ithink) before being set off in a variety of craft- Picos Lasers etc.
Back for lunch then another sailing lesson while the keenies went windsurfing- its VERY windy here in the afternoons- The highlight of the afternoon classes was Gordon's capsize masterclass- dreamt up by him after lots of beers-unfortunately I stupidly volunteered the "San Francisco Roll" or the "Gordon Macbeth windup" as it should be called.
The afternoon continued with a gentle cycle ride in pursuit of an ice-cream or beer, returning in time for "happy hour" before dinner.
Dinner was included 4 nights and on the others there are lots of restaurants in Yashi- walking distance unless you have moaning kids-or to Bitez where most restaurants would come to collect you and take you home which was nice. We ate at The Lemon Tree and at Blanco's in Bitez and Viras in Yashi. They were all very alike- quite nice but nothing to rave about(unlike Leah's tennis coaching)
The kids clubs as ever were great- as we all know happy kids=happy holiday. All three of mine (aged 10,13 and 46) had a fab time thanks to Nancy, Nate, Jess and Scottie.
All in all a fantastic holiday- if you are going take lots of suncream, water bottles/beachbags for the kids (NEILSON NO LONGER PROVIDE THEM!!) also take chocolate for the staff(especially for Nancy) and some party rings for lovely little Nate who was a bit poorly on our last night......and some Bisto powder for Leah

Room Tip: You don't spend much time in it!