“misleading description” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Ortakent
dalyan
“misleading description”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our amakk party of three were looking forward to staying at this hotel having read the reviews, but even after paying up front in full my hosts decided this was not the hotel for us. Nowhere in any of the rviews or hotel's own descriptions was it stated that this hotel is totally unsuitable for peole with mobility problems (bad knees, hip replacements, back problems) or heart problems. This is because the hotel is built on the steep side of a hill, with uneven cobbled paths and dangerous stone steps with no hand-rails connecting the various levels and terraces.

So our rooms were at the bottom of the hill and it was a frightening journey down by foot, and and even worse journey up to reception to say we could not stay. Ok for youn g, fit people who do not mind daily climbs back and forth to the pool, restaurant and reception, but bad news for anyone with physical problems as above, or even people with young children in buggies.

I feel strongly that the hotel have not been honest in any of their literature or photographs. Fortunately, we were able to find another hotel, on the beach itself, a five* deluxe boutique hotel which was truly out of this world, and was cheaper than the Temenos, with its snooty unhelpful receptionist, who I believe was part of the owner's family.

Avoid unless you are 100% physically active!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chillilady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Worthing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

this hotel was a welcome find in a resort where good hotels are thin on the ground.
We stayed here for 1 week as my daughter who works in Ortakent was getting married.
The terraces were lovely with stunning views. The swimming pool was really lovely though a
bit cold and it was very clean.
We had 2 nights in a standard room which was fine but then moved to a suite which was much
bigger with a four poster bed. Rooms were very clean. Showers were excellent. I found the beds
a bit hard but the rest of our group found them ok.
The breakfasts were very good but the coffee was a bit hit and miss - sometimes good fresh coffee other times instant!
The beach and resort were a 10 min walk down hill, coming back was quite steep for a short
stretch but we didn't mind, we needed the exercise.
There was no hotel information in the rooms. No menus anywhere, so we were unsure if they
did lunch or dinner. Also there was a spa but no information anywhere.
Staff were friendly but only one receptionist spoke English well.
The hotel dog (Sheila) is gorgeous, wish l could have brought her home!
A good place to stay if you want a lovely setting that is quiet and slightly out of the bustle of
the resort.

Room Tip: go for a suite, they're lovely
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel was only here for a few days but really enjoy the hotel. Pool was clean. Staff was pleasant. The rooms were lovley and to die for.
Maids always turned up daily to clean the rooms. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank weekwayy
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I chose this hotel for myself and two teenage boys because it had a fitness centre a pool and was close to the sea. Apart from the sea these essential requirements were not on offer in the first week of April as the hotel was not ready for business, and the management were in clear breach of contract. My boys were extremely disappointed by the lack a pool and instead of the relaxing holiday I had envisaged I had to devote my time to entertaining them away from the hotel. The receptionist worked extremely hard to make up for the appalling management decision to risk their reputation for just one guest's money, but it could not make up for abject management failure. I asked the manager Mr. Cetin Buyukberker why he had made such an unprofessional decision. He offered to take the boys to a friend's hotel for a swim and a reduction on a room if I chose to come back in the future: insult to injury! I asked him what percentage of my fee covered the amenities that were not provided so that that amount might be deducted but he declined to say or make a reduction. If you want and expect a professionally run hotel as I do then this is not the one for you. Letters of complaint are on there way to Mr. Ahmet Barut, chairman of the Turkish Hoteliers Federation, the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office and Expedia

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Guy B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I booked a package deal to Gumbet in September 2012. My friends followed and booked the Temenos Hotel and came four days later. They came to my hotel and insisted that I must stay at this hotel with them. I checked out and booked into the Temenous Hotel. Boy, am I glad I did. This Hotel is excellance, luxury and true Turkish Hospitality. I have holidayed in Turked on nine occasions and you can't equal this Hotel. From the moment you arrive you feel comfortable and like part of the family. Only 24 rooms all spotless and beautiful. God bless the head of catering Sebastian for his smiling face and amazing service. The owner of the Hotel was actually on holiday there with his friends and we visited his home 20 miles away at his invitation. I will be back sooner rather than later. I was afraid of writing a review on this hotel because everyone will want to go and they could spoil it. But I had to. Food, location, views, cleanliness, staff even the owner are all amazing. See you all soon. Ellie X

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank elliedavies2800
Istanbul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Unprofessional staff and incredibly rude manager. One of our party complained about dirty bedlinen and was abruptly accused of dirtying it herself. I was so taken aback that I almost didn't know what to say. I asked to speak to the manager who immediately accused me of being condescending and not knowing what I was talking about. Bizarre. There are so many nice hotels in the area with great service that I would avoid this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

we had a little difficulty finding the hotel but we truly enjoyed our stay. everyone was extremely helpful and the pool is a sight to behold. you are away from the hussle and bussle of bodrum and with only 25 rooms in the hotel..it is a great getaway. we are going to stay there again;

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank timothy s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ortakent
Lighthouse Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,274 reviews
Zest Exclusive Hotel
Zest Exclusive Hotel
#3 of 18 in Ortakent

Been to Temenos Hotel? Share your experiences!