“Gross mis-selling”
Review of Temenos Hotel

Temenos Hotel
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Ortakent
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I chose this hotel for myself and two teenage boys because it had a fitness centre a pool and was close to the sea. Apart from the sea these essential requirements were not on offer in the first week of April as the hotel was not ready for business, and the management were in clear breach of contract. My boys were extremely disappointed by the lack a pool and instead of the relaxing holiday I had envisaged I had to devote my time to entertaining them away from the hotel. The receptionist worked extremely hard to make up for the appalling management decision to risk their reputation for just one guest's money, but it could not make up for abject management failure. I asked the manager Mr. Cetin Buyukberker why he had made such an unprofessional decision. He offered to take the boys to a friend's hotel for a swim and a reduction on a room if I chose to come back in the future: insult to injury! I asked him what percentage of my fee covered the amenities that were not provided so that that amount might be deducted but he declined to say or make a reduction. If you want and expect a professionally run hotel as I do then this is not the one for you. Letters of complaint are on there way to Mr. Ahmet Barut, chairman of the Turkish Hoteliers Federation, the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office and Expedia

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Guy B
There are newer reviews for Temenos Hotel

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I booked a package deal to Gumbet in September 2012. My friends followed and booked the Temenos Hotel and came four days later. They came to my hotel and insisted that I must stay at this hotel with them. I checked out and booked into the Temenous Hotel. Boy, am I glad I did. This Hotel is excellance, luxury and true Turkish Hospitality. I have holidayed in Turked on nine occasions and you can't equal this Hotel. From the moment you arrive you feel comfortable and like part of the family. Only 24 rooms all spotless and beautiful. God bless the head of catering Sebastian for his smiling face and amazing service. The owner of the Hotel was actually on holiday there with his friends and we visited his home 20 miles away at his invitation. I will be back sooner rather than later. I was afraid of writing a review on this hotel because everyone will want to go and they could spoil it. But I had to. Food, location, views, cleanliness, staff even the owner are all amazing. See you all soon. Ellie X

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank elliedavies2800
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Unprofessional staff and incredibly rude manager. One of our party complained about dirty bedlinen and was abruptly accused of dirtying it herself. I was so taken aback that I almost didn't know what to say. I asked to speak to the manager who immediately accused me of being condescending and not knowing what I was talking about. Bizarre. There are so many nice hotels in the area with great service that I would avoid this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2012

we had a little difficulty finding the hotel but we truly enjoyed our stay. everyone was extremely helpful and the pool is a sight to behold. you are away from the hussle and bussle of bodrum and with only 25 rooms in the hotel..it is a great getaway. we are going to stay there again;

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank timothy s
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked at the Temenos Hotel for two nights before boarding a charter last week (August) and were most pleasantly surprised at the standard of accommodation and service we obtained for the price, given very high room rates in the Bodrum area during peak season. As mentioned in other reviews, the location of this property, perched up on the hillside, is a key asset: you are away from the less-than-appealing beachfront tourism in Ortakent and Bodrum and always enjoy a breeze no matter the ambient temperature. Rooms are spacious and clean, although showers somewhat tight, pool is superb but the outstanding attribute is the helpful and friendly service staff. The Turkish breakfast included in our room rate was also delectable, and a nice bonus is a small but well-equipped fitness facility adjacent to the pool. Definitely a recommendation for a few nights in or around Bodrum, away from the madding crowd.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Parrysounder75
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel is situated on a hill just outside Ortakent with fantastic view and relaxing luxuary atmosphere. Me and my wife stayed for 5 nights together with our 8 month daughter. The staff is very friendly and made us feel very welcome and took good care of all of us.

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice place to relax for a few days with excellent service, beautiful location and very good food.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank henriklandgren
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 days at the Tememos Hotel and we really did not wanna leave. It is a paradise.

The hotel is based on a hill in Ortakent in a very quiet environment. If you wanna relax the right perfect spot away from all the cheap tourism.

The hotel is run by a lovely team with the appropriate amount of attention in regards to excellent service.

We stayed in a standard room, which was very nice but we had a chance to see the suites and the deluxe rooms...they are awesome and worth the money. All rooms either have a balcony or a nice garden. The hotel has a great pool which offers a nice swim and a great dining place in the evening. The dinner was delicious as well, so don't miss this one!

The breakfast of the hotel is very good. It is not an open buffet which I personally like a lot. I prefer breakfast at the table. Even though it was very delicious, I would recommend some daily changes for the breakfast especially for people that stay longer than 3 days.

Overall is the location of the hotel great. If you wanna drive around, you can easily get a rental car or take the Dolmuş or you take a walk to the beaches close by.

Congratulations to the owner and to the team for the creation of this beautiful luxurious hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012