“DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ortakent
Club Hotel Sts Bodrum
Reviewed January 5, 2013

When we arrived we got put in the wrong room, and then man called Eric was asleep. They moved us into a new room, there was a man walking around the resort knocking on people's doors at 3am. The food was DISCUSTING!!! It was either cold, oily or horrid! Our room was cleaned 4 times in two weeks, and things went missing. They allow cats and dogs in the resort so at night all you can hear is barking. Our flight home wasen't until 11pm and our transfer didn't come until 7.30pm and therefore wanted to kick us out of our rooms, we refused and they were're going to keep our passports and also on the way there our hotel transfer got us lost!!! Finally it's supposed to be all inclusive? It's only 1 drink per person! So if I was you your local BB is better than this place!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JusBeingHonest123

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We ,family of 4, Mum ,Dad, 13 y/o son and 10 y/o daughter, have just come back from STS.

Room. Double bed ,single bed and sofa bed. Ample sockets, TV and fridge. Shower room ,wet room type no shower tray as such, washhand basin and hair dryer. Take the time to have a think about this one if you will please. The water is NOT mains water as we know it, it is not extracted, chlorinated or messed with in any other way,nor is it "recycled sewer water" believe me the water is "purer" than the stuff pumped around some areas of the UK !!!! However, one drawback is the water is extracted by pump from deep underground the results being the minerals and elements held in solution are pumped up as well. Ergo, heavily stained toilets, stained chromeware and staining to the grout etc in the bathrooms and the utility sink in the room. I personally wouldn't recommend drinking it or making tea with it straight from the tap, nothing "wrong" with it just that our UK adapted stomachs often can't handle it ! Simple. Many times people travel in the UK and complain "the water gave me a funny tummy" ,it happens just the same way when going abroad.

Our room was cleaned daily,once daily to us is fine, if we spill a drink we wipe it up, we don't wait for a cleaner, the beds were changed completely every second day and towels daily, if you need extra bedding,pillows ,towels etc just ask.

Balcony with 4 chairs and a table.

Food. For Gods sake people you are in TURKEY it is not Blackpool ,Margate or Torquay ! You aren't going to get ,fish and chips, burgers or other "junk food". The food is basic and on the whole pretty damn good for what you pay. Breakfast was typically some saveloy type sausage, boiled eggs, a selection of salad, cooked meats and cheese,some sort of pastry/bread type roll (very nice) served warm. Always have bread and Turkish style jams, these you put in a small dish and dip your bread into, delicious. Sometimes cereals.

There was a problem towards the end of the week when mould was found in the bread, admittedly not good, BUT, I have seen that in a German Hotel before and we all know how fastidious the Germans are ! Maybe the breads moisture content and the subtropical heat were the match made in Heaven for this type of mould , who knows? It was a one off.
Lunch saw a soup, usually some form of casserole (chicken usually) the salad again, always with a selection of olives,youghurt,meats, cheeses etc.
Snacks were simply that, go grab a bit of bread and a coffee. There was usually meat,cheese,cake ,salad etc as well if you wanted them.

Evening meal was varied, "Frikaddella" type meat pattys, chicken, pasta with meatballs,chicken goujons, usually some form of rice (very nicely cooked btw, not overdone) "chips" ,oven baked I think so not what you may know as chips and chunkier, wedges, and the obligatory salad.
The cakes were nice, syrupy, a blancmange type dessert usually on offer and I "think" it was semolina,cooked in a different way to ours and I wish I could get the recipe ;-(

Tea, coffee, hot chocolate was available from a serve yourself machine all day as were chilled drinks. Only drawback for me was it was UHT Milk, seems the norm though.

Staff. Eric as mentioned a few times is very helpful he is your go to guy, his English is reasonable if he doesn't know what you mean or he can't explain what he means, spend 5 minutes with "international sign language" and you'll get there, he now knows what a (JCB) digger is called. The rest of the guys were all friendly and approachable and if you look at the hours they work etc you'd wonder how they still have a smile on there face at the end of the day let alone the end of the 6 months they work there.

The Pool. We never used it so can't comment on the Pool or Bar, I concur, there was a grid left open with a temporary pump running to or from it, not a real danger as it's big enough to see.
Having spoken to Eric a lot of the problems that have been mentioned "should" be resolved by the next season, the Hotel is hopefully being renovated and that should cover several issues,including the grid.

The "Drinks" issue. If you are AI you get your drinks upstairs,the Bar below is not STS, simple as that. If you want to drink your Efes or Raiki upstairs overlooking the bay, great. If you want it on the beach ,walk upstairs and back down.

The "Dogs" issue. Not the STS problem, the Turkish problem. The beach at Yashi is probably similar to most areas of Turkey and many many other countries, the dogs are abandoned as are the cats, during the day there is generally not a problem at night time they can get a bit "territorial" as do any pack animal, and they are protecting themselves, let's face it their previous owners let them down, should they really trust us ? If you really don't like dogs or are scared of them, carry a stick, they won't come near. if you do like dogs, if you stroke them they'll love you for it, but don't get attached it'll break your heart.

If like us you paid just over £1,200 for a family of 4 the airfare being £908 of it and £48 for transfers then £18 for Admin fees,think about this, where the hell in the UK would you get an ALL INCLUSIVE holiday for £126 for a week ??? In fact show me a decent B and B for 2 nights for that.

In conclusion, the place is not the Hilton, it doesn't pretend to be, the food is not a la carte, nor does it claim to be, the Staff don't all have a Degree in English,but they try.
The Hotel is ideal to be used as a base , a Dolmus into Bodrum is TL 4.75 ( about £1.50 for the sake of an argument) each way per person (no half fares for kids), trips to Ephesus, Turtle Beach, diving (scuba), Blue cruises Etc can all be booked 5 minutes walk away and they collect and drop you at the door. You can eat out cheaply enough in Turkey, go to Bodrum or Ortakent and find Tansa (You'll be familiar with some of the signage,part of the Tesco group ! ) Get you bread (Sliced Turkish ) for TL 4 and some meats and cheeses and make sandwiches if you want. Buy your water there as well TL 2 for 5Litres instead of TL1 per Litre at the beach shops at Yashi ! Be careful what you buy and where you buy, e.g. Bodrum 5 boxes of Lokumu (Turkish delight) for TL20 at Yashi 5 for TL10,exactly the same boxes, so half the price on the beach.

I will recommend one thing though, stock up on Mosqitoe repellant !!!! They are everywhere. UK immigration are useless, at least 2 of the little swines came back in our luggage as illegals !

The water was as calm as a mill pond for the first 5 days and the water Gin clear, hell, even the fish are friendly, if you are a non-swimmer get a snorkel and mask wade out waist deep and put your face in the water while standing on the seabed, the fish will find you ;-)

Want to spend £1,200 with English food and everything spotless, go to Butlins.
Want to spend the same amount, see new things, go new places, experience new tastes, go for a camel ride 10 minutes walk away, see fish in their natural enviroment, meet friendly people, go to Turkey, the STS may not be the best BUT you would have to do a hell of a lot to show me you can get better value for money. Believe me when I say I saw other hotels we had looked at before we booked STS, and I am still glad I went to STS. Photoshop or the use of old pictures shouldn't be allowed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank BST190802
Reviewed October 27, 2012

For starters it's suppose to be all inclusive and there is not much to drink the vodka is watered down most days they say everything finish the food made me ill the staff ate first we sat and watched them eat before we were aloud the chicken was raw and bleeding still I was very poorly there were flys in the soup potatoes weren't cooked frozen in the middle flys on everything I am absolutely disgusted the staff are rude and make u feel very very uncomftable I walked round with a dot hammer in my bag I felt that scared we went into gumbet and staff members pulled a knife out on my Boyfreind Were still here we leave on Monday and it can't come quick enough they Wudnt even let us have a pint glass jus small glasses u had to serve urself at the pool bar and a member off staff who kept staring at me asked me to go to his room I said no and at 3 in the morning he turned up sayin he was bringin us towels never come here ever the people are ignorant rude and jus plain arrogant please don't do it to ur selves big wild dogs followed us to our rooms I could go on and on not happy if u want my opinion this place needs blowing up

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Ashes5818
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The worst hotel I have ever been to. Dirty rooms, bathrooms covered in mould and broken toilet seats. Disgusting food so we end up eating out a lot. Only 1 type of beer which tasted like water and 2 types of spirits. No entertainment whatsoever and extremely rude and uncaring stuff members. Oh and management is even worse. We had no hot water for 3 days and she couldn't care less. Horrible experience and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Fainka
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Do not go to this hotel it is dirty very bad value for money the food is cold and not a great choice. Dogs on beach all day Beach dirty Staff annoying classed as 4 star i would not give it one all-inclusive is a joke the only good thing about my holiday was weather and flight home

Room Tip: Higher floors are better and get more sun
2  Thank lesley49Shropshire
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have been holidaying in turkey for over 10 years so i know what to expect when i go (which is every year). I did not expect what i was greeted with this time round

Great location for the beach (100m from main complex) and simple beach front restaurants. Hotel is within easy reach of Gumbet, Bodrum and Turgetreis Market by dolmus! And it has a market & a pharmacy right next to reception. All the waiters made a huge effort to speak english which was fantastic (because my broken turkish is NAFF at best!).

The rooms were clean on arrival - EXCEPT the toilet/showers, these were dirty, uncleaned with black taps (not painted i might add) and mildew/mould running down the tiling. We swapped rooms and had to settle for the best of the worst. We had maid service for the first 5 days (which we discovered later was because of all the complaints) but then went 5 days without clean towels/sheet or floors etc - despite telling the reception daily.

Food and service was awful - there was no variety (and i love turkish food!!) - no thought at all and the staff weren't at all interested in anything. We had to eat out 6 times just to have some different (and fresher) food - not what you expect to have to do on an all inclusive holiday.

The pool could have been brilliant but was in serious disrepair not cleaned daily and the floor around was always littered with cigarettes and cups (sometimes from days before) - Needs some serious money spending on it. The pool DJ only had one turkish and one english CD in his collection or at least they were the only two he played.

The bar (all inclusive) constantly ran out of everything (sometimes within 2 hours of opening) and it was very far from being busy - with usually only 5/6 people sat there! We frequently had to go to the market and buy beers etc and take them to our room. There was absolutely no entertainment the whole 14 days we were there and the downstairs bar never opened once while we were there and we had to go upstairs to the restaurant and get local drinks - part of the AI bit - and take them downstairs (in plastic cups only!!!)

They would not entertain a late room check out (except if you paid a huge sum of money) - we were forced out of our room at 12:00 and our pick up time for the airport was 21:35. The room had not been entered or cleaned when i went back and checked (under the premise i had forgotten something!) at 20:00!!!

The owner was around every day but probably didn't realise he was because he was constantly drunk and the hotel manager was very rude and ignorant to us and everyone i saw talking to her.

The Photo's that debbie0t has uploaded about the bathrooms are spot on

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment room or one attached to the restaurant
3  Thank BobMalvern
Reviewed September 16, 2012

please read this review if you are thinking value for money.

THIS IS ALL BACKED UP WITH PHOTOS

i would like to start by saying that i have travelled all over the world and stayed in all sorts of accommodation. I am not a fussy person or some one that that listens to or relies on other peoples reviews but wish i had on this occasion.

The transition from airport to hotel was fine then the fun began. The young man in reception was asleep and was about as helpful as a chocolate fire guard. He showed us to our room door and disappeared, came back 30 secs later and told us breakfast was 7.30 -10.00 no smile bad attitude and smelt of B.O. great.

THE TOILET

Having travelled from airport to hotel the next thing was to use the toilet. On opening the door we were met with a foul smell. lifting the toilet seat, the bowl was brown from water stains and looked like it hadn't been cleaned for over a week. The shower drain was blocked with hair and was also brown, the chrome taps were covered win scale and when i scrapped my nail over it some of the scale broke off.

THE ROOM

After looking at the toilet it was time to look at the room. The walls and ceiling were covered in splatted mosquito's and there was even a trainer sole mark on the ceiling where a mosi had been squashed. there was a blood stain on the floor and one one the stool cover. The wall next to the single bed which we never used had mould from floor to ceiling which they had painted over but not cleaned off. There were also mould patches at breathing level the length of the bed so a child sleeping in it would have been breathing in the spoors whilst sleeping. One of the plug sockets had coffee or dirty water stains down the wall from it so we were cautious about using the socket for anything. The so called balcony was just enough room for 2 fold up chairs but they did supply a folding table. Where you are supposed to put it i don't know. As it was 3am we decided to go to bed. On the first morning leaving the room we looked over the back walk way and was astounded by the amount of rubbish that just lay there this included clothes, lilos, clothes airers, chairs and other general rubbish and smelt really bad.

FOOD

As it was the first morning it was time to try the food. well what can i say. If you like salad for breakfast then fine. I do understand that this is what a Turkish breakfast is as i have been to Turkey 15 times previous. But no fresh eggs were being cooked no toast no fruit no all inclusive water till 10am which was after breakfast finished. so it was time to leave for the beach.
We came back for lunch and it looked like breakfast with chicken added to the menu. Mmmm my mind was now set on eating out. Back too the beach then.
Evening meal was 1930-2000 so we thought we had better try as we are all inclusive. Big mistake if you add breakfast to lunch the answer is evening meal funny that. so that was the end of eating at our hotel. The beer at what i can only call a dinning hall like the old Butlins was flat and so was the coke.

ALL INCLUSIVE DRINKS

To start the pool bar is open from 10-6. On coming back from the beach the first day at 5 i fancied a beer before going to the room so off i trot to get a beer from the pool bar. Guess what no beer, flat coke, gin but no tonic. My partner went to the bar to get 2 cokes was then told no glasses or plastic cups. With this i went to reception to state my complaint but i might have been talking to a space man. The next day we came back at 1730 and the pool bar was closed. How much worse can it get. ON the next day there had been no beer all day. This is all inclusive??? joke.
Just to add further there were many broken drain grills around the pool
THE STAFF

I have read recent reviews that say the staff were friendly and very helpful. What a load of rubbish these people must have been drunk all day long or smoking something. Rude, unhelpful, miserable dirty and smelly. Apart from one lady who was clean but useless.
I had booked late check in and late check out but they were having none of it the staff do not speak English so they had to send for a translator. On showing my paperwork they told me i had to pay 50 lira. ha. It did not cost that much per night. money in pocket i do think. We did have to change room but refused to pay the extra.

THE RESORT

The resort its self was lovely. We found a bar along to the right of the hotel called bobby's if it wasn't for bobby's and a couple of other places to have a drink the holiday would have been a disaster. The food at bobby's bar was really nice and a good variety and can not fault it at all.
They also put us on to one of there friends for a boat trip which we actually done twice in 7 days so we could stay away from the hotel. The boat trip cost £36 for 7 hrs of brilliance with all food included and 4 drinks for 2 people the coffee's and Teas at biscuit time cost nothing.
If your thinking boat trip to busy, he only takes a maximum of 16 people no loud music and a really lazy suntan day out.

OTHER PLACES TO STAY

The Medisun hotel is fine clean but only all inclusive
The Viva Aparts which are room only £12 a night pp
Vira's otel rooms are really nice £12 a night pp

Room Tip: please do not book this hotel
4  Thank Deb W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ortakent
Hotel Amfora
#23 of 30 in Ortakent
Bodrum Imperial
Bodrum Imperial
#3 of 14 in Akyarlar

Been to Club Hotel Sts Bodrum? Share your experiences!