“Holiday from hell”
Review of Hotel Sun Club

Hotel Sun Club
Ranked #70 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed November 1, 2012

poor service, rude staff, ignorate manager, stained linen, food that has been sitting around all day or longer when it was avalable it was the same thing was dished up daily until they decided to close after taking week long bookings get the picture not a hotel I would recommend to my worst friend. 7 nights end af season relaxing break was just what we needed but this just did not happen. And I am so concerned that holiday companies in the UK will still send us Brits to a [--] like this when the hotel you have booked has closed. Be aware if this hotel is offered to you DON'T DO IT.

1  Thank Daviddanny
There are newer reviews for Hotel Sun Club

Reviewed October 31, 2012

When we booked it was to go to a nice looking hotel in Turgutreis but was relocated because we were told it was closing for the season. As there were not many reviews we decided to give this one a try.
Bad mistake! After a nightmare drive which took an hour more than we were told, we arrived and it looked not to bad moving directly to the bar from the acceptable looking room we were told that there was only beer(nice) and a choice of local raki, vodka and gin, no whiskey or brandy and an assortment of soft drinks, then two trays of food ?was brought out, one was lukewarm potato wedges and the other was cold pasta with a dish of cold tomato sauce(which was the daily afternoon snack with no other choice). Going back to the room we found there was no fridge (this was quickly remedied). We then went up the dangerous stairs to the restaurant and found an assortment of unrecognisable barely warm catering dishes that were not labelled on one side and on the other was a selection of salads, after trying some of the unknown dishes which were all unpalatable we decided to fill up with salad which we found to be fair. After a few drinks bed was calling but sleep was not as the bars outside were playing unbelievably loud music till at least three thirty! Breakfast….no cold milk only hot, boiled eggs that were virtually impossible to peel and were not very fresh,
Cold meat and cheese and salad that we thought had been brought out from what remained from the previous night (the cold meat had been trimmed around the edges!). Some dishes looked the same as from the night before.
Pool freezing cold! But sit on sun beds nice and sunny then ‘’animation person’’ turns on music nearly full blast can’t hear any conversation, ask him to turn it down and he notches it up a bit more!! The complementary water, coffee, tea and sugar is used up and when asked to replenish we are told ‘’only first one is free all others must be paid for’’!
The rooms were not cleaned only towels were changed and bins emptied. We spent a lot of our holiday money on food when it was supposed to be all inclusive if it was not for the camaraderie of all the Brits it would have been a total disaster.
Out of all the people we talked to we only found two who were actually booked into this Hotel, all others were dumped here from previously booked hotels one couple actually found their original hotel after being told it was closed only to find that it was open and had room! So much for online and teletext holiday firms!!!
This was supposed to be a four star but my wife recons it should be given a minus four star!

Room Tip: avoid all rooms like the plague.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 12 nights. The food was not nice at all. The staff were very miserable and very rude. Yor were refused to have the average drinking glass at night and were given a tiny glass for vodka and coke. The hotel did not put on any entertainment at night except one night there was bingo. The bar closes at 11pm no later. The Hotel is in a very noisey area and you can not sleep until all the clubs are closed. I have been on holiday in many places but this one is what would call my worst. I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms are noisey
Reviewed October 27, 2012

we originally booked into another hotel but as it was stopping doing all inclusive halfway through our holiday we were advised to go to this hotel , had a look at the reviews and although they wern't very positive we thought we might give it the benefit of the doubt , BIG mistake !! we arrived at 4pm having left our house at 11 pm the previous night and all four of the party were shattered and thats the only reason we stayed ONE night here !!! the noise from competing bars and discos goes on till 4am so if you want to sleep its a no-go area !!of the two rooms one had a stone wall just feet away from the balcony making the room dark day and night with no view , the 2nd room was appalling , dead insects squashed onto the walls , stains over furniture , rotten floorboards , mouldy walls , no smoke alarm , electic sockets hanging off of walls , disgusting toilets and showers I could go on and on ,there was supposed to be gym and turkish bath that was joke too !! never in my life have I had to stay in such dirty and disgusting place and as soon as possible next morning contacted our holiday company to get us moved out of that place , I sent them photograhs of some of the filthy shower head etc and I must say they were very good and moved us to a far better hotel straight away ,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Recently returned from what I can only describe as hotel hell. On arrival we were told that they did not have 2 rooms that we had paid for. I had to spend the first 2 nights on a makeshift bed in the same room as my parents. When I eventually was allocated a room is was right under reception area and next door to security. If you could call it that. The room was damp and in need of repair. The bed base looked like something retrieved from a rubbish dump. The food was ok if you liked chicken for every meal. The afternoon snacks were left over chips and noodles from lunch. The pol had no hand rail to assist access and egress from the water. My mum fell on her first try going into the pool. The staff were ok but the cleaners I would not pay with the holes out of washers. We were so glad when it was time to return home. Even on the day of departure the reception manager was to say the least quite rude. We advised we would like to keep a room as they did not have a courtesy room. My dad said in view of the inconvenience we suffered on arrival we should be able to keep the room without charge, so that we may shower and change as we were not being picked up till 6:30 in the evening. We were told the room had to be paid for or we could take a shower by the pool. I am not sure who rated this hotel a 4 star but I would not rate it with 1. I would advised anybody not to go to this place if you want a nice relaxing holiday because you won't get it. Across the road from the hotel there must be 5 or 6 six night clubs that start at 10pm and go on till 4 am. They all compete to see who can play the loudest music and because they all play different tunes all you here is the bass thumping away. I would say if you want to party all night and sleep all day you will love it here. I can quite honestly say that I have never been so happy to leave a place and will never return to the hotel hell.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel is in best position in Gumbet,one side beach other side Bar Street. If you are going to Gumbet for nightlife Hotel is ideal but if you want a really quiet holiday do not stay here.(however you can hear Bar street from most accomodation in Gumbet!)
Rooms are basic but are supplied with kettle,hairdryer,mini fridge & free air con, cleaned every day with new towels.
Restaurant- most beautiful outside terrace over the beach. If you are going to Turkey for English food change your holiday to Blackpool!!!!! Great array of beautiful salads and fresh Turkish food every day.
Bar- self service juices,tea and nescafe coffee,never any queues for other drinks which were all good measures and good quality.
Some people previously have moaned about staff attitudes,(everyone really friendly especially Sergio entertainments manager) just give the staff small tip ,you are all inclusive and paying for nothing else and the occasional 5 lira here and there is not going to kill anyone!!!!
just repays the staff for their hard work and politeness.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

my partner and myself had originally booked into he gumbet holiday beach,but on arrival were told it was closed down.THE HOLIDAY WAS BOOKED THROUGH HOLDAY GEMS.we were taken to the sun club but they didnt have a room available,so we were put into the baba next door for the night.the next day we got a ground room at the sun club.apparently 99% of the guests had the same problem being booked into the gumbet holiday beach..after hearing there stories i was quite relieved as i use crutches and a wheelchair so the gumbet beach wouldnt have suitable at all.THANKS HOLIDAY GEMS.well the sun club where do i start.looked ok till i started looking around.the shower was in need of an uplift and not cleaned properly.the sheets for the two weeks we spent there were never changed.the pillows were stained.sat tv lol just foreign progs.the room was NEVER cleaned .i went to the restaurant once after having to go inside to the front restaurant which was nothing to do with sun club as they had a staircase with handrails.i didnt feel it necessary to go up there again as the food was awful.the stairs outside were concrete and circular with nothing to hold on to.sitting near the bar one day the wall of the building which housed the restaurant fell down DANGEROUS the toilets didnt work and were taken out one afternoon whilst people were sitting around having a drink and having to put up with the stench from the toilets.the bar staff were rude and not clean most of the time.allways asking for tips.in the description for this hotel it says enjoy the spa facilities WHAT SPA AND WHAT ENTERTAINMENT.i dont mind where i stay as long as i can get around but i do like a clean bed and a clean room and pleasant people.if it was,nt for the other holidaymakers i met there my holiday would have been ruined.meeting some lovely people there made my holiday .

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Yelken Mandalinci SPA & Wellness Hotel
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Beach Resort
#7 of 101 in Gumbet
Bodrum Nova Suites Hotel -All Inclusive

Been to Hotel Sun Club? Share your experiences!