“Horrible”
Review of Hotel Sun Club

Hotel Sun Club
Ranked #74 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 12 nights. The food was not nice at all. The staff were very miserable and very rude. Yor were refused to have the average drinking glass at night and were given a tiny glass for vodka and coke. The hotel did not put on any entertainment at night except one night there was bingo. The bar closes at 11pm no later. The Hotel is in a very noisey area and you can not sleep until all the clubs are closed. I have been on holiday in many places but this one is what would call my worst. I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms are noisey

Reviewed October 27, 2012

we originally booked into another hotel but as it was stopping doing all inclusive halfway through our holiday we were advised to go to this hotel , had a look at the reviews and although they wern't very positive we thought we might give it the benefit of the doubt , BIG mistake !! we arrived at 4pm having left our house at 11 pm the previous night and all four of the party were shattered and thats the only reason we stayed ONE night here !!! the noise from competing bars and discos goes on till 4am so if you want to sleep its a no-go area !!of the two rooms one had a stone wall just feet away from the balcony making the room dark day and night with no view , the 2nd room was appalling , dead insects squashed onto the walls , stains over furniture , rotten floorboards , mouldy walls , no smoke alarm , electic sockets hanging off of walls , disgusting toilets and showers I could go on and on ,there was supposed to be gym and turkish bath that was joke too !! never in my life have I had to stay in such dirty and disgusting place and as soon as possible next morning contacted our holiday company to get us moved out of that place , I sent them photograhs of some of the filthy shower head etc and I must say they were very good and moved us to a far better hotel straight away ,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Recently returned from what I can only describe as hotel hell. On arrival we were told that they did not have 2 rooms that we had paid for. I had to spend the first 2 nights on a makeshift bed in the same room as my parents. When I eventually was allocated a room is was right under reception area and next door to security. If you could call it that. The room was damp and in need of repair. The bed base looked like something retrieved from a rubbish dump. The food was ok if you liked chicken for every meal. The afternoon snacks were left over chips and noodles from lunch. The pol had no hand rail to assist access and egress from the water. My mum fell on her first try going into the pool. The staff were ok but the cleaners I would not pay with the holes out of washers. We were so glad when it was time to return home. Even on the day of departure the reception manager was to say the least quite rude. We advised we would like to keep a room as they did not have a courtesy room. My dad said in view of the inconvenience we suffered on arrival we should be able to keep the room without charge, so that we may shower and change as we were not being picked up till 6:30 in the evening. We were told the room had to be paid for or we could take a shower by the pool. I am not sure who rated this hotel a 4 star but I would not rate it with 1. I would advised anybody not to go to this place if you want a nice relaxing holiday because you won't get it. Across the road from the hotel there must be 5 or 6 six night clubs that start at 10pm and go on till 4 am. They all compete to see who can play the loudest music and because they all play different tunes all you here is the bass thumping away. I would say if you want to party all night and sleep all day you will love it here. I can quite honestly say that I have never been so happy to leave a place and will never return to the hotel hell.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel is in best position in Gumbet,one side beach other side Bar Street. If you are going to Gumbet for nightlife Hotel is ideal but if you want a really quiet holiday do not stay here.(however you can hear Bar street from most accomodation in Gumbet!)
Rooms are basic but are supplied with kettle,hairdryer,mini fridge & free air con, cleaned every day with new towels.
Restaurant- most beautiful outside terrace over the beach. If you are going to Turkey for English food change your holiday to Blackpool!!!!! Great array of beautiful salads and fresh Turkish food every day.
Bar- self service juices,tea and nescafe coffee,never any queues for other drinks which were all good measures and good quality.
Some people previously have moaned about staff attitudes,(everyone really friendly especially Sergio entertainments manager) just give the staff small tip ,you are all inclusive and paying for nothing else and the occasional 5 lira here and there is not going to kill anyone!!!!
just repays the staff for their hard work and politeness.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

my partner and myself had originally booked into he gumbet holiday beach,but on arrival were told it was closed down.THE HOLIDAY WAS BOOKED THROUGH HOLDAY GEMS.we were taken to the sun club but they didnt have a room available,so we were put into the baba next door for the night.the next day we got a ground room at the sun club.apparently 99% of the guests had the same problem being booked into the gumbet holiday beach..after hearing there stories i was quite relieved as i use crutches and a wheelchair so the gumbet beach wouldnt have suitable at all.THANKS HOLIDAY GEMS.well the sun club where do i start.looked ok till i started looking around.the shower was in need of an uplift and not cleaned properly.the sheets for the two weeks we spent there were never changed.the pillows were stained.sat tv lol just foreign progs.the room was NEVER cleaned .i went to the restaurant once after having to go inside to the front restaurant which was nothing to do with sun club as they had a staircase with handrails.i didnt feel it necessary to go up there again as the food was awful.the stairs outside were concrete and circular with nothing to hold on to.sitting near the bar one day the wall of the building which housed the restaurant fell down DANGEROUS the toilets didnt work and were taken out one afternoon whilst people were sitting around having a drink and having to put up with the stench from the toilets.the bar staff were rude and not clean most of the time.allways asking for tips.in the description for this hotel it says enjoy the spa facilities WHAT SPA AND WHAT ENTERTAINMENT.i dont mind where i stay as long as i can get around but i do like a clean bed and a clean room and pleasant people.if it was,nt for the other holidaymakers i met there my holiday would have been ruined.meeting some lovely people there made my holiday .

Room Tip: dont go there
Reviewed October 22, 2012

All i can say is if your hotel has been changed and you pull up outside Sun Club be afraid be very afraid!!
It became apparent that whilst i was there none of the residents were actually supposed to be there and everyone was equally not amused by this joke of a hotel!!!!!
On arrival my room had not even been cleaned beforehand so was told to go on a walk so they could sort it. However aside a disgusting room (which made my skin crawl) the experience also became about rude ignorant staff, excessively loud music from the main strip, crap food on a daily basis, being told to stop laughing on the way through reception through to the all inclusive bar and then having an all inclusive bar keep shutting when they want considering it was supposed to be 11pm!!
Turkey itself was amazing and this hotel nearly ruined it!!! The fact they even wanted reviews on trip advisor too is in itself beyond belief!!
NEVER AGAIN

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jason704
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Just got back from the Sun Club Hotel and have to say I was dreading it after reading some of the reviews on here. We arrived in the early hours of Tuesday morning and was put off by the loud music from the 'strip' of Bar Street. Our room was near the top of the hotel and was very loud but easily drowned out by having the tv (provided) on. The room itself was very basic but kept clean daily by the maids who gave us fresh sheets and towels every day. The location of the hotels is great for many different reasons. The beach is right at the back of the hotel and you can take drink and food from the hotel to the beach. The all inclusive food/drink is debatable. The drink is local vodka, gin, white (awful) wine, red wine, or beer and all soft drinks. The food is o.k., we always found something to eat and found a local place - The Mistral Bay- where you can have the most amazing meal for very little money. The hotel staff, on the whole, are polite however there are a few that let it down. One male waiter/bar in particular man openly asks for tips/money/cigarettes. Another took offence to my boyfriend thinking he was part of a lads group and this was reflected in the amount of spirit in our drinks, and on 2 occasions (after returning from all day excursions) being told we had had too much to drink. We booked excursions through the 'rep' and felt robbed! Boat trip and Jeep Safari are highly recommended but would shop about.

Room Tip: Do not take a room near the front if you want a sleep