“Fantastic holiday and location”
Review of Hotel Sun Club

Hotel Sun Club
Ranked #75 of 99 Hotels in Gumbet
Bournemouth
“Fantastic holiday and location”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

When we arrived in Turkey, we were informed that we would not be in the original hotel which we booked, but we would be staying in the Sun Club Hotel! This is honestly one of the best holidays me and my friend have ever had, the hotel is beautiful, fantastic location, yes there was noise from the clubs at time, but it's not a problem! The rooms were cleaned, the hotel was clean with a great selection of food which was refreshing due to the healthiness of it! The drinks were great and I can't understand how anyone can complain about this hotel and the hospitality you experience from the food and beverage staff and the entertainment you experience from Sergio, there is never a dull moment! Will definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank LauraBournemouth

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kaunas, Lithuania
Reviewed May 13, 2012

excellent service, delicious food, good beach, spacious rooms with adequate facilities ... we were very satisfied and definitely we will return once more ....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ligituke
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

we were origionally booked to to The gumbert holiday beach hotel & im glad we were moved the the Sun club as the reviews for the Gumbert were awfull.
My friend and I payed just £213 each for tha all inclusive for a week, and we couldn't fault it.
the staff were very friendly, the food was nice, although deserts were a bit dodgy, & the pool was lovely & the rooms were fine.
yes the hotel is right in the centre of Gumbert and the music is loud untill 4/5 AM, however, if you are young you will be out till that time anyway, so whats the issue??
The hotel is also right on the beach front so you have a fantastic view every meal time.
We had a fantastic time here & I truely believe people only use this site to moan, so dont believe everything you read.
We will go back to this hotel for a holiday.

Room Tip: we asked for a 'nice room' & were given a fam,ily room, there was only 2 of us.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank RachelRakettechnoflo
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

As mentioned in previous comments, we too were mean't to stay in another hotel but were absolutely thrilled with the Sun Club Hotel, Gumbet. The food was typically Mediterranean buffet with ample variety and thankfully no sign of burger and chips anywhere!!. The staff were friendly and polite and not at all stingy with the alcohol as some all-inclusive deals. We even had all- inclusive on the last day. Entertainment with Sergio was great and very involving. The only thing that spoilt it was the moaning British holiday makers that were trying to compare a cheap holiday to Turkey with a Sandals resort...Seriously!!!. We too had an issue with the noise from the clubs but the hotel moved our room within 1 day without issue. Also the only thing that made us poorly was the vast qualities of alcohol that we had to consume simply to be polite, of course. Would definitely recommend this hotel right on the beach and we will definitely book for next year....

Room Tip: Request pool room eve time
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank EmletHickey
bucks
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed all inclusive here end April into may.. The room was small but clean and yes the showers were always cold.. Try showering earlier ;) The pool area was clean although we spent our time on the beach which was a stone throw.. The location was perfect.. Everything at hand.. The staff some helpful some not.. Don't expect much from reception. Their customer service wasn't great.. Entertainment... Well it was all down to one guy Sergio he tried with everyone young & old... Little star.. Friendly .. Lovely to us guests & tried to encourage all of us to join in and have a good time..
Dont be put off.. Although this hotel offers basic food & service.. For £250 I think it exceeded.. Remember you pay for what you get :-) happy holidays

• Stayed April 2012
London
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel all inclusive, though we should not have stayed here, we only found out we was staying here when we got to airport in bodrum. The hotel is very basic, our room was only cleaned properly twice, the food was vile we had to eat out , the staff were ok, some would be helpful, others just did not care or give guests any respect. We spoke to the manager who seemed nice enough though can't say he did much when we did complain. The bathroom was mouldy and dirty - shower was always cold, the beds were ok though I would suggest asking for an extra pillow, however we didn't get much sleep owing to close by clubs and bars music until 4 and sometimes 6am every night. In general - I would not go there for peace and quiet, decent food or all incusive as its money not well spent - the food made me badly twice - in the end we ate at near by hotel baba were there food was great. Shop around and avoid this hotel. Awful place.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank nottsLondon

Travelers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I only read reviews after booking my holiday. I was so shocked at the negative feedback that I took extra money out with me -if it was that bad I would certainly prepared to change hotels. What can i say i had a brilliant time; the staff were great- very friendly and helpful; we had quite a large room compared to others; air conditioning (free); rooms cleaned everyday. Meals were served on a roof terrace overlooking the bay-beautiful views. You cannot fault the location right on the beach and if you want to go clubbing then Bar Street is behind. I agree that it can be noisey so try and get a room close to pool and first floor. People have complained about the limited drinks well there is gin, vodka, beer red and white wine. Ok the wine is not to my taste but found the spirits ok. Georgio the entertainer was great fun - tried to engage everyone.The FOOD ok yes -it was a bit repetitive but still lots of choice -just very samey, although they did cook fresh omelettes and pancakes at breakfast on the terrace.

One reviewer even said they did not serve tea or coffee at breakfast which had me looking to buy a kettle before i went - not true you can drink tea or coffee all day long. It's true you get what you pay for but my experience well exceeded the cost of my holiday at £250 all inclusive including flights. If you want 5 star then you will have to pay for it-I'm back in Bodrum in September staying at one or the more upmarket 5* hotels costing me £1500 yes I expect it will be really nice but I am paying for that. Oh and I have travelled far and wide over many years so I do feel justified with my feedback.

Room Tip: Apparently the aparments are good but didn't get to see one
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank luanna w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Shark Club
#11 of 99 in Gumbet
The Best Life Hotel
The Best Life Hotel
#21 of 99 in Gumbet

Been to Hotel Sun Club? Share your experiences!