“Friendly”

Royal Palm Beach Hotel
Ranked #22 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel, were transferred from the sun club in bar street, found the hotel very friendly and you have to like chicken... Nice quite location, if you want more there is a nice walk along to the bars and shops, if I had to criticise, the hotel needs intertainment, not ten minutes two nights a week, if I was to come back to Gumbet, I would consider using this hotel again. Just a last point could do with balcolny furniture.

Room Tip: Pick a room over looking pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter B
Gio C N, General Manager at Royal Palm Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for your review. We are working very hard to make our guests comfortable and enjoy their vacation. Hope to see you next year!

Gio C Nur

There are newer reviews for Royal Palm Beach Hotel

Reviewed June 12, 2013

**all inclusive hrs are totally disappointing**

ive just come back after 7 days at this place.. im gona start by saying this would suit young people as its about 10mins away from the amazing night clubs and 5mins walk from a drink and smoke by the beach.

ive advised caution because this hotel didn't have a lift and most of the area is pretty steep and the road surface is very uneven soo anyone with issues walking should properly stay from Gumbet altogether.

we actually didn't even go the the beach that was with the hotel.. for one no one didn't show us which part of the beach was ours and to be honest we didn't even ask because the look of it was soo disappointing.

we went all inclusive and ended up missing all but 4 meal times and going out.. the food was okay but i really expected alot more choice.. cold coffee.. the all inclusive drinks come in a childs safety cup and its normally not even a full cup (the cheeky buggers)

the staff at this place are really lovely.. the girls on reception are helpful even the one who didn’t speak any English... i had to laugh as she would shout out “heyy” each time she wanted to get my attention.. kinda rude in come circles but hey, its all good (“,)

ask for Esa.. the hotels camera man.. he's a good guy and for about £5 a pic he’ll take some decent holiday pics of you. (defo recommended)

thanks for reading my review and i hope you have an amazing holiday..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank McMussa
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Having just returned from the royal palm beach i can honestly say what a shame, only because the hotel was lovely, staff were so polite but there was very little entertainment ( break dancers and belly dancing on two nights which lasted all of 20 mins each ) and the bar closed at 11 o clock and the all inclusive drinks were so limited, the food was disappointing most of the time not even a toasting grill for breakfast! the afternoon snacks which consisted of very dry cake and roll was just not worth bothering with unless you like feeding the birds! there was alot of Russian guests , which we feel the hotel catered for more especially in the evening with the music in the bar area ,which could get extremely loud. The area its self was lovely though , the beach was just a few mins walk and there's plenty of bars and cafe's and you can do day trips on the boats or water sports, if we go back it would be to another hotel.

Room Tip: rooms with balcony facing the pool are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Safety deposit boxes are not safe we learnt the hard way. We checked our wallets with our money in along with all personal possessions. A week later we went in the wallet to find £160 had gone, we made a plan to prove someone had been in. We put trainers in front of safety box, after both counting money and went down to the pool the next day. returned to find another £30 had gone. We were fuming they had violated our personal possessions and stole our money. Reception didn't believe us but i insisted i wanted police. What a waste of time they are not interested. Our rep was Turkish and didn't make a statement, we had to do it, he said he would fax it , he didn't. Another couple had £100 euro's stolen. They made us feel we were the criminals. We had to pay £80 for translator which we couldn't get back. The other couple had a camera facing their room the only person that went in was the male Turkish housekeeper. I feel this is a very serious crime which the hotel should be responsible for. It could have been happening a long time not many people check how much money they leave in or take out. They just take a small amount each day thinking you won't notice. We are told to get a safety deposit box for peace of mind. BE AWARE!!!!! Our holiday was ruined. Up to then it was OK.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beverley_Hirst
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I LOVED IT HERE! One of the best holidays I've been on! The hotel was very cleaned. There is a lot to do in the area and the day trips which you can do are very good for money! Done the Turkish Bath on the first day, I recommend.. Price was amazing and very nice and relaxing! The food was lovely and the staff there was very nice and treat you all very nicely! Right near the beach and lovely view from sea view/pool room! Rooms clean and a good size! Was amazing what I was getting for the price of an all inclusive hotel! Had no faults about anything I was getting which was included within the price! Definitely want to come here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SteffG1994
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have stayed at The Royal Palm Beach (or Royal Palm Area) as it was known many times with 3 other friends.We have just returned this week for our 4th visit and found it had changed hands & now even better !
All inclusive drinks are a little limited and snacks come out at 5pm so don't expect all day food like some Spanish Hotels ! To be honest the food is very good you won't miss wanting any snacks.This year there where BBQ most nights cooking Sea Bass,Lamb,Kebabs etc on top of other food in restaurant.
Pools are excellent sweet water ones so no nasty chlorine and beach is 60 sec walk and is also brilliant especially for kids.
Rooms are clean and views from pool view rooms is lovely but rear rooms are a little dark.

My biggest tip...If you want a Boat Trip, Free Turkish Bath Car Hire etc see my friend "Turkish Tony"
I've known Tony for 7 years and has become a very good friend he even has keys to my villa that's how much I trust him !
Tony has a travel agency called Med Blue which is just up Bar Street past Shakers Bar on left hand side.
You will pay silly money for a boat trip with your rep possibly £29.00 where as Tony will get you an all inclusive inc pick up from hotel for £19.00.
Back to the hotel.. the staff are very friendly and ones that are still there have become pretty much friends over the years.
You won't get a better hotel for the money in Gumbet we know we have stayed in both Fleapits and 4-5 Stars and choose to go back here.

Room Tip: Pool View Or Side Of Hotel Offers a Sea View ish Rooms With Twin Beds
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PlantPhoto
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went to gumbet for the first time this year with my friend. We are both 27 and were looking for a quiet week in the sunshine. After reading the reviews on here I was slightly worried about going to this hotel. However when we got there at mid night we were pleasantly surprised as the staff were very friendly and the room was lovely and clean.When we first ran the shower the water was brown but I don't think our room had been used since last year. I broke the hair dryers holder and this was replaced withing the day. If you are a fussy eater you may struggle with the food but I am not exactly adventurous with food and I managed to eat three good meals a day with no problem. The location was good as it was a stones throw from the beach and very frequent buses which were 3 tl to bodrum or gumbet but it was very easy to get around. The hotel had wifi in the lobby which was free which was handy to keep in contact with home. We went on two day trips to the Turkish spa and a boat trip both were very good. The pool was clean and pleasantly warm. There were two shops one on site and one just round the back which was handy for the ice cream and snacks. I would definitely go back to this hotel and would reccomend this hotel to anyone. I'd like to add again how friendly the staff were - by the end of the week they new our drinks with out us having to say a word and they work very hard and I'd like to thank them for a lovely week!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends