“hotel good, food shocking”
Review of Sunhill Hotel

Sunhill Hotel
Ranked #63 of 99 Hotels in Gumbet
“hotel good, food shocking”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

overall we had a great holiday at the sun hill, the staff, the area and weather are brilliant however the food seriously lets down this hotel.
the first night, we arrived around 2am, the air con was blowing but it wasnt cold air. after a sleepless first night. we told the man that cleans your room, he messed with the control then said 'service' a man came about ten minutes later, messed with the control, then said someone will come and fix it in half an hour. two hours later, still nobody had arrived, we rang reception and they said it would be fixed the next day. this made me want to cry, as from the heat in the room, and the sleepless night it had made me sick. we decided to go round the pool and tell our rep when we met him at 17.30 that night. the rep sorted it straight away with reception and within half an hour our air con was working, blowing beautifully cold air.
anyway, once that was fixed there was no quibbles other than the food.
since i was being sick we missed breakfast and headed down to the canteen for dinner. i wish we hadn't. the was no signs telling us what the food actually was! the only thing we recognized were chicken nuggets and chips which looked like they had been deep fried about 4 times.
luckily there are chips and burgers served around the pool which were nice enough!
we went down for dinner and there was kebabs and thats about it.
the choice for english people to eat at this hotel is limited which could be improved with the use of labels.
overall, we had one breakfast, one dinner and one tea and a few burgers, not enough for the all inclusive price we paid. we had to get more money out from a cash machine as we hadnt budgeted for dinner and breakfast out of the hotel. the drinks available are limited however the larger on draft is lovely.

advice for future bookers - dont go all inclusive, be aware that you can hear the nightlife from your hotel room, and ensure your air con works! we werent the only one with that problem!

1 Thank Howem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Worms, Germany
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Managers and staff very friendly, facilities very clean, really nice pool area. Near the bar street, beach and just a few meters away from the mini-bus that goes to Bodrum (hotel is located in Gumbet)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lourreto M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

sunhill hotel have a great time .lovely food,nice room,good entertainment team.everynight they have program like turkish night,break dance show,pool party,miss and mr sunhill,bendy man show,fire show ,popeye party,karaoke ,music quiz.i just want to come to visit sunhill hotel and enjoy guys!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my first family holiday abroad and also my first time in Turkey and what I can say is that we will deffo be going back. Sunhill hotel is lovely. the food is lovely and varied and not the same every night like some reviews have stated on here.
The hotel rooms are cleaned everyday and the cleaners are lovely they even put a different design on your bedsheets every day.
But its down to the staff at the hotel who really make your stay amazing. Sean who runs the gym and Turkish baths is lovely and really makes you feel welcome. Also I reccomend a Turkish bath to anyone because they are the most amazing thing you will ever experience in your life.
David is fab who works in the bar, always got a smile on his face :D.
Alex is amazing, he is the manager of the animation team and he really knows how to entertain you. 1-2-3 HA HA HA. He really does his job properly.
I will deffo be going back to Sunhill hotel in the future and just want to thank them for the best holiday I have ever been on.!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and seaview room 414.
2 Thank LyndseyB86
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was my first trip to Turkey with my girlfriend,we booked it last minute and didnt know what to expect as we hadnt done to much research, up on arrival we were greeted by our Rep Liam and hemade sure we arrived at the resort quickly and safely.

Once there we were surprised to see how well looked after and modern the bedrooms were with brillant facilites throughout.All facilities and staff were amazing and could not have asked forthem to give more, they went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time and enjoyed ourselves.

An additonal experience that we had at the hotel spa was a Turkish bath and massage, it was a new experience that i would recommend and at a reasonable price, Sean was more than helpful in arranging this appointment for us.

Extra thanks to the likes of Alex, sean, Photo Andy and the rest of the team for giving both myself and my other half a great experience.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room with a balcony,great experience
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went on holiday (5 family members including children) on the 27th May, for 1 week, and I SO wish it was longer!
The animation team was definitely the best about the holiday! Alex is amazing!
The hotel staff were ALL lovely and friendly and helpful, the rooms were nice and cleaned everyday by the maids.
The food was nice, you have a good variety to choose from, and the swimming pool was lovely too!
If you go down to the town market, I recommend going in the daytime, because at night time you get stopped every five seconds by people offering their bars to you to come in, but in daylight I would say there's less people asking you to talk to them.
I cant say how amazing it was, I would definitely go back and recommend for anyone to go!
I would like to thank Alex and everyone else for making the holiday the best we could have, they really made it an amazing holiday, and I miss it so much I almost cried when we had to leave!
The only bad thing I would say is the music from the other hotel is quite loud at night time, but apart from that the best holiday I have ever had!

I would ignore bad reviews on here, and focus on the good ones - they are probably just picky!
Thank you Alex for an amazing holiday!!

1 Thank Maddy T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

our flight arriving was late and we wanted to sleep as we was tired,we was tired,we got a nice welcoming at reception but then got a shock once we entered a room to this hotel the sofa bed was broken, there was blood on the door frame,the toilet seat was broken, the sink area was dirty, the plug sockets were loose.
however we contacted the thomas cook rep and made a complaint about the matter while showing the pictures, we got a room change.

our stay at the hotel:
firstly the food was disgusting my family and I found our sel's eating out everynight(we stayed for 7 nights)
China town is the best restaurant we ate out,the service there was very very good.
if you are looking for international cuisine even if it is for a day or so you will be very disappointed, they don't cater for all only turkish food is served(i do understand that it is a turkish country but if you was looking for something different day by day this is NOT the hotel for you)
The all inclusive package is okay but the snacks you get are cake and burgers and chips all day every day they don't change this at all.
Please be careful if you are travelling with children and they ask for burger and chips at the bar as the staff are very snappy.

Please read:
Please also keep a very close eye on your children by the pool, We had a experience of a Turkish boy pulling my youngest child in the pool trying to drown her, my daughter got very scared she came out of the pool to then be attacked by the boy's dad by slapping my daughter my daughter had marks on her arm from this guy we had to call police and this cost us 100 TL , we took a picture of this man so if you ever see him again please be careful of him.

overall this hotel is not for family's not only that this hotel is very disgusting overall if you have booked with this hotel I would like to advise you please book another hotel near by the stairs are though out the hotel if you don't like stairs this hotel is really not for you at all.

1 Thank Sweetpinky J

Travelers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Nova Suites Hotel -All Inclusive
Ayaz Aqua
Ayaz Aqua
#15 of 99 in Gumbet

Been to Sunhill Hotel? Share your experiences!