“Just amazing! Definatly has the wow factor!”
Review of WOW Bodrum Resort

WOW Bodrum Resort
Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stopped at this hotel last week for our Honeymoon and I can honestly say it was the best hotel we have stopped in. The hotel itself is huge! Food is great and the al carte ones are brilliant. Great views and food. As it was our honeymoon we had wine, fruit, chocolates and also a decorated bed when we arrived as well as breakfast brought to our room the next day. Pool is great. Lots of activities to do if you would like and the entertainment is good. Best was the beach party...what a laugh! I can say that we will be back with our little girl next time. I think I've put on a stone with all the lovely food. Its also only a short walk from the main resort of Gumbet (about 10-15 mins). Will be recommending to friends and family for sure :-) x

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Vickydablonde
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments about us. We are so pleased to know you had a memorable holiday. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. It will be a pleasure to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Have been to this hotel about 4 or 5 times now and just wish I could get back this year again. This hotel has everything for a perfect week in the sun. Ideally situated right on a secure beach and also handy to gumbet town centre. No hassle as its all inclusive and the all inclusive package is very extensive. Food and drink available well into the small hours! You can always find a sunbed somewhere on the beach although the pool can be a different matter. I'm not a pool person but I have noticed guests leaving towells on them all day unoccupied ...what's that all about?! The rooms are always immaculately clean and the cleaners are helpful and will not intrude. Great views from balconies, trees and flowers everywhere. The resort staff are all friendly and polite and are never stopped cleaning! Seems to be a Turkish thing as they always seem to be cleaning there! The restaurant whilst always busy, is always well stocked with fresh well cooked healthy food. Shouldn't be any complaints from the chip and burger brigade either as there are always chips available as well as pizza etc. the wines always decent which is a surprise as can get some dodgy ones in turkey! Love this hotel and will def be back. One tip...do a deal with the spa staff..you can always get a better price. Oh and it's not really great for those with walking difficulties due to the amount of steps.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sharon M
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Got back from WOW on the 2nd of July was there for a week with my Girl Friend.
Can honestly say this is the best holiday of my life and will defo be returning in the future.
The food was awesome used the main resturaunt every night apart from 1 when we went to Italian it was amazing. All the staff are top notch, animation team are full of energy get everyone going there shows are well good.
Only advice I would give you is book all stuff like Turkish baths, days out in town cause we got ripped off in hotel got charged 220 lira for Turkish bath and massage in the hotel then next day went out shopping and found out we could get it in a great place not far from hotel for 17 lira each was gutted. But we've learned from our mistake for next time.
All in all WOW really is the place to be thank you so much for making it the time of my life :)

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank James_Dundee

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 1 week last month. When we discovered the complex we were surprised because it's so huge. The staff in the hotel was great and friendly, the service is very good. Our room was very clean and we slept very good, without any noise from outside. Wow Bodrum has great swimming pools but it was very difficult to get a chair at the main pool! Most of the people just put their towel at a chair and don't use it for hours! The food was okay but maybe a little bit more variation is welcome. The cocktails were very good :-) The location of the hotel is excellent, it's close to bars, shops, the beach, a water park and even Bodrum city isn't that far away. The animation team and shows were very nice. So it has everything you need for an great holiday!

6  Thank Oliverrrrr

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your nice comments. It is great to hear that you had a memorable holiday. It was a pleasure serving you and will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just returned from 10 days at the WOW and our initial reaction to the location from our room was ... WOW. Great views over Gumbet bay. We were in room 4133 and this gave great views as well as ideally located to all areas. One downside was the noise in and around the place throughout the night. This was because of the individual style rooms and everything seemed to be amplified. Nevertheless, this did not detract from the enjoyment of the time spent there, despite sleepy eyes the following morning !!

The room sizes were not the biggest in fairness for a place of this quality and this was highlighted by others who had children with them. Fortunately for us, this was not an issue.

Due to the location of the hotel, I would think twice about whether this is the right place if you or any of your party have mobility issues, There are lifts down to the beach and to the restaurant areas, but I personally would not recommend for maximum enjoyment.

Negatives out of the way, we had a an excellent time there and would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to others.We spent our days relaxing on one of the jetty's on the beach and had no issues securing a bed in the place we wanted to be... Perfect location !!

Visited a couple of the a la carte restaurants (Mediterranean & Italian) and these were a nice alternative to the buffet restaurant, which incidentally was very good. Staff always very friendly and having visited Turkey on 5 occasions in the past 4 years, we were pleasantly surprised by the number of people from this country and did not feel in the minority compared to other places. I have highlighted this only, because the staff were not disrespectful to English speakers, as opposed to our experiences in the Antalya region.

I am not going to repeat what others have said about the hotel, only to say that Gumbet as a place was lovely and within easy reach of the hotel by foot or taxi. The hotel itself, the staff and the location are excellent and we would definitely recommend the WOW to others and although we generally look for somewhere different to go each year, I would have no hesitation in returning here in the future. :-)

Room Tip: Higher the better for the best view !
4  Thank sc1fc

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great comments about us. It was a pleasure for us to serve you. I will pass your comments to all our staff as there is no greater motivation than your words. It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 17th -24th June as a party of 6 adults.We arrived late at night but check in was swift and our luggage was taken straight to our rooms by staff. When we saw the room i was Surprisingly pleased as i had read reviews before booking and knew people had said they were dated. However everything was immaculately clean and wine and chocolates were supplied. The safe was also free to use which is good as other hotels normally charge. As it was dark when we arrived we were unable to see any real view from our balcony but when morning came we woke up a beautiful view of Gumbet bay. I would definately request a higher floor room as the other people in our party had lower floor rooms and the only view they had was another balcony opposite. The resort itself is fantastic. I have stayed in Gumbet before at the Parkim Ayaz hotel but this hotel is in a different league. The staff are really friendly and polite and will go out of their way to help.
The hotel is set in blocks of rooms and there is a particularly steep slope to negotiate where our room was (5631) so this may not be suitable for anyone with walking difficulties.
The pool was great but a lot of reserving sunbeds still went on and we knew people who were getting up at half 6 just to secure their place! the relax pool near our room was a much better option as there was always loungers available and was alot quieter.
The food was amazing and we ate in the A la carte restaurants which you need to book on the day and we didn't have any problems making a reservation. The Turkish restaurant was fab. It was a member of our party's birthday this night and they came over to the table singing happy birthday and playing instruments! We also dined in the italian and mediterranean restaurants which were also great and Ibrahim who worked in the italian restaurant was fab and so funny. We also booked a BBQ which we had to pay approx £6 each for but well worth it. The table was set out on the beach right next to the shore. The waiter supplied the 2 massive platters of meat which we barbequed ourselves and also provided bread, salad and drinks a plentiful. It was a great evening.
We spent most of our evenings around the main pool and windmill bar. The waiters work really hard and would remember what drinks you were having and replenish them without asking and bring bowls of olives, nuts and cheese to snack on. A special mention to Huseyin, he was our favourite waiter and worked so hard and was always smiling and polite.
The main restaurant always had a great selection of food and i would defy anybody to struggle to find anything to eat here. The selection was great and very fresh.
We also spent a day at the pavillion which was when we hired a lovely "beach hut" on the jetty. it was a nice treat to chill out with no interupptions apart from when lunch was served and offers of more drinks. The waiter worked really hard going back and forth to the restaurants to bring drinks and food and nothing was too much trouble.
In summary this hotel has so much to offer and i was really impressed. The staff are great, food great,and the hotel is immaculate. I would recommend this to anyone and look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room for lovely views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank 620shell

Reviewed July 3, 2013

just came bk from here on tue 2nd July with my bf for a week. it was amazing :) met all my expectations, and nothing to complain about regarding resort itself, staff are amazing, animation team are fab and the bell boy nikos was excellent. we only visted one restaurant while there and I would highly recommend the Italian one, staff so nice, quick, always topping your drink up and food was amazing :). and in the main buffet restaurant it was same staff very helpful, lots and lots of choice so u wudnt go hungry and something for everything I loved everything here and im one fussy eater. only thing I would say to people is do not book threw Thomas cook for excursions we did and found out later that we could of got it 1/3 price. we done the Turkish bath within the hotel and a 30min massage after it was amazing but cost us 220 lira for 2 ppl and later found out we coulda went somewhere else for same thing and would only of cost 17 lira each so a major difference in price so watch out. highly recommend trip to Kos I loved this and also dream girls I havent laughed so hard in along time this was one great show :) worth every penny. would 100% go back to this resort it was just amazing :) :)

1  Thank Sarah H

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments. I will pass your comments to our animation team and to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards, Bade

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Royal Asarlik Beach
#1 of 98 in Bodrum City
Tropicana Beach Hotel
Tropicana Beach Hotel
#2 of 101 in Gumbet

Been to WOW Bodrum Resort? Share your experiences!