“Great holiday!”

Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Belgium
“Great holiday!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 1 week last month. When we discovered the complex we were surprised because it's so huge. The staff in the hotel was great and friendly, the service is very good. Our room was very clean and we slept very good, without any noise from outside. Wow Bodrum has great swimming pools but it was very difficult to get a chair at the main pool! Most of the people just put their towel at a chair and don't use it for hours! The food was okay but maybe a little bit more variation is welcome. The cocktails were very good :-) The location of the hotel is excellent, it's close to bars, shops, the beach, a water park and even Bodrum city isn't that far away. The animation team and shows were very nice. So it has everything you need for an great holiday!

6 Thank Oliverrrrr
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your nice comments. It is great to hear that you had a memorable holiday. It was a pleasure serving you and will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
essex
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just returned from 10 days at the WOW and our initial reaction to the location from our room was ... WOW. Great views over Gumbet bay. We were in room 4133 and this gave great views as well as ideally located to all areas. One downside was the noise in and around the place throughout the night. This was because of the individual style rooms and everything seemed to be amplified. Nevertheless, this did not detract from the enjoyment of the time spent there, despite sleepy eyes the following morning !!

The room sizes were not the biggest in fairness for a place of this quality and this was highlighted by others who had children with them. Fortunately for us, this was not an issue.

Due to the location of the hotel, I would think twice about whether this is the right place if you or any of your party have mobility issues, There are lifts down to the beach and to the restaurant areas, but I personally would not recommend for maximum enjoyment.

Negatives out of the way, we had a an excellent time there and would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to others.We spent our days relaxing on one of the jetty's on the beach and had no issues securing a bed in the place we wanted to be... Perfect location !!

Visited a couple of the a la carte restaurants (Mediterranean & Italian) and these were a nice alternative to the buffet restaurant, which incidentally was very good. Staff always very friendly and having visited Turkey on 5 occasions in the past 4 years, we were pleasantly surprised by the number of people from this country and did not feel in the minority compared to other places. I have highlighted this only, because the staff were not disrespectful to English speakers, as opposed to our experiences in the Antalya region.

I am not going to repeat what others have said about the hotel, only to say that Gumbet as a place was lovely and within easy reach of the hotel by foot or taxi. The hotel itself, the staff and the location are excellent and we would definitely recommend the WOW to others and although we generally look for somewhere different to go each year, I would have no hesitation in returning here in the future. :-)

Room Tip: Higher the better for the best view !
4 Thank sc1fc
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great comments about us. It was a pleasure for us to serve you. I will pass your comments to all our staff as there is no greater motivation than your words. It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 17th -24th June as a party of 6 adults.We arrived late at night but check in was swift and our luggage was taken straight to our rooms by staff. When we saw the room i was Surprisingly pleased as i had read reviews before booking and knew people had said they were dated. However everything was immaculately clean and wine and chocolates were supplied. The safe was also free to use which is good as other hotels normally charge. As it was dark when we arrived we were unable to see any real view from our balcony but when morning came we woke up a beautiful view of Gumbet bay. I would definately request a higher floor room as the other people in our party had lower floor rooms and the only view they had was another balcony opposite. The resort itself is fantastic. I have stayed in Gumbet before at the Parkim Ayaz hotel but this hotel is in a different league. The staff are really friendly and polite and will go out of their way to help.
The hotel is set in blocks of rooms and there is a particularly steep slope to negotiate where our room was (5631) so this may not be suitable for anyone with walking difficulties.
The pool was great but a lot of reserving sunbeds still went on and we knew people who were getting up at half 6 just to secure their place! the relax pool near our room was a much better option as there was always loungers available and was alot quieter.
The food was amazing and we ate in the A la carte restaurants which you need to book on the day and we didn't have any problems making a reservation. The Turkish restaurant was fab. It was a member of our party's birthday this night and they came over to the table singing happy birthday and playing instruments! We also dined in the italian and mediterranean restaurants which were also great and Ibrahim who worked in the italian restaurant was fab and so funny. We also booked a BBQ which we had to pay approx £6 each for but well worth it. The table was set out on the beach right next to the shore. The waiter supplied the 2 massive platters of meat which we barbequed ourselves and also provided bread, salad and drinks a plentiful. It was a great evening.
We spent most of our evenings around the main pool and windmill bar. The waiters work really hard and would remember what drinks you were having and replenish them without asking and bring bowls of olives, nuts and cheese to snack on. A special mention to Huseyin, he was our favourite waiter and worked so hard and was always smiling and polite.
The main restaurant always had a great selection of food and i would defy anybody to struggle to find anything to eat here. The selection was great and very fresh.
We also spent a day at the pavillion which was when we hired a lovely "beach hut" on the jetty. it was a nice treat to chill out with no interupptions apart from when lunch was served and offers of more drinks. The waiter worked really hard going back and forth to the restaurants to bring drinks and food and nothing was too much trouble.
In summary this hotel has so much to offer and i was really impressed. The staff are great, food great,and the hotel is immaculate. I would recommend this to anyone and look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room for lovely views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank 620shell
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments about us. We are so pleased to know you had a memorable holiday. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. It will be a pleasure to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

just came bk from here on tue 2nd July with my bf for a week. it was amazing :) met all my expectations, and nothing to complain about regarding resort itself, staff are amazing, animation team are fab and the bell boy nikos was excellent. we only visted one restaurant while there and I would highly recommend the Italian one, staff so nice, quick, always topping your drink up and food was amazing :). and in the main buffet restaurant it was same staff very helpful, lots and lots of choice so u wudnt go hungry and something for everything I loved everything here and im one fussy eater. only thing I would say to people is do not book threw Thomas cook for excursions we did and found out later that we could of got it 1/3 price. we done the Turkish bath within the hotel and a 30min massage after it was amazing but cost us 220 lira for 2 ppl and later found out we coulda went somewhere else for same thing and would only of cost 17 lira each so a major difference in price so watch out. highly recommend trip to Kos I loved this and also dream girls I havent laughed so hard in along time this was one great show :) worth every penny. would 100% go back to this resort it was just amazing :) :)

1 Thank Sarah H
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments. I will pass your comments to our animation team and to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards, Bade
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just got back from turkey this morning with my gf. All i can say is this hotel was top notch..when we landed and got to the hotel it was late, we were welcomed and the check in was straight forward and easy, given our keys off we went. The complex is huge so a couple of wron turns but got there. If i am honest i was a bit let down with the room at first, they are dated, and also we had a twin room. But it was clean, and when you think about it you only sleep in it and dont see much of it so i got over that quite quick, the two singles was sorted when we went for a wander check a bit of the hotel, got back in and was made in to a double, 1am in morning the rooms are 6/10 i would say. Food throughout the holiday was amazing and not one complaint about it, snacks or meals anything they were awesome. The only thing i was gutted about is that you can only book out the restaurants once and they were that good i wanted to go to them more haha...10/10 for the food.... facilities and staff more so the endless enthusiasim and effort the animation staff put in is amazing they are a credit to the hotel, overall 10/10. If your a couple or a group, family this hotel has it. Me and the Gf are going back next year, this is how much we rate it. Oh and to any one who doesnt try out the pavillions on the pier are mad, not freally for families, but its total chill out and your treat like royalty, this is charged at 25 uk pound but worth every penny. And a huge shout out to Ali he is the barber there and is such a great person, such a laugh if your going make sure you see him. Hope this helps with your decision, and if you pick this hotel its just as good of a experiance.

Room Tip: try getting one near the beach front, quiet and great location
2 Thank doddy10uk
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in October 2012 for 1 week. And before I came I read some bad reviews and was very put off, but as soon as we got there we was seen to straight away someone who worked there grabbed our luggage and taken them to our rooms. I think it was about 11 at night when we arrived we went and got freshened up and had a walk round the complex in the main dining room they was serving little snacks which was great because we was hungry they had soups, salads, breads and fruits. We went and then had a drink in the lobby bar the only downfall on drinks is there wasn't a propa cocktail drink menu but they practically served anything you wanted! The rooms are really clean and spacious yes they do need a little updating but I don't go on holiday to sit in my room so I was fine.The pool area is great very clean and a great atmosphere and mid day they served snacks like pastries and toasties which is good if you had breakfast but skipped dinner. Food the main restaurant is fab plenty to choose from breakfast was really really nice so was dinner and also was tea time fresh sea food and meat lots of deserts. The Italian was my favourite restaurant I used to go every dinner time everything on the menu was amazing we met a few other couples and we all loved it by far the best although we never managed to get in the italian at evening which was abit of a pain, we went to the meditarannen one night don't go there if you don't like fish because that's all they do really. The staff at the hotel are great they was all very helpful and friendly and also the animation team were really good always doing activitys day and night and the shows at night were really good aswel. The beach is also really nice especially the cabanas on the pier we went when it was out of season so we didn't pay for them we heard in season you have too but you get a waiter bringing you drinks which is great as it is abit of a mission to get some drinks so I'd defiantly recommend a cabana if you want to chill out in peace. Also go in Bodrum market really nice stuff to buy. I've read some people said it was really annoying with the shop keepers trying to get you in and get you to buy stuff I personally have found this in most places I've been abroad so it doesn't bother me I just ignore them. There is some nice restaurants and bars aswell in Gumbet and Bodrum. Also the salon in the hotel is really good you have to pay for the treatments but I had a pedicure and eyebrow thread came to 25 lira and was really happy with them. Free wifi in the lobby and free wifi at the pool bar you do have to get your pin code for the wifi at the reception in the lobby. There's a shop in the hotel near the pool bar I personally thought it was pretty exspensive in the day 20 Marlborough are 12 lira and there 18 lira at night so either get them front the airport or go into Gumbet or Bodrum because there like 6 lira also I found the alcohol in Gumbet and Bodrum shops not that cheap so I got some from airport which was defiantly cheaper! All in all it was a fantastic holiday staff was great food was great location was great all the hotel is nice and clean and I've already been looking to go back this September we met a couple there and we're still in touch and they have booked back in September also. I defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone. Enjoy :)

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Jess201
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards, Bade
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed for a week with my sister in early June, which was definitely a good time to visit as the hotel is quiet, staff are pleased to see you and the weather is perfect. We paid around £550 for a standard room, including flights and transfers.

The Hotel is perfectly laid-out to give beautiful views over Gumbet bay from practically everywhere, whilst everything being within an easy walk (although I agree that anyone with walking difficulties would struggle). Main restaurant was great, always a good choice and with plenty of Turkish dishes which was nice to see. We really enjoyed the Turkish and Italian restaurants, the Mediterranean restaurant was nice but not to the same standard. Bars were fine, cocktails a little strong for my taste but also served plenty of lovely Turkish apple tea which is definitely a must-try! The staff are friendly and helpful, in particular the lovely lady at the ice-cream/patisserie! However, we did feel a little pestered by the staff from the spa, who came along the beach trying to sell treatments and didn't really want to take no for an answer!

The rooms do look dated (which we actually quite liked, more memorable!) but are spotlessly clean and the A/C is plenty powerful enough. The only niggle we had would be that the housekeeper that took away towels wasn't always the same person that provided new ones, so we were left towel-less for a couple of hours a few times, but not a major issue as beach towels are provided too!

Beach was great; clean, sheltered water, a lovely continuous sea-breeze, and plenty of sunbeds (although I can imagine there may be a bit more competition in peak season). We didn't actually use the pool in the end as it filled up very early and the beach was really much nicer.

The location is great, it's right at the end of the bay so very peaceful, yet still an easy 10 minute walk to Gumbet. We ventured into Gumbet once but there didn't seem to be a lot there. We took a bus into Bodrum for 3TL however, which was well worth doing. Lots of grand yachts, nice shops and cafes, and the castle is definitely worth visiting. We also took a boat trip which we booked from Forget-Me-Not Tours along the beachfront into Gumbet, which was a fantastic day out (and also considerably cheaper than booking through tour reps such as Thomas Cook, despite ending up on exactly the same boat!)

Overall, a fantastic week at Wow and would thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Katie E
Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments. You can be assured that we will always keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. It was a pleasure and will be an honor to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Royal Asarlik Beach
#2 of 101 in Gumbet
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to WOW Bodrum Resort? Share your experiences!