“WOW definatley describes this resort!”
Review of WOW Bodrum Resort

WOW Bodrum Resort
Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This does exactly what it says WOW. The hotel was exceptional, it was our first family holiday, me, my partner and 2 children(8 yr& 3 yr old) they catered for everyone. The animation team were fantastic, the hotel staff were amazing and very friendly. The food was great especially the Italian a la carte. Everything is kept so clean. The entertainment at night was great especially the beach party,something for everyone. The pool was fab especially having a kids pool. the beach was perfect, lovely crystal clear sea and always kept clean . We will definatley be returning. We had nothing at all to complain about. A massive thank you to WOW BODRUM RESORT for making our first holiday away so special. I would recommend this place to anyone of any age.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank abiwhitwoo
badeoral, Guest Relations Manager at WOW Bodrum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here, so please do not hesitate to contact me from badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you again. Best regards, Bade

There are newer reviews for WOW Bodrum Resort

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just returned froma great week at wow Bodrum. The food was amazing every day, there was always so much to choose from. Each day there was show cooking and carvery sections along with all the regular foods, salads, fruits etc. There are 3 specialty restaurants, Italian, Turkish and mediterranean. We ate at both Turkish and Italian and both were good but we did prefer the buffet restaurant overall. The pool area was very nice and clean and sunbeds were never a problem any time of day even on the beach and the jettys. The waiters were very good and filled your glasses before they were even empty. Rooms were clean although they could do with updating but they were fine. The animation team worked very hard and did try and get you to participate but they never persisted if you said no. We stayed in room 7834 which was on the very back row and had an amazing sea view. It was quite a noisy room as traffic runs past the back of the row and some disco music could also be heard from somewhere in the distance but take earplugs and you won't notice. Also a turkish bath and massage is a must, it costs £70 for a couple and lasts over an hour with the massage but what an amazing experience! Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms will mainly have a sea view and rooms beginning with a 5 a right by the pool area
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your nice comments. It is great to hear that you had a memorable holiday. It was a pleasure serving you and will be an honor to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed September 26, 2012

we have just returned from this hotel, and could not find any fault at all, the rooms where so clean, enough space for luggage, deco? who cares about the colour no one is in long enough to bother.
animation team, its not really our 'thing' but suprisinley enough my husband got up (been married 23yrs and he has never done anything like this before). where excellent, very lively, full of fun, very friendly, they did not force you into anything you didn;t want to do, nor did they pester you, a simple "no" was enough, They where funny, a delight to watch, and involved all ages in their games.
Food, we had the al a carte meals at Italian and turkish, the Italian was lovely, the turkish was nice, but I wasn't to keen on the food on the table before we got there, some tables had food on their for 45 mins before guests came in. A cat came and jumped up to next to me, which not liking cats, made me leave before dessert, some of the family stayed though. The Amadeus restaurant was first class, plenty of choice, friendly waiters, even fussy eaters can find plenty, and very clean.
Pools: we went to the relax pool which was very nice, very quiet, the main pool where we didn't have a problem finding sun beds, great views, very clean, toliets, showers, and pool bars close by. we went to the water park, had the place to ourselves, the blue slide was our favourite.
We didn't get a late check out, we put our luggage in baggage lock up, spent day at pool and used the sauna showers to change.
We got a photo shoot, in fact I got 20 photos, album, disc, and a 20cm x30cm for £100,( as I had bought some photos the day before) otherwise they are 17TL each, or £6 each, as I love photography this to me was worthwhile but might not be for everyone.
I got in touch with Mrs Oral, before we went to hotel and requested rooms as close together as possible, and a sea view if possible, our room where next to each other, with sea views.
Serkan and the young lady in quest relations gave me good tips for shopping in Bodrum, in all this hotel was fantastic, all staff from cleaners, to waiters, bell boys, guest relations where friendly, helpful, and did an excellent job of keeping this hotel clean, and guests happy. I would visit this hotel again and recommend it to anyone.

Thomas Cook trips, we took trips with this company to Ephesus, and Kos.
Ephesus trip, got collected at 6.15am, returned 6pm, spent 1hr 45 mins at Ephesus, the rest of the time we got took to a pottery shop, turkish delight shop, a dirty cafe by a lake, beautiful ,restaurant for lunch. we paid £192, for 4 of us, we would liked to have spent longer at Ephesus,so this trip is not worth the money unless you could spend more time there, we didn't get to see all of the site, which was annoying.
HOWEVER, this is nothing to do with the hotel it was Thomas Cook trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments. You can be assured that we will always keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. It was a pleasure and will be an honor to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me again for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel has simply got it right! Just returned from a week's stay at the WOW and couldn't fault the place. I could easily go as far as saying it's one of the best hotels my husband and I have ever stayed in! The food was superb - what a fantastic choice at all mealtimes! The bars and in particular the waiter service were fantastic. The view in the evening from the terrace outside the lobby bar across Gumbet bay was simply stunning! We tend to shy away from animation teams and silly antics round the pool, but the WOW's animation team were a joy to behold - so funny at times! If you don't want to join in the fun then that's ok with them, they'll leave you alone - but it's good to watch their antics round the pool! We found all the hotel staff to be dedicated and hardworking, they simply couldn't do enough for people. Ok, so the rooms might be due for a bit of renovation but what's the issue when they are kept so beautifully clean? If you are considering staying at this hotel, then my advice to you is to ignore the petty comments some people make and go ahead and book it, if you do you'll,be extremely pleased you did! We shall most definitely return to this amazing hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LandK28

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great comments about us. It was a pleasure for us to serve you. I will pass your comments to all our staff as there is no greater motivation than your words. It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me by badeoral@wowbodrum.com for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just returned from a fantastic week at this hotel. What a stunning hotel, lovely set out with fantastic views and fantastic food. The main restaurant is outstanding for choice, was never disappointed. The 3 a la carte restaurants were also good, but my favourite was the Amadeus. The staff are so helpful and freindly, they couldn't do enough. The animation team were amazing, never failed to make us laugh. Within half hour walk of Gumbet and a half hour bus ride to the beautiful Bodrum. Will hopefully be going back about this time next year.

Room Tip: The rooms were set out on many levels so be prepared for steps or a small, but very steep slope.
2  Thank Wendy K

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your compliments about us. We are so pleased to know you had a memorable holiday. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. It will be a pleasure to welcome you here for a memorable WOW Bodrum Resort holiday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further help for your future vacations. Best regards, Bade badeoral@wowbodrum.com

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just returned from a week here. Transfer is about an hour from airport on a shared bus. It does travel all the way through Bodrum & Gumbet and after seeing both of these you really wouldn't want to visit them again. It reminded me very much of a cheap Spanish resort with no end of junky bars and restaurants all doing 'English Breakfast' for 2 quid and beer for 80p. If you're on a tight budget there are actually some very nice looking 'apart hotels' with great views in these areas and I'm sure you'd have a nice time, but not really our thing.

The entrance is impressive and check-in was painless. Rooms are laid out in small three story blocks. Ours was on the bottom floor not far from the reception / main building. I’ve read several reviews saying that this hotel is ‘massive’, it isn’t. If you’ve ever stayed in a hotel in Antalya or Fethiye these are far bigger and can have you walking for miles. In this place all the rooms are fairly easy to get to, there are quite a lot of steps and slopes though. There are a couple of lifts, but even taking these you will still have to do some climbing.

The basic layout is the reception building has a 24 hour bar (and a Jewellery shop, which opened at very odd hours, 1AM once), with a lovely terrace that overlooks the Aegean. There is waiter service and you can order anything from a coffee to various cocktails. Below this level is the main (buffet) restaurant, and then under this level was the main swimming pool and pool bar area. The opposite end of the pool was another bar ‘Windmill’ and below this was the amphitheatre and the disco. There are also three other restaurants, an Italian, a Turkish and a Mediterranean. If you go down another level you then have a water park with a couple of slides and the beach. So there is quite a lot of it, but it’s just all on top of each other rather than spread out.

The rooms: Have to concur with what everyone really has already said, they need a bit of TLC. They are clean but our carpet had stains on it and the grout in the bathroom needed some serious redoing. They did have individual air conditioning though, but that only worked when your key was in the switch, so the room could become quite hot during the day and then take a while to cool down. We had a mini fridge that contained one beer, bottle of water and Pepsi. This was refilled daily although on one occasion it wasn’t filled at all. There was enough wardrobe hanging space to stay for six months. Lighting was fine, beds were okay, but quite lumpy in places. You have to take pot luck in you’re neighbours though as you will hear every move they make and one of mine insisted on watching the German breakfast news at 6:30AM, I’m sure he didn’t actually have the volume up very loud, but you could hear every word of it. Room choice, well, I wouldn’t recommend one by the pool, although the view may be nice, you won’t be going to sleep before about 3AM due to all the noise coming from the bay. The hotel’s pool bar doesn’t finish until 1AM, after that time walking round the various blocks all was pretty quiet.

The food: Breakfast was buffet style in the main restaurant, I only made it a couple of times as I’m not an early riser and it’s all over by 10 (It’s open until 10:30, but there isn’t anything left by then). Plenty of cooked items, lots of salad, usual massive queue for anything that involved a toaster and an even bigger one if you wanted to squeeze your own orange juice. There were a few chefs cooking omelettes on demand and plenty of boiled eggs. No pastries to speak of, and the cereal selection was appalling. Lunch, again in the buffet restaurant it was very similar fare to breakfast but with the addition of chips and fried chicken, there was I think actually more available for lunch than there was for dinner, for example there were several lots of stir-frying going on and a good selection of both hot and cold offerings. Lunch was also available at the Italian, which consisted of a snack menu with various pizzas, spaghetti, burgers and salads. I tried a few of these and with table service it was all very good. Lunch and pastries were also available at a couple of the other restaurants but we didn’t try these. On to dinner, this was my major disappointment in the main restaurant, there seemed to be plenty of variety, but nothing I really wanted to eat. There were vast amounts of salad, fresh fruit, grapes, bread and soup. The rest was then taken up with six main hot meals, which usually consisted of something like Turkey curry or chicken stuffed with something. Everything had rice, usually several different types. Lots of fried veg as well. Outside there was always something being fried, usually kebab or chicken wings, I don’t know where they get their chickens from, but I wished they’d fed them first, you’d be very lucky to find much chicken on them. There were always a selection of pasta’s, also a small ‘diet selection’, which was the main selection without the sauces. Sweet selection is the smallest I’ve seen at any hotel I’ve been to, also no cheese and biscuits. I don’t think I had one decent meal in the buffet restaurant. But thankfully there is a saviour, the other three restaurants are fabulous, you really wouldn’t believe you are in the same hotel. All waiter service, all a la carte. Italian had a nice selection of dishes and sweets. Turkish, again a nice selection with a whole host of appetisers and some lovely mains, although the ‘hot and spicy’, was ‘warm and mild’. The Mediterranean restaurant you were introduced to all of the fish (not in that way) and could choose which one, the fish were nicely cooked but I would have liked the option for seasoning or to have it blackened, it was a bit bland. You can only eat these restaurants once per week stay, which is a great shame.

Pool area: First day we were there it was very busy and had a problem getting a sun bed, after that it seemed to settle down and we no issue at all, we stayed over by the ‘animation’ hut which seemed to catch the sun until late afternoon. You will be blasted by 80’s music (and not the best part of the 80’s either). There is a bar and toilets within easy reach.

Animation and entertainment: I’m not a big lover of animation teams and they always get top points from me if after I say ‘no’ they just vanish. I know some people love them and join in with everything but I usually prefer to just read, my life is hectic enough without having to throw a basketball through a hoop while on a surfboard. Thankfully this animation team was great, when I did take part in something (I did the shooting), they were very fun and very professional and everyone had a good time. If you’re after this with all the activities then you’ll do fine. Entertainment wise, we looked into a couple of the evening shows, to be honest they looked pretty awful quality, even the ‘bought in’ ones looked very low budget. I’m sure when it’s more ‘in season’ they make a bit more of an effort. This was reflected in the amphitheatre being never more than quarter full. Evening entertainment wise, there were a couple of actually really quite good live acts over at the Windmill bar, playing for an hour or so. There was also some truly awful Karoke. We spent every night at the pool bar, this contained the hotels best asset, and his name is Ayhan. My beer glass never remained empty for more than about ten seconds, his service was amazing and is a great asset to the hotel. It wasn’t just special for me he was very attentive to all the guests with always polite and prompt service.

Spa: ‘Mike’ came round the first day we were there, his sales patter is well worth listening too, especially later in the week when he’s trying to sell massages and Turkish baths as he’s then surrounded by previous clients who he calls on, makes his job so much easier. Anyway, we had the Turkish bath and massage and it was lovely, we must have been there about two and half hours total and it cost me less than a normal sports massage at the gym. Spa was very clean, with very nice staff, well worth treating yourself on this one.

So in conclusion, I can’t comment on the beach, the water sports or the other activities, as we didn’t use them. Room selection is bit potluck, but hopefully you won’t be spending too much time in there anyway. Don’t bother going into Bodrum, it’s awful (I did actually venture out and walk all the way to the other side of the bay and up the mountain as I was intrigued by the white towers there, they turned out to be the remains of windmills, there is a preserved one there as well. Well worth the walk but it’s a couple of hours round trip from the hotel.) Eat in the speciality restaurants, they are great, sit in the pool bar and watch the stars, the view across the bay is amazing and enjoy the fantastic service. If you join in the activities I’m sure you’ll have fun. Hopefully you’ll find something in the main restaurant that takes your fancy. Would I recommend it? Yes, it’s easily the best in the area. Would I go again? Probably not, there are better in Turkey and some are cheaper too.

Room Tip: Avoid anything too close to the pool.
4  Thank Tim-Jamie

Dear our guest, thank you very much for all your great compliments. I will pass your comments to all our staff as this is the greatest motivation for all of us. You can be assured that we will keep on working hard to deserve those nice words. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you here. Best regards, Bade

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

just arrived back after 1 week at the wow resort. The best hotel ive ever stayed in.
i will defenitly be going back with my daughter. If you have kids the animation team are outstanding.
Hotel is beautiful, there are alot of steps but also alot of lifts to accomodate for people. the rooms are basic, bit clean and tidy... we stayed in room 5534 which had a stunning sea view.
food was amazing, waiter service in every resturant, even tho its buffet style all u can eat, the waiters were offering drinks etc.
i recommend the italian ala carte resturant, the food and service was amazing.
if you are lucky enough to be there for the beach party its well worth attending.
overall i give this hotel 10/10 for food service and entertainment. its by far the best hotel ive ever been. you will not be dissappointed :-) see you next year WOW!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank steph m

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Royal Asarlik Beach
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City
Tropicana Beach Hotel
Tropicana Beach Hotel
#2 of 101 in Gumbet

Been to WOW Bodrum Resort? Share your experiences!