Club Hotel Flora
$35
$40
$40
Hotels.com
Queen Resort Hotel(Gumbet)(Great Value!)
$34
$144
$111
$92
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschickenbar streetcleaned every dayturkeysmall hotelnext yearbeach frontboiled eggsair conditioninggood nights sleeptwo weeksfew minutes walkbars and restaurantspool area isgulbodrumholiday
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks at flora!! When I read the reviews about it on here I was a little apprehensive but upon arrival I was to say the least pleasantly suprised!! Rooms very clean, typically turkish, however cleaned everyday. Pool is great, sunbeds wassnt a problem and if u did struggle cushions r available! Bar staff r great, myself and my friend both 26 had a great laugh with them inparticular arman and feret! The previous comments about ozzy im sad to say are true however for all you newbies he im happy to say was sacked while we were there im sure as a result of the previous comment which we witnessed!!! All in all flora is great, ideally located to shops, bar street, beach and tavernas!! Get me bk plz!! :(

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank geordie1985
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have just returned from a fab holiday at this lovely hotel. I went with my daughter-in-law and my 2 grandchildren.

The hotel has a lovely atmosphere with the rooms around the amazing pool. The sunbed situation never bothered us. We got some on the first day of our holiday but after that chose to use the big green cushions instead. They were really comfortable and were in a shady area for most of the day.

The meals were ok but a little repetitive. I did enjoy them and there was always plenty of choice. I am a vegetarian but found plenty of things that I could eat. In fact I put a few pounds on so they couldnt have been that bad! My grandchildren didnt think much of the food but they ate something each day and they are plenty of places to eat nearby so this wasnt a problem.

The rooms were very nice. They were spacious and cleaned every day by the maids. There were clean towels and bedding each day and air conditioning and flat screen TVs in each room.

The bar was open from 11am to 11pm. All the barmen were excellent. They are very friendly and work really hard. You can drink as much as you like.

All the staff were really friendly and helpful but there is one obnoxious person who works there who goes by the name of OZZY. His job is to get you to go to the bars on bar street and from what I understand makes commission from this. This man really loves himself and is constantly boasting about all the woman he is seeing. His behaviour to my 15 year old granddaughter was inapproprate, constantly making inuendos and putting his arm around her at every opportunity. He was told about this several times but didnt take any notice. My granddaughter can take care of herself though and put him in his place.He also threatened my 13 year old grandson for throwing an ice cube at him during a play fight. It was only meant as a joke but he came right up to him, put his arm round his neck and put his fist right in his face and threatened to punch him. My grandson was upset. My daughter-in-law complained to the manager about his behaviour but I dont think anything was done about it cos he was back the next day. Avoid this man like the plague!

Depite this, it was a really enjoyable holiday and I would definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Audrey B
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just back from a fab holiday at this lovely little hote.
The staff were A1
It was immaculately clean
The food whilst not Cordon Bleu was very good
After reading earlier reviews on this hotel I was a bit doubtful but having now stayed there I think that there are some people that just like to grumble & have a moan. I cannot fault any aspect of this lovely friendly hotel.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were at your beck & call & who did everything in order to make sure you had everything you needed to ensure you had a good stay.
The cleaners were lovely & friend considering the long hours they workedeach day. Our room was cleaned every day.The bathroom & toilet were kept spotless towels & bed linen were changed on a regular basis so never got to the point of being dirty. The Air Con was FREE!!!!!!!!!! which was a bonus as we have always paid for it separately in other hotels.Wall mounted flat screen TV was also FREE!!!!! with some decent English speaking channels on The food was a lot better than i expected it to be for the cost of the hotel. I couldn't fault it at all there was a good choice of salad's pasta's & side dishes, two main dishes to choose from, normally chicken meat fish steak burgers sausage meatballs etc rice or some kind of potato. Also soup at lunch & dinner.There was fresh fruit every day & lots of deserts to choose from even the most fussy eater can find something to eat.The only small gripe I had was that there were not enough sunloungers poolside but as has been mentioned already on other peoples reviews the hotel has its own stretch of beach with free sunloungers for its clients to use just over the road 50yds at most so it kind of balances out some people like the pool & others the beach so its down to you which one you use. They also have huge chill out cushions next to the pool aswell as a terrace to sit on. Wasen't immpressed with the fact that people were putting towels on the poolside beds I have been going to Gumbet for many many years now & am saddened that this nasty trend has moved from Spain Greece etc to Turkey never had this before this year. Also the fact that people put towels on early in the morning or the night before but dont show up until the afternoon. The staff were very good about this & moved the towels off vacant beds if people were not on them by 11am. The all inclusive bar is open from 11am till 11pm which if you have kids with you is great because you can put them to bed without worrying about music blasting out untill the early hours. If you want that then there are plenty of great bars in town where you can drink till dawn & party till you drop. All in all if you dont want to pay 5* prices & somewhere clean local & friendly then this lovely little family run hotel is a must. ROLL ON NEXT YEAR I WILL BE GOING BACK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms were clean tidy & most had a pool view. I would sugest taking some coat hangers with you as with all hotels they were a little sparce.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank millann
Reviewed July 25, 2012

well this hotel was absolutly fab. hotel its self was clean and tidy cleaners are always doing something. bar staff are great its worth getting to know them as they will give you extra vokda or what ever spirit you like, they will also take you out if you want to go to the strip they remember your face. if you go out with bar staff they look after you, they dont let anyone give you no hassel......i.e people with roses and braclets...they say they are free but when you have got them they want money dont fall for it like we did frst night. FREE AIRCON what more do you need in turkey weather!!! alot of hotels you have to pay for it.......FOOD was okay you can always find something to eat...always salad and pasta, meat usually chicken most nights but did have steak and burgers also, chips wedges and jackets. pool was lush it looks so pretty at night with all diffrent colour lights. rooms big flat screen tv on wall. wine on tap red and white.. bar only open from 11 am till 11pm but fridge in room. water from hotel i didnt find that nice but shop next door had really nice water. breakfast started at half 8 so you can get juice tea and coffe in morning befor bar opens....all in all it was great best hotel we have been to in turkey and a definate must for next year!!!!!!!!!! its great for couples me and boyfriend found it amazing...sunbeds...leave towel down nightbefor by 7-8 they are all gone, but free sunbeds on beach our hotel beds are free with the green umbrells directly over the road across from hotel.
turkish bath was good worth money but its to expensive. make sure you get a good deal and drop the price they will hassel you the first day you arive to have one. DONT LISTEN TO BAD REVIEWS!!!!!!! was good

Room Tip: ask at reception for a good room we had room 307 was lush but no balcony..but that wasnt a problem for us
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hotel is great value for money! I went with along with a friend and met so many other people there. The hotel is situation basically right on the beach, walk out of hotel straight ahead for a minute or so and you are there. We read so many negative reviews before we went and it didn't put us off as I know how nit picky people are over small things. The staff in the hotel are lovely, the bar men especially Zorat he was the main man! The alcholic drinks for all inclusive were vodka, raki, gin and efes larger the soft drinks pepsi, fizzy fanta, lemonade. With the food there is not much choice but there is something to get you by each day, there is always pasta, rice and some potato of some sort and every other night they fry chicken or fish on a bbq which was lovely :) The pool is perfect, fairly big and clean. There are enough sunbeds to go around as they provide big comfy pillows to sunbathe on which you can move and place anywhere you like. Now for a negative point, OZZY is a guy who works there as part of an animation team, on your first day he will harass you to go to bar street, espescially if you are party goers. and as I did, you might go because you don't know the location well enough yet plus it was a free bus ride there. That night we met another young welsh couple and we all went with OZZY and some of the hotel staff to Pasha and Temple Bar that night and we didn't know he got commision for taking us, in which case he did and the drinks were about 5£ in sterling. Great night don't get me wrong, bar street is amazing! Second night, we wanted to go for a walk along the beach pop in to some bars on the way to bar street, he went crazy on us all shouting the odds all because he wouldn't get commission. We stood our ground and ended up walking to bar street after this argument with him and for the rest of the week he wouldn't say a word too us. So, if on your first night he pisses you off I recommend you go with him then the next night don't go with him and he'll leave you alone all holiday and it's worth the look on his face and the peace and quiet you get for the rest of your holiday. :) but other than that the hotel is worth it and the staff and all the maids are fantastic! OVERALL, class holiday and I will be going back next year! :) :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends