Ok let’s start with the good things as the bad will take me a while to explain:
- Location: Amazing – it’s so good you don’t even need cabs! Loads of nearby place to eat and the Gumbet beach is not far at all!
- Free Wi-Fi – not exactly your usual BT fibre optic connection but it does the job I guess
- The cleaning team were great and we always had clean towels etc.
- The gym is nice (but I must mention that it does not have air conditioning and it was 35 degrees during the day when I was there)…I guess working out naked was the best way to tackle that problem!
- Clean Pool and nice pool area
- Breakfast - NIIICE
So we arrived very late (1am) to Nova Apart Hotel and waited in the reception area for almost an hour. We then decided to walk to a nearby shop and ask if someone could help us as we were waiting and there was no one at the reception. After almost an hour the so called ‘Hotel Manager’ had arrived with a less than pleased look. Perhaps we distracted his incredibly busy schedule at 1am, only he knows!
We had booked two apartments (paid for a month back) but was then told at the time by the ‘Hotel Manager’ that he can only give us one room. An Apartment contained one double bed and two lousy, uncomfortable hard sofas. An Apartment also contained a small miniature wardrobe which in the UK would probably be used as my gym wardrobe. How a ‘Hotel Manager’ can even suggest that four grown men can share an apartment and store all our belongings in such limited space was beyond me.
We were not pleased with this at all and the only suggestion or solution the ‘Hotel Manager’ had for us was “I can refund you the money and you can look for a hotel/apartment elsewhere in Bodrum”
My thoughts immediately: “yes because I would love to stroll around in a place I don’t know at 1am looking for rooms, wow what a bright idea”…..THEEEEE MOST BIZZARE SUGGESTION I HAD EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE! I did not even know what to say to that!
I paid for two apartments I replied…he then said “sorry there was a mix up and now the second apartment has been given to someone else”….He said ‘sorry’ therefore surely that makes everything ok!
Anyways, after all this hoo-haa and debating or “begging” shall I say (although WE WERE THE CUSTOMERS) he had provided us with two apartments…Hey guess what, ONE NIGHT WASTED thanks to the amazing hotel staff who had immense difficulty understanding that paying for an apartment means you MUST have one available when the ‘people who paid for it’ have arrived!
Although this all sounded like a small mix up, I am writing about this specific incident as we were four strangers in another town somewhere in another country and all we wanted was to feel safe and welcomed a little. We almost felt like a burden and the manner in which we were treated was extremely poor. I felt as though the hotel staff played to our vulnerability and used that against us! As they say First impressions count and this was my first impression!
Apartment 2 door lock broken
The lock in our second apartment broke after a few days (not our fault as we did not know how it broke). As expected, inconvenience..i.e..moving valuables from one apartment to another back and forth. This was eventually fixed after we had made many requests!
DOOOO NOT EVEN THINK about ordering food from the restaurant. If you know the slightest thing about good food, you will know that the food there is terrible and the portion is tiny. I ordered chicken steak and chips and received a measly 12 pieces of chips. Can you imagine walking into a restaurant in the UK and being able to count the number of chips. I would not even dare count due to sheer embarrassment. However, in this case, a quick glance was sufficient.
Breakfast was lovely I must admit! DOOO NOT GO ALL INCLUSIVE HERE!
Explaining your order to the restaurant staff can also be quite a task – unless you speak Turkish of course. It took me a whopping 8 minutes explaining I want a chicken burger. I had to login to my phone, wifi and show a picture of a chicken! Haaa Good Times hey! On a positive note, Tomato ketchup seems to have become a universally accepted thing! Not a problem at all when I asked for Ketchup.
I forgot to mention the food arrived after 45mins and our neighbours received their food (sat on the opposite table) after an hour! Good things come to those who wait? I THINK NOT!!
I don’t think this apartment/hotel have ever heard of the word.
Not once did I feel safe leaving my passport and money behind at the apartment. I always felt as though someone could break in and take everything with such ease. The pool area was always full of what we would classify as ‘Rudeboys’ in the UK. I couldn’t tell you whether they were fellow residents or just ‘hanging out’ by our apartments! In my previous apartment in Bodrum (two years ago) there was always a security guard present at all times.
IF YOU WANT TO FEEL SAFE, THIS IS NOT YOUR PLACE AND IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY THEN DEFOOOOOOOOOOOOO AVOID!
Our flight was at 9pm and check out was at 12pm.
We asked the ‘Hotel Manager’ if we could have one apartment for an extra few hours to keep our luggage and he said he was not able to do that but we can leave it in the reception area. We explained that we did not want to do that as there is no receptionist present there! He then said ok then there will be a charge of 20 UK pounds and laughed and said that should be easy to pay between four of you guys! HE then spoke to his bartender in Turkish and his exact words were “F*** it, you can have it” – Yes this was the Hotel Manager! HOW VERY PROFESSIONAL. His image, his words everything about him was unprofessional and made us feel unsafe. If you are every there and wondering what he looks like he is fairly short, stubbles with ginger-ish/brownie hair. Professionalism is a very rare thing in Nova Apart Hotel so if you are expecting any of it, please just divert your attention elsewhere!
Now I want to make one thing VERY VERY VERY CLEARRRR! This apartment does have some excellent reviews, however, please scroll down and see who has submitted the reviews as the excellent reviews would usually come from Girls. O ISNT THAT SUPRISING! Why is that? Because, THE MEN IN THAT TOWN ARE PROBABLY THEEE MOST PERVIEST SLEAZY MEN ON EARTH who give girls a better service!
On a positive note, the flight crew were very friendly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an outdoor pool and a restaurant, Bodrum Nova Apart Hotel offers self-catering accommodation. Free WiFi access is available. The property is 1.4 km from Bodrum Windmills and 1.8 km from Pedasa Antique City.Apartments at Bodrum Nova Apart Hotel feature a TV, air conditioning and satellite channels. Private bathroom also comes with a hairdryer.At Bodrum Nova Apart Hotel you will find a fitness centre Other facilities like entertainment staff, a ticket service and a tour desk are offered. The property offers free parking.Milas-Bodrum Airport is located 33 km from the accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bodrum Nova Suites Hotel -All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.