“Worst Hotel I Have Ever Stayed In. (PEDA/Litera both the same hotel)”

Peda Gumbet Holiday Beach
Ranked #17 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Gumbet
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel was sold to us as a 4 star hotel but the very basic rooms, hundreds of steps to get to beach or pool and the entertainment which is all aimed at eastern europeans causes me to rate this as a very poor 2 star.
We ran out of toilet paper and it took 38 hours, 3 trips up to reception and 4 phone calls to get some and even then it was another family that gave us one. we had a problem with the toilet door locking from the inside when the door was shut (Twice in two days) first time the handy man took three hours to come and see us, he changed the handle which fell off twenty minutes later. The second time and it took me to threaten the very rude man at reception that I would take my five year old up to reception and let him do the toilet on his desk for him to send a waitor down to our room at 3 in the morning and smash the handle off the door.
The bed sheets were never changed and two single sheets spread over the double bed made it very uncomfortable especially when hot and restless. The room floor and toilet was not clean, the shower was covered in mould and the plastic shower unit was all buckled out of shape and leaked everywhere.
We booked a family suite which comprised of a double bed, single bed and a knackered old fold up bed all in the one room made it quite cramped and with no privacy. The blocks are so close to each other that if you are unfortunate to have one of the upper blocks near the dining room and pool your balcony looks straight into the block below you.
The all inclusive bar comprised of local Vodka, Gin, White & Red wine and Efes beers all served in plastic glasses which also get used as ashtrays by some guests. The soft drinks are pepsi, fanta or sprite or fruit juices (lemon, grape, strawberry, pineapple and peach) which are served from dispenser which are never cleaned and just topped up with syrup concentrate and water, the cold water dispenser was warm all the time.
The food was all aimed at the local and eastern europeans with salad and stewed vegetables the main thing for all meals. Very little meat was ever served and if it was, the very lucky (or ignorant) few who pushed in to the front of the queue hoovered it all up and the chips were soggy and horrible. I ended up spending a lot of money which should have been for excursions and shopping just trying to give my family a decent meal each day.

I could go on all day. I keep telling everyone that asks about my holiday that we made the most of a very bad scenario and I am describing it as a 70s butlins-like camp for rude and impatient russians, ukranians, polish and turkish holiday makers.

I would advice all english speaking people to avoid.

Room Tip: dont bother
1  Thank John B

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Took my 14 year old daughter her 15 year old friends and my 16 year old niece was worried to say the least but it was great hotel staff looked out for them they all ate yes picky teanagers plenty of choice nice rooms But lots of steps it was so bad im taking my husband to this hotel in October hope it is as good a second time

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank jin64
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed a day and half before we got transfered.
As soon as you opened the door all you could smell was the mould. I am an asthmatic and the smell irritated my chest I had to use my inhaler more times than I usually do that night. There is mould under the window. When you opened the cupboards, they smelt of sick and were sticky inside. You could not use the wardrobe because there were no hangers to hang you clothes.
As for putting clothes in there anyway, we couldn’t because the smell from the wardrobe was horrendous so we kept the doors shut.
There was mould in the shower and the toilet was full of brown stains and no holder to put the toilet paper on.
All-inclusive if you are eastern european. Only drinks that are free are beer, gin, vodka and soft drinks. You had to pay for fresh orange. No snacks inbetween main meals. Dinning area was a free for all. More like a rugby match!. Food is not lablled. If there was any food on the dinning tables, staff would just brush it on the floor. The table clothes weren't even changed. We arrived very early Tuesday morning, Air-con didn't work, so we had to sleep with the window open. I didn't sleep, in fear of someone getting in the room. Everywhere you walked you had to climb stairs. I believe there were more stairs there than the Eifel Tower! The beach was a joke. It was only created due to the natural errosion by the sea. Even then I believe it was only big enough for 8 sun beds.
When we sat down to eat our meal, people got up and walked away and sat at another table. The whole time we stayed there, we were not felt welcome at all. We felt intimated and alienated by the other holidaymakers.
There is alot more I could wite, but I would only be repeating what other people have said.
DON'T STAY HERE. STAY AWAY!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lampshade1
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed a week in this hotel and the family room we got was terrible.We had to put up with cracked shower tray,broken shower door broken toilet sit cracked tiles in the shower room and so water leaking from every where.The room was terrible with light fittings nearly hanging off the wall.Bedsheets too small to fit on doulble bed.Matress thin and very uncomfortable with noisy springs.and broken legs.The wardrobe cupboards were painted and falling apart with a broken safebox so nowhere to store your valubles.When requested for a safebox they wanted £15.for it.Staff at the reception hardly spoke English and very argumentative when complained.
This hotel is full of Eastern Europeans and teenagers so got very noisy and boozy and became very noisy with doors slamming in the middle of the night.HUNDREADS OF STEPS TO CLIMB AND NO LIFTS.Rubbish management but waiters worked hard.PLEASE AVOID THIS HOTEL

Room Tip: If you are going to this terrible hotel choose the sea facing rooms
3  Thank JOE C
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just don't stay here. I cannot think of one good yet alone decent thing about this poohole! I was due to stay for 11 nights and only lasted 4!! Jut steer clear!!! The one meal eaten there made us poorly, dry blood and sick down my bed on arrival and still there after we left! The staff are rude, make you feel like you are the lowest of low. I could ramble on and on but I'm pretty sure you will get the picture! This place needs closing down! It's one big health and safety hazard! Also all of the English people were put in the worst rooms in a row so we were 'out of the way'.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank rebecca k
Reviewed July 17, 2013

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL.
I stayed at this hotel from 8/7/13-15/7/13 and i complained a number of times whilst there but i got no where, staff were extremely unhelpful
1. My mum and i were taken to a basement room with a double bed, there were damp on the walls and we werent prepared to share a bed. We were then moved to another room which was small and had no balcony the only door led straight onto a walkway, when we got in the room the air conditioning was broken and our door did not lock from the inside so anyone could have came in through the night! i complained to the reception and they said there was nothing they could do until the morning, so we had to endure 30 degree heat with no air con all night. The key fob for the light was also coming off the wall, the light was hanging off the ceiling and the sheets, floor and bathroom were dirty along with the shower hanging off the wall, leaking shower and no hot water - we had cold showers all week!. More than 24 hours later we managed to get the aircon and the door fixed!
2. The restaurant was dirty and the food often cold with flies and the tables were not cleared after people had ate, therefore we never ate in the restaurant and we had to spend a lot of money on eating out. On the website it states that lunch is from 12.30 until 2pm but when we got there we were not given any information about restaurant times or even given all inclusive wrist bands! we had to go and ask for them our selves and then we find out lunch is only 12-1pm and there are not enough seats for every one in the hotel to get their lunch between this hour so if you did want something you didnt stand a chance, the same with the evening we looked in once at 9.15pm and they were packing up and shutting the doors. We were told more than once that the coca-cola machine was 'not working' therefore had to buy our own water and bottles of cola from the supermarket next door. Twice we were given the same towels folded and put back on the towel rail even though they were dirty, our sheets were never changed and the room was not cleaned the only thing that the cleaners did was make the bed and not properly as the valance was left tucked under the mattress. The tv did not work.
The steps and general areas were dirty with drinks spilt on them and there was a trail of ants up the stairs near our room.
The hotel does not look anything like the pictures it does not mention that there are nearly 300 steps to the beach not suitable for the older person and when you get to the beach is it very small.
Totally shocking hotel by no means is this a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Dont think they have any good rooms!
4  Thank Alexandra R
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Before going to the hotel my partner and I checked out the reviews for the hotel, even though we saw some terrible reviews the hotel on teletext and ice lolly was rated a four star and most of the reviews were out dated. So for the price we paid for the holiday we weren't expecting much, however on arrival at the hotel we were greeted by unhelpful staff who could not speak much english and were made to wait around for what seemed a pointless amount of time (we arrived in the middle of night and just wanted to get to the room) there were already people complaining at the help desk and they couldn't manage to give us our all inclusive wrist bands until the next day! once being given our room we were taken to a tiny drab what can only be descibed as box room with one window that looked out on to the public path(meaning we could not leave it open as someone could quite easily climb in! The air con did not work and with the 35+ heat it was like walking into a sauna however the staff that helped us to our room just left without helping us. Inside the room the fridge did not work we had half a sheet to cover us the shower was broken and above the toilet there was a pipe with what looked like a birds nest inside (we did not look any closer) the mattress did not fit the bed so if you walked around the room we kept catching our shins on the sharp corners, the fridge also did not work. Around the hotel was pretty average the pool area was ok with a slide that was rarely turned on however children took it upon the selves to carry buckets of water to slide down the slide with. Food at the hotel was disgusting and inedible and even the staff were aware of how awful the food was sometimes joking about the food. Around the area everyone knew the hotel as the one with bad food this meant we ate out breakfast lunch and dinner causing us to overspend even though we had paid all inclusive.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, Don't go all inclusive
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple