“UCAK - THIS IS IT!”
Review of Ucak, Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gumbet
Ucak, Apartments
Ranked #73 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed July 3, 2012

What a bomb!! At the grand age of 28 and done quite a few 18-30 holidays I was looking forward to hitting turkey hard. To break it down......Pako is a legend and he is fine, if u don't mess with him he will spare u, burn the turkish flag then ive no doubt you will be swimming with the fishes lol. Make sure u ask him for a bar tab ;-) He will quite happily pump out Spains greatest hits so help him out and get Turbulance on! but at the end of the day we ain't there for shut eye.
The rooms are fine, BBQ fine good chance to mingle all I would say is that if you go to Gumbet expecting an Ibiza or Magaluf holiday then it's not gonna wet your taste buds, it will feel like your seeing same people nite after nite as 1 flight in a week, also ive never seen a booze cruise with people asleep. For me and my guys we enjoyed it but its time to move on.

Room Tip: The room as you go up the main stairs but keep going up, next to staff quarters. directly opposite t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chris D

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I went to Ucak apartments in July with a open mind after reading the reviews on this.All i can say is it was amazing for my first holiday abroad!!!Really didnt want to go home after two weeks.All the people we met on the first week that stayed there were really friendly and definetly added to my holiday and made it enjoyable!As for Simon the rep he was really friendly,helpful,up for a good laugh,made you feel welcome and part of the group(thanks for picking me to do the rolly polly game on Bodrum by night with a short dress on) and was always about the pool during the day and at night if you needed him for anything.Paco seems to get a bad reputation on this,he can seem a bit much when you just arrive but hes really not that bad,the "Love you long time"patter does get a bit repetitive after a week.The apartments are more or less rite next to Bar street which is good when your walking home after a night out.The apartment is basic but you really dont need that much,would have been good if there was a toaster though.It gets cleaned daily and the bed linen gets changed every 2-3 days.Booking up to do all activities does seem alot of money (£183 for two weeks) but they were really enjoyable and gave us something to do at night instead of planning it ourselfs.Food and drink is alot cheapier in restaunts than in the apartment,only 5 lira(£2) for a full english breakfast.Would recomend Ucak to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor apartment,is really easy to get to the pool as its just two seconds away.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We booked this as a last minute deal and it was a club 18-30 deal, given I'm almost too old for this trip I wasn't expecting much.

However, the apartments were in a great location two minutes from bar street (main bar/restaurant area), they were clean although basic. Twin beds which we had to push together. Fridge, cooker etc no hairdryer so u need to take one with you. The toilet was a little strange toilet was so close to the shower that the shower curtain encompasses the shower and toilet. The cleaner came everyday & changed the towels & sheets.

Paco the owner was friendly had a good sense of humour.very informative also helped us with pronunciation of the Turkish we were trying to learn.

The club 18-30 rep vanished into think air after the first night when we didn't book any trips. He was no where to be seen fir the whole holiday until the last night when he was sleezing on the young girls at our pool.

I can say whilst we enjoyed Gumbet & Pacos apartments we will not be ever going club 18-30 or Thomas cook again(4 hour flight no leg room felt claustrophobic).

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel for a week in September 2011. We booked this up as a cheap last minute deal and what we got was pretty much what you should expect for £270 for one week. We didn't have a balcony in our room which we assume was because we were one of the last ones to book (2 out of the 12 rooms did not have them). We also found a cockroach in the bathroom within 10 minutes of checking into our room which was very off-putting, but that was the only one we saw all week so I would not suggest the hotel is over-run with them!

Paco (the manager) is a bit of a character. A lot of the reviews suggest that he does not like guys but he was OK with me. This is probably because I bought a lot of drink from him though. He seems to be very much driven by money and likes to try and sell you things but to be fair he's just trying to make a living I suppose. You need to pay 140 lira for aircon, a safe and late check out (8pm) which is actually quite reasonable, and there are also offers for bulk drink vouchers etc. One thing I would suggest avoiding is the BBQ, which was very strange. He charges 30 lira per person which does not sound bad (about £11-12) but when you consider what you can get out of the nice restaurants on bar street (The Windmill) or at the beach (The Sun Club Hotel) for the same price, it was not worth it. The food was OK, but the portions were small. He claimed chips, spaghetti, bread, salad etc was unlimited but it quickly ran out and was not replaced. The entertainment was the strange part - he did a very questionable dance and played videos of what looked like the Turkish version of you've been framed. However, getting out of going to it will be the biggest challenge you'll come across. He pretty much invited himself into our room whilst I was sleeping and forced us to listen to a 15 minute sales pitch about it which he concluded with "you are coming yes??" We just said yes to get rid of him but not many people managed to talk themselves out of it judging by the fact that nearly all of the guests were at it. I'd suggest coming up with a very valid excuse not to go. He probably won't like you after that however!

The hotel is operated by 18-30 reps. We had Selina who was very nice and helpful the full week. She was not too pushy or in your face and did not pressure us into anything. Pretty much because of this we signed up to go on their bar crawl on the first night. This turned out to be very good, but I wouldn't say it is for all couples - I think we were the only couple in a group of 60-70 people but we still had a great night as it was a good crowd. The "free bar" was a bit questionable however as I'm sure the spirits were watered down but you get drunk enough anyway in the bars they take you before it as drink is reasonably priced in most bars (8-10 lira for vodkas, cocktails, coronas etc). We would have went to other things but 2 of the events involved boats which make both me and my girlfriend sick so that ruled us out. Others who went along to the other events all seemed to have good nights though! All the other 18-30 reps who we seen were also very helpful. At 25 I'm probably getting "past it" when it comes to 18-30 holidays but because of this experience I wouldn't rule out booking up with them again if I found a decent deal.

POSITIVES OVERALL
Cheap flights and accommodation, clean rooms (after the cockroach sighting), good reps, good crowd of people within the hotel...in the main (you always get one or two wherever you go!), decent sized pool considering the number of guests, good food from the bar (we ate 3-4 times and it was really good), friendly staff, short walk to main strip and beach. There isn't much to the beach but if you get a sun lounger you are not charged so long as you buy a couple of drinks from the bar which you are sitting in front of (and the drink is again reasonably priced).

NEGATIVES OVERALL
Beer and alcohol (or lack of) - won't be much of a concern for many, but I like to drink pints by the pool and Paco does not have a beer tap. He sells bottles, but only Efes (OK Turkish beer) and Miller (It ain't 1987 no more Paco, get some Coronas or Desporados on the go!). His cocktails don't have much of an effect on you either, which would suggest he waters his spirits down yet he still doesnt sell them any cheaper than the bars on the strip.

Passports - Paco keeps them until you check out. I assume this is to make sure you pay any penalties you incur, but I still wasn't very comfortable with this.

Toilet paper - you have to buy your own, and you can't flush it down the toilet.

Location - although it's quite good as it is 5-10mins away from the noisy bar street, it's a bit of dodgy walk in the night coming home as there is a barren area of hilly land between it and bar street. Groups of girls should be careful and I wouldn't advise anyone to walk home themselves.

Guys walking round trying to flog you roses, and wee beggars hassling you for money. You get this most places however.

Turkish men in the bars/clubs - live up to their sleazy stereotype so be very careful around them. I caught a couple peering into girls toilets at certain points and some of them stare at you as if they are going to attack you but it's probably just "their way" haha.

Overall it was OK. I wouldn't go back again but thats more down to the fact that you've pretty much seen all Gumbet has to offer after one week, rather than a slight on the hotel. Loud music is played all day into the night at the pool, so it you want peace and quiet it's not for you but I suppose you would know that booking into a club 18-30 hotel.

Room Tip: I assume we were one of the last parties to book up, so we did not get a balcony with our room. I th...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clipper85
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed at the Ucak Apartments in August 2011 with 5 of my friends (all of us female) and for 2-star rated accomodation, it really is quite good! The beds and mattresses were pretty simple, but the furniture is up to date and in good working order, as are the kitchen appliances. The wetroom-style bathrooms are actually really good, apparently they're the best hotel bathrooms in Gumbet?... enough space to move around and get a good shower in, nice and clean. The pool is small, but when there was only 20 of us staying at the hotel, it was more than ample space, and you get to know all of the people at the hotel so well if you're willing to get involved!

Paco... after reading reviews on here, I was scared to say the least, but as long as you know how to handle Paco he's really funny and he came out with some classic lines I'll never forget! He can be a bit overzealous and more shy people might think he invades your personal space a bit, but he's always just having a joke and I never had a problem with him personally. His barbecue is interesting... the food is good but the entertainment leaves a lot to be desired, unless videos of dancing cats etc are your thing. Taking part in the 18-30 package was the best thing we did in my opinion, you get to go out with other like-minded English people, as being in a bar full of Turks can be a bit intimidating, especially for 18 year old girls! The boat trip was amazing, definitely go on it if you do anything, same with neon night, and our rep Simon was great with all of the 18-30 stuff.

Things to look out for... going up and down the dark-ish hill to get to the Ucak from Bar Street. We were harassed several times by local people which was unnerving to say the least, so never, ever go out on your own or decide it's a good idea, because it definitely isn't!!! The Turkish men do not know when to stop, and it can get very, very annoying, but as long as you totally ignore them and don't give them any ideas then they should just clear off.

To conclude, the Ucak was pretty much perfect for us as a base for our 18-30 adventures! Rooms are clean and tidy and the location is just off Bar Street, meaning you get away from all the loud music when you need to sleep off the alcohol!

Advice:
- ALWAYS tell the rep if something goes wrong in your room that isn't your fault, and get on their case to fix it for you asap or it'll be forgotten
- If you're happy with Paco, Paco's happy with you!
- Get the 18-30 package, even if it's just 5 out of the 7 events - it was the highlight of my holiday personally.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank siaaaan_
Reviewed August 3, 2011

NO HES DEFINETILY NOT A NICE GUY! VERY VENOMOUS!

He's nice to you for first couple of days, but after that, him and his fellow colleagues do start to hate you if you're a male I'm not gonna lie.
His BBQ is the most strangest thing I've even been to. Nice food mind you, but then when he reappears in White gowns head to toe, and starts dancing on you - super strange.
He says it's 40 Turkish lira to bring a girl back to the hotel, when I got there I only had 23 on me.. Yet still let her stay? Hmmm...
The food is nice though, fair play to the chef. Always somebody at the bar to serve you too.

There seemed to be a lot of "power cuts" too.. But strangely enough only to our two rooms.. Hmmm.

The rep, Simon, was top though. I'd heard loads about "don't buy anything through the reps it's a rip off", and to be fair it's not the cheapest, but once you pay, EVERYTHING is all organised to a tee, no quarms. Very happy I invested in this part. The nights the reps (18-30 reps that is) set up aswell are all quality!!! Very recommend em.

Pool is a bit tiny, especially if you're with a group of 17 lads and you all want a tasty game of ruggers!

The hotel itself is down a 40degree, dark scary mudpath too, which my friend got closelined off a turk on a moped, and then beat up. So that's not very good. But as long as you're with someone then you'll be alright.

Gumbet itself is AMAZING. especially with all the 18-30 nights which I again, recommend highly. All the hotels meet up nearly every night and get f***ed up together, everyone's dead friendly too.

So this is an essay, so ill try and summarise it,
Paco's very strange but dealable If you're a girl,
Hotel is alright. Nothing special. Suited us coz we didn't want much just a pool.
18-30 reps were ALL top (you have to go on 18-30 if your in that age bracket and thinking of going gumbet)
Nightlife was ace too.

All in all, recommend gumbet (18-30), and recommend Ucak depending on what you require.

Hope it was useful!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Gadgeygoo
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Had such an amazing week staying at the Ucak apartments! I went with an open mind after reading past reviews and I wasn't let down! Ucak was brilliant for a 2 star hotel and the atmosphere was great. Please be aware that Ucak are an 18-30's hotel so I recommend families and people going for a quiet stay choose another hotel, but if they do choose to stay that they do not bring the hotel down by leaving further negative comments! I would happily stay at Ucak again! Thanks for a great time Simon, Paco, etc! Love you longtime!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends