“Brilliant!!!!”

Ranked #6 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Gumbet
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked to go on a girly holiday with 3 other friends and before I go on any holiday I read the reviews and with this one every review or every other review was terrible. Well they are all lies! I'm easily please but this was the best holiday I have been on, it was great value, great location, amazing staff, friendly people everywhere, food was lovely, rooms where clean was great! We arrived and we had two rooms booked and we got out into rooms behind the pool area which was perfect because it was out of the way but just beside the bar ;) on the 2nd day after we had unpacked my room the electric had faults, so we said to the hotel manager and we were moved to a room beside the pool with a pool side view which was so much better and on top of that we got complimentary air conditioning because we had to move! The whole week the room was cleaned on a regular basis the rooms where completely safe (I left my money in there at all times) although we had a safe for our passports also! We ate in the hotel during the day by the poolside their food was BEAUTIFUL! Really can't complain! We had made friends with the bar man Jay Jay who was hilarious and made our holiday fantastic, he made us speciality cocktails every night before we hit bar street and when we came in at 6am he ordered us pizzas from his friends shop! We love jay jay! :) on top of all the great service we had a rep called Jason who was amazing, he sorted boat party tickets, Turkish baths etc anything we needed to know he told us, also told us what to watch out for! But 3 days into the holiday I ended up in hospital due to sunburn and blood poisoning and hadn't a clue there was anything wrong until he took me to hospital (worried) cause I had blisters all over, I ha insurance but had excess of £250 and was made to pay that but thankfully to Jason I didn't have to pay a thing so that saved me having to fork out that money so I was so thankful! There is nothing wrong with this hotel at all an I cannot complain about anything (apart from walking up the miniature steep hill when I was extremely drunk was mission impossible- but again my fault for getting so drunk) oh and I stained the bed ware with permanent marker due to letting people write on my casts after hospital and falling asleep drunk! But I have no complaints at all and I love turkey, love the Turkish culture and love gumbet and this hotel and I would go back 1000 times over! Best holiday I've been on! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ibizaajb

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here from the 15th-16th July, there was 5 girls altogether. We arrived around half 12 at night so we were all pretty tired. Our rep lee from Thomas cook was really good, always helpful,
We arrived at the hotel and we're checked and in someone helped us take our bags to our room, the man on reception was lovely (he does the night shifts). We walked into our room which 3 of us were in, so we checked it out was nice until we noticed that the bathroom floor was soaked, something was leaking.
We went out to get something to eat and a restaurant opened its kitchen for us :).
We told our rep lee about the shower problem the next morning at the welcome meeting, he spoke to the hotel. We all obviously needed showers so wanted it fixed ASAP. I asked reception later in the day when it was getting fixed about 5ish someone came to fix it.
Food was okay but hotel bar is over priced, go to smileys grill, a man that works there called Ali g was friendly and very funny. We got called the spice girls plenty of times! Haha
Temple bar was our favourite bar/club, I would recommend these apartments for families but not for a young family.
We did the water park (a lot of walking), Turkish baths, bar crawl and diamond boat trip. Would recommend all of them as we wanted to do things while we were there. Overall great place, friendly faces but be careful with the Turkish men if your in a group of girls.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emily S
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Just got back from 2 weeks at these apartments. The rooms are very basic, we have stayed in better for about the same cost. We got fresh towels every other day and the beds changed quite regular. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Our first week was quieter than the second week around the pool, I suppose its just pot luck second week we were up 6.30 to guarantee a bed.
But thats not the fault of the hotel, its people who put towels down at 6 then dont come down until late afternoon or not at all.
The food at the bar was very nice but I think the English breakfast is a little over priced as you can get plenty of good breakfasts for 6tl plus 4tl for your drink.
The hotel is at the bottom of a very steep hill there are steps at the side or you can use the back entrance which again has steps. Its not really suitable for young families with pushchairs or people with mobility problems.
La maison is very close to the bars which play music until the early hours, plus the hotel bar plays loud music until around midnight to 1am whether there is anyone in the bar or not, not nice if your room is right behind the speakers.
The showers are very small, not much room to manouver but the rest of the apartments is a decent size , except of the balcony!
The rooms include a fridge, and the usual plates, cups etc and a 2 ring hotplate which takes forever to heat anything up its quicker to pop across the road and eat there.
The pool does not really have a shallow end, I am 5'2" and had to stand on tiptoe, though there is a baby pool, usually full of adults.
Smiley bar n grill across the road do a great chicken kebab all night long so if your a party animal you can get 1 on the way back at 5am.
Smileys bar to the right of smiley grill have a great entertainment team on an evening, be prepared to get up and dance.
Very close to some great bars and restaurants, but you have to run a gauntlet of shops to get there which can get a bit monotonous.
Feel free to ask me anything about the hotel and surrounding areas.

Room Tip: Dont go for 311 its right behind the bar.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jodavo
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked to stay for 2 weeks :) we Booked a balcony room but didn't get one which was no problem as the balcony is very small! we had a room that was on the bottom floor which was very close to the pool! very close to the bars and shops which is great! The only problems really were that we could hear music from the bars at early hours of morning and the showers were very small! during our 2 week stay the cleaner only mopped our floor 3 times and changed the bedding once , which i found disgusting, he came in everyday just to give a toilet roll and change the bins. the kitchen is spacious and a big bedroom. There was enough sunbeds for everyone which means you don't have to wake up early to get a sunbed! would'nt really recommend this hotel for a family with a baby as you can jear alot of music and also would struggle to push a pram up the hill! Nice food at the hotel especially the homemade chips. smiley's bar grill is right outside the hotel which have friendly staff and AMAZING kebabs! Chico's bar is recommended if you want a lot of fun and entertainment! there is no entertainment at this hotel. would recommend this hotel for couples or Groups of young people age 18-25

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sioned h
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The apartments are very clean BUT even although there were a number of families at the pool and no one at the bar, staff insisted on closing the pool at 7
Did not understand this as kids loved the cooler atmosphere later in the day
Requests and complaints fell on deaf ears!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks with my husband and two young children, one 3 and the other 5 months. While the apartments are very clean and the staff are friendly the noise at night time and during the night is bad! This was advertised as suitable for families! This is certainly not the case! I would not recommend these apartments to anyone with a family. We also requested a cot for the baby and are still waiting for it!!! Asked several times about the cot and even went to the holiday rep and still nothing. Safe to say we will not be returning!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank mcguj
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed in La Maison Apartments and i thought it was pretty good! The apartment was big and it had enough room for 3 ladies. The staff were helpful and the pool was ok. Defo going to stay there again in a few months and you need to eat at smileys!! Nice food and its cheap. Murat is a lovely man who will do anything for anyone. The cleaners came every day and gave us fresh sheets and cleaned our mess up (bless them). It is very noisey so beware! Not good for a family to be honest. Try this plave. Its worth it :()

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends